[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Winter Brews

Atlanta Cracker

Since I just tapped my first keg of Sweetwater Festive Ale I thought it would be a good idea to get some discussion going on different ones to try through the holiday season.

If you happen upon the Festive Ale you have to give it a try. I also like Sam Adams Winter Brew, as well as Anchor and Siera Nevada's that I can't remember the specific names of right now.

Jubelale from Deschutes. I drink a ton of this. (I include some with your package once I get a chance to mail it.)

Snow Plow from Widmer.

Alaskan Smoked porter.

Snow Cap form Pyramid

Wassail from Full Sail.

God I love this time of year.

Twiley...please note that this is the time of the year that you can order Snow Cap repeatedly and not get us thrown out of the brewery.

This is a good list. In about a month, there will be a holiday beer festival in Portland. A lot of breweries bring their seasonal ales. Last year, there must have been 30-40 breweries. Had to do a lot of sampling!

Jubelale was definitely one of the best. Lagunitas Brown Sugga was pretty good as well. Rogue's Santas Private Reserve was a stand out as well.

http://www.holidayale.com/

If you like a nutty taste try the Abita Pecan Harvest Ale, their October Fest Beer.

Great Lakes Winter Ale is not nutty...it's got the basic winter ale taste of honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and that ilk...

• 1 month later...
Jubelale from Deschutes. I drink a ton of this. (I include some with your package once I get a chance to mail it.)

Snow Plow from Widmer.

Alaskan Smoked porter.

Snow Cap form Pyramid

Wassail from Full Sail.

Good stuff...espeically the Jubelale...I love this beer. Also Snow Cap from Pyramid...those are my favorite Christmas beers.

Snow Plow from Widmer.

Alaskan Smoked porter.

Snow Cap form Pyramid

Wassail from Full Sail.

Just had the Snow Cap-it was awesome

Don't like the Jubeale from Deschutes-have a view of Deschutes Brewery from my house

Might be too girly for y'all but just had Henry Weinhard Belgian Style Wheat with corriander and orange-pretty good

Edited by Sugar Magnolia

I'm drinking a number of southern German Weinachtsbiers. My favorite is the Furstenberg Festbier. I'll not that none of the seasonal beers I have tasted over here have any real special flavoring to them--likely due to Germany's beer regulations (which I will add, seem at first blush like a good idea, but probably aren't).

Around the Holidays I like to do my bucket of beer day. In the morning I go to the local distributor and buy about 18 single beers. I mix it up between craft or specialty beers and ordinary run of the mill beers. Usually some stuff from Harpoon, Red Hook, some of the english ales, German Wheat Beers, maybe something from Stoudts, etc. Mix in a Busch king can, Genny cream ale, Schaffer, Piels, etc. Come home, put it all in a bucket out on the back deck with snow packed around it to keep it cool. Around 1:00 or so, go out, close my eyes, take the lid off of the bucket and pick one out. Doesn't really matter what I pick, I just tell myself to be thankful that I'm still here, have a great family, good friends and despite all of the day to day crap that piss me off, life ain't that bad. Then consume and repeat until the bucket is empty.

Thought about doing it this year with scotch.........Then thought better of it.

Perhaps this year I will list the bucket contents and my tasting notes.

Happy holidays, and enjoy your beers safely. :D

Around the Holidays I like to do my bucket of beer day. In the morning I go to the local distributor and buy about 18 single beers. I mix it up between craft or specialty beers and ordinary run of the mill beers. Usually some stuff from Harpoon, Red Hook, some of the english ales, German Wheat Beers, maybe something from Stoudts, etc. Mix in a Busch king can, Genny cream ale, Schaffer, Piels, etc. Come home, put it all in a bucket out on the back deck with snow packed around it to keep it cool. Around 1:00 or so, go out, close my eyes, take the lid off of the bucket and pick one out. Doesn't really matter what I pick, I just tell myself to be thankful that I'm still here, have a great family, good friends and despite all of the day to day crap that piss me off, life ain't that bad. Then consume and repeat until the bucket is empty.

Please do that.

Oh and cool idea. :D

:D

You can drink 18 beers?