[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can You Believe This?

The Wolf

CBS and some of those site have all the bells and whistles, INCLUDING research and advice. Those sirtes are for lazy, brainless managers that don't want to go out and find their own information.

MFL links to sites, but give you nothing but a pure league management system that allows GMs to succeed or fail on their own.

:D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Free Agent RBs

if you click on Derrick Ward you get this link: http://football34.myfantasyleague.com/2007...4727&P=7625

is that what they are looking for?

And if you click on his score you get this. But judging by what I read in their forum they want to be able to filter the Top Performers list not only by position, but also by specific stats as well. Such as "what are the top 5 RBs by reception" or "What are the top 20 QBs by rushing TDs" and as far as I know MFL will not do that. However, IMHO, that is being extremely picky, petty, lazy & childish....no offense Wolf.

Edit: MFL can do that under the advanced section of the Top Performers. Thanks austink for reminding me. :D

Edited by rajncajn

And if you click on his score you get this. But judging by what I read in their forum they want to be able to filter the Top Performers list not only by position, but also by specific stats as well. Such as "what are the top 5 RBs by reception" or "What are the top 20 QBs by rushing TDs" and as far as I know MFL will not do that. However, IMHO, that is being extremely picky, petty, lazy & childish....no offense Wolf.

None taken at all. The advance search really provided what they are looking for. Now that I have posted how to obtain the info, let's see what happens.

It is amazing how quickly they have forgotten just how BAD SportsLine is! OK, I am definitely not providing the right format (colors, presentation, too much info, etc) and that falls on me as commish. But they have to know that to learn how to use MFL, they have to get on and play around with it. It's easier to complain about something because it is brand new and something they want is not right in front of them.

We'll see what happens. I really do appreciate the advice and critique from all!

CBS and some of those site have all the bells and whistles, INCLUDING research and advice. Those sirtes are for lazy, brainless managers that don't want to go out and find their own information.

MFL links to sites, but give you nothing but a pure league management system that allows GMs to succeed or fail on their own.

:D

I whole heartedly agree. Perhaps after 14 years, some of these guys are not looking to do some of the work on their own. I mean really...who ever listened to the SportsLine GURU any way??????

I am flabbergasted. The tools in my league want to move back to SportsLine from MFL. For a lilttle background, I switched us to MFL this season after 6 years with SportsLine. Maybe it is me (I'm the Commish) and I have not set our league up properly (trying but maybe not succeeding) but after one week?

Their big issue at the moment (of many) is finding free agents...the listing is alphabetical and they want it by points scored, by position. I have to think that there's something I can do to set this right...we should be able to find free agents by points scored.

goto yahoo. it's free, and way better than CBS, AND MFL in my opinion, unless you need specific setups

I've always said MFL's only problem is presentation. Its just not as intuitive finding different pages as other sites IMO. It turns the newbs off.

I think that's where the new templates come in handy versus using one of the skins provided. The templates have a lot of those reports built right into the home page already and you can just click on them. Like Player Stats. I switched my local to one of the templates this year and had a guy comment on the Player Stats button, and what a great report that was to have, and wished they'd had it sooner. After all these years he'd never found the Top Performers/Players stats page. :D

I am flabbergasted. The tools in my league want to move back to SportsLine from MFL. For a lilttle background, I switched us to MFL this season after 6 years with SportsLine. Maybe it is me (I'm the Commish) and I have not set our league up properly (trying but maybe not succeeding) but after one week?

Their big issue at the moment (of many) is finding free agents...the listing is alphabetical and they want it by points scored, by position. I have to think that there's something I can do to set this right...we should be able to find free agents by points scored.

I can believe it. My BOTH league is at MFL and I like CBS better.. :D

I was just thinking that yesterday.

I have 1 mfl, 1 yahoo, and 1 fleaflicker (buddies family league.....younger nephew and friends play....just for fun)

The yahoo league has always done yahoo.

the mfl is my longtime local. They did sportsline for many years and dispite the large league fee they loved the site, all the bells and whistles, articles, polls, grafix, the "guru" :D . We did yahoo last year and I convinced them to do mfl this year. I have a fealing we might go back to sportsline due to people not liking change and learning a new platform. One guy who came back to the league after being away (Iraq) wanted to know where the guru was.......

I'm with ya brother, Good Luck Wolf!!

Make that at least 3 of us then. I was able to talk our league into switching from Fanball this year and they are all complaining that MFL isn't user friendly. :D

In my experience, MFLs user friendliness lies almost 100% on the commishes shoulders in the way they choose to set up the site. Using one of the pre-designed templates alleviates the majority of problems for new commishes. Taking 30 minutes to peruse the various menus and options answers the majority of other questions from owners as far as what info can be found where. Not being willing to even look at what is offered is an owner laziness issue, not an MFL flaw, IMO.

In my experience, MFLs user friendliness lies almost 100% on the commishes shoulders in the way they choose to set up the site. Using one of the pre-designed templates alleviates the majority of problems for new commishes. Taking 30 minutes to peruse the various menus and options answers the majority of other questions from owners as far as what info can be found where. Not being willing to even look at what is offered is an owner laziness issue, not an MFL flaw, IMO.

I am learning this and completely accept that I am a large part of the problem in my league. Instead of using the prepackaging, I tried to fully customize...and my lack of know-how in this area is showing.

mfl.com is for FF snobs like most of us, who want site quality, prompt friendly support, & customization in their site. Sites like CBS are for people who care more about flash & appearance than substance or league diversity/capability.

To each their own. If a league likes CBS and chooses it simply because it looks "kewl" and appears to give "sage" advice, then they deserve what they get - which is incredibly crappy service, amazing lack of FF acumen, and a site that periodically crashes/isn't functioning for twice the price. PT Barnum was right...

Edited by Bronco Billy

I am learning this and completely accept that I am a large part of the problem in my league. Instead of using the prepackaging, I tried to fully customize...and my lack of know-how in this area is showing.

But at least you are man enough to admit that. Many are not and would rather say that the product sucks than admit that they are not HTML/coding gurus. Most of the prepackaged stuff is better than 99% of commishes could do on their own. And if there is anything you want added, an MFL support ticket or even better the coding/script forum at the MFL Forums are full of other commishes that take pride in completely customizing their sites and are mroe than willing to help

Don't take too much upon your shoulders. If people aren't willing to peruse a computer site and are going to be unwilling to click on a few buttons, they aren't going to be very capable of using it. You have to be willing to try different things on your own to get full function out of it - much like anything else on the computer - e-mail, msoffice programs, etc.

This is the first year I used MFL for my league. Years past we were at CBS. Lat year we tried to save the money and go to Fox. Big mistake. So this year I took it over to MFL because of this forum and the price and couldnt be more happy with them. I love the custimizations you can do not to metion FFLM to run the draft and MFL Gameday is absolutley awesome.

The templates are awesome. They are all you need. I used one and changed things up a bit on my site. I got a couple complaints about how they like cbs better. They said where is the news? Cbs always had news right there. I told him if you call that news. I then went on to tell him he need to go to FF sites to get the real info.

This is the first year I used MFL for my league. Years past we were at CBS. Lat year we tried to save the money and go to Fox. Big mistake. So this year I took it over to MFL because of this forum and the price and couldnt be more happy with them. I love the custimizations you can do not to metion FFLM to run the draft and MFL Gameday is absolutley awesome.

The templates are awesome. They are all you need. I used one and changed things up a bit on my site. I got a couple complaints about how they like cbs better. They said where is the news? Cbs always had news right there. I told him if you call that news. I then went on to tell him he need to go to FF sites to get the real info.

FYI they have a News feature which you can add to the home page. Go to Reports > NFL > News Articles. They have KFFL news which is way more up to date & you can sort by player if you want.

not true!

what are the top 5 RBs by reception

What are the top 20 QBs by rushing TDs

(the column headers on the top performers report are clickable, allowing you to sort based on most of the columns. :D

not true!

what are the top 5 RBs by reception

What are the top 20 QBs by rushing TDs

(the column headers on the top performers report are clickable, allowing you to sort based on most of the columns. :D

:D Yeah, it's been a while since I used that feature. So now they should have nothing to complain about. :wacko:

I used to be the MFL guru. I'd get free elagues from the guys there because of my contributions on there support forums, but then they switched to the ticket system which really cut way back on the support forum traffic. But, as of earlier this summer, I had only just fallen to the #2 non-admin poster on their forums.

They are truly a class act.

I used to be the MFL guru. I'd get free elagues from the guys there because of my contributions on there support forums, but then they switched to the ticket system which really cut way back on the support forum traffic. But, as of earlier this summer, I had only just fallen to the #2 non-admin poster on their forums.

They are truly a class act.

That is a class thing to do...think of how much time and $$ you saved them. I have to utilize those forums more...

For those who helped, I appreciate it! Here's the home page as it stands now:

http://football34.myfantasyleague.com/2007/home/54727

Those templates really are a godsend...how in the world did I not see that???

Looking much better, but you still need to do some work with the columns. :D