[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seahawks fans shut up!

Seahawks21

This is still talked about- because it had a MAJOR effect on the winner of the Super Bowl..... this goes way beyond Seahawks fans, the calls obviously bothered alot of people nation-wide- this was not limited to Seattle fans. I have friends from all over the country- many of which I watched the game with, or talked to during- their reaction was all the same....... Khloe, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian is going on here?????????

very suspect calls at critical points in the game that greatly effected momentum and the flow of the game. period. end of story.

Many rational, knowledgeable NFL fans all over the country had a serious problem with the calls.......

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't handle it anymore. I can't turn on local sportsradio lately without hearing some caller whining about the SuperBowl XL, like the Seahawks have a chance this week to correct a huge wrong. I have co-workers that have literally not spoken to me since that Super Bowl, that think this is our chance to get the trophy...."as long as the refs don't give this one to the Steelers too". I am going to break this down one time in terms you folks can understand.

If you are in wide open space in the end zone, and the WR puts his hand squarely on the DB's chest while making a cut, offensive pass interference will be called.

If an offensive tackle puts his hands BEHIND the DE's shoulder and corrals him, holding will be called.

If you go 4-17 on 3rd down, you will lose to the Steelers.

If a team leaves your TE wide open all day and takes away your other options, and you still can't complete any passes to said TE, you will lose to the Steelers.

If you allow an 80 yard run to Fast Willie, you will probably lose to the Steelers.

If you allow a team that runs trick plays more often and better than any other team to beat you with a 50-yard trick play, you will lose to the Steelers.

If your team and QB plays one of their worst games of the season, you will lose to the Steelers, especially in a Super Bowl.

The refs didn't do us any favors, but our offense played like dog-poop and we got beat up and bullied by the more physical team that executed better on that day. Deal with it.

I haven't even read any of the other posts in this this thread yet, and I'd just like to say................

No comment.

I still tease my Steeler friend about it,but its not as if it consumes me. Ill give her a bad time every once in a while when she mentions the game because I hate to let her get dillusional. :D

Its easy to say get over it,when you were the benefit of every questionable call.

It happens or happened,nothing will ever change it but I get the joy of knowing who the better team really was.

Steelers get trophy,Seahawks get complaining rights....even Steeler fans must consider that a fair trade. :D

I can't handle it anymore. I can't turn on local sportsradio lately without hearing some caller whining about the SuperBowl XL, like the Seahawks have a chance this week to correct a huge wrong. I have co-workers that have literally not spoken to me since that Super Bowl, that think this is our chance to get the trophy...."as long as the refs don't give this one to the Steelers too". I am going to break this down one time in terms you folks can understand.

If you are in wide open space in the end zone, and the WR puts his hand squarely on the DB's chest while making a cut, offensive pass interference will be called.

If an offensive tackle puts his hands BEHIND the DE's shoulder and corrals him, holding will be called.

If you go 4-17 on 3rd down, you will lose to the Steelers.

If a team leaves your TE wide open all day and takes away your other options, and you still can't complete any passes to said TE, you will lose to the Steelers.

If you allow an 80 yard run to Fast Willie, you will probably lose to the Steelers.

If you allow a team that runs trick plays more often and better than any other team to beat you with a 50-yard trick play, you will lose to the Steelers.

If your team and QB plays one of their worst games of the season, you will lose to the Steelers, especially in a Super Bowl.

The refs didn't do us any favors, but our offense played like dog-poop and we got beat up and bullied by the more physical team that executed better on that day. Deal with it.

Amen brotha...these Seahawk crybabys really need to move on.

I have an idea. If Seattle wins give them one of those little trophies with a gold plated plastic guy running with the ball. With a plate reading in Bold Arial Font

Seattle Seahawks

Week #5 2007 Regular Season Game Champions

Trying to equate a game 2 years later to a "see told you we were better in the superbowl" is just plain stupid, but you know darn well it will be said.

Edited by SteelerMurf

I haven't even read any of the other posts in this this thread yet, and I'd just like to say................

No comment.

9 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

7 Members: bushwacked, evil_gop_liars, Menudo, xlence, Shorttynaz, aqualung, Grimm74

:D

9 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

7 Members: bushwacked, evil_gop_liars, Menudo, xlence, Shorttynaz, aqualung, Grimm74

:D

I've now read all of the posts in the thread.

Amen brotha...these Seahawk crybabys really need to move on.

Again, if Steeler fans still make it an issue of justifying the victory at this point, how in the hell are the Hawk fans expected to be over it?

I can't believe this issue lives, but I guess it shows that the Steelers championship is certainly tainted.

Bullseye.

Edited by bushwacked

I have an idea. If Seattle wins give them one of those little trophies with a gold plated plastic guy running with the ball. With a plate reading in Bold Arial Font

Seattle Seahawks

Week #5 2007 Regular Season Game Champions

Trying to equate a game 2 years later to a "see told you we were better in the superbowl" is just plain stupid, but you know darn well it will be said.

Not by me ,even Im not that ignorant :D

Im a Seahawk fan obviously but I think the media makes more of it than the real fans,need thay hype. :D

I thought the refs did a great job in that game! I don't believe in UFO's, Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone, and Hillary Clinton would be a GREAT president. Oh, and despite the fact that my home has lead paint, lead pipes, and is located under power lines and on an Indian Burial Ground, I am perfectly sane and I have no health problems. :D

Oh and this :D

Edited by Gdawg

i am reviewing the game stats from that superbowl...not really seeing how the The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY outplayed them.

offensive plays: 77- 56. sea

TOP: 33:02 - 26:58. sea

1st downs: 20 - 14. sea

total yards: 396 - 339. sea

passing: 26/49 for 273/1/1 vs 10/22 for 166/1/2 (that includes randel el's biggin). sea

rushing: 25/147 - 33/181. pit

3rd down conversions: 5/17 - 8/15. pit

penalties: 7/10 - 3/20. pit

was a close game with an edge to sea... all of the penalities going one way changed the direction of the game as they offen negated a good play for sea.

you left out the scoring stats...