[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pittsburgh loses to the JETS?

Donutrun Jellies

Should the fact that Pitt has lost to Arizona, Denver, and the Jest alarm the Steeler faithful? :D

It does. It is really strange but at times this offensive line looks like the worst in football. Today was one of those times. Yes I am concerned but truth be told they have already exceeded my expectations for the year. I expected one more win than they have right now but I was on record thinking that they could have come away with as little as five wins. This team needs some work but at times this team looks like one of the best out there this year. You just never know what version you are going to get.

Oh and all kidding aside, the Jets played a hell of game. :D

do we know if menudo is alright?

Who knows...he's probably still looking for seahawk fans to bash...going on and on about how great the Steelers are... and not paying any attention to his Steelers...WHO LOST TO THE J *E*T*S, JETS, JETS, JETS today. I wish I could brag about my Hawks...hey wait...we did play a pretty solid game today... I love my HAWKS!! :D

If I were a Steeler fan, I would not get too down over this loss. Forgeting the Pats game (because they kick the bejezuz out of everyone) the Jets have been in every game they played this year. They were always unable to finish, and lost. Not saying they are a good team, but not as bad as most make them out to be. With 4 minutes to go in every game this year, they were either in the lead or within a score with possession. They have just consistantly come up short with that one play that could turn a loss into a win. A dropped pass, a missed tackle, just a handful of plays has made them a 2 win team instead of a 5 win team. Additionally, and surprisingly, the loss of Vilma and the benching of Pennigton has made the team better than it was in week 1. Harris>Vilma in a 3-4 D, and Clemens>Pennington because of the simple fact that DB's have to respect the deep ball, making it tougher to stuff the run.

I don't think the Steelers can make a legit run unless that O line improves though.... the Jets have no pass rush, but today they did. The backbone of the Steelers offense has always been a dominating physical offensive line, but this group doesn't even pass protect very well. When a team can't run block effectively against a weak run D like the Jets, that is reason for concern. Giving up 6 sacks is :D Pitt is a playoff caliber team that had a let down game against what everyone thought was a putrid team. The Jets are better than their record would indicate, but no doubt, the Steelers have serious O line problems.

This loss will just make the victory over New England all the sweeter. :D

Okay, that looks even stoooopider in type than it did rattling around in my head. Nope, that loss just sucks. And the Pats will kill Pittsburgh.

Dang. :D Still, I'm wearing a Steeeeeeler tie to work today -- "in good times and in bad", you know ... :wacko:

Over rated

Well, that depends on where you rate them. They are a good football team this year, but, they are wildly inconsistent. 6 of their 7 wins were easy ones, where they had the game well in-hand by the end of the 3rd quarter. However, one thing has been hidden and I've mentioned it several times prior to this Jets game. Their offensive line is terrible. What used to be a constant strength is now a clear weakness. Roethlisberger and to a lesser extent Parker have made them look better than they are all season. Roethlisberger has constant pressure on him, but, he is very difficult to bring down, and he is also very mobile. He escapes the pressure often and makes plays. Yesterday, the Jets were able to bring him down more than other teams have been able to. The Jets should have had more sacks than they did, but, Ben scrambled out a few times. As for Parker, though his rushing yards on the season are good, it is rarely due to the O-line opening up big holes for him. His carries are usually.....2, 1, 3, 2, 1, 45, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 1, 3, 2, 28. On the ones he has broken loose on, it is usually because he bounces away from a clogged hole. In a word, this offensive line is terrible right now, and it will be the demise of this team. They have a very good QB, a good RB, great receiving weapons, and a very good defense.

Hats off to the Jets though, they were able to out-physical the Steelers yesterday, and they deserved that win. Thomas Jones was the first person to rush for 100+ on the Steelers in a long, long time, so, that says a lot in itself. The Jets are better than their record shows, as they have lost a lot of close games, but, this Steeler team has no business losing to the Jets at this point. They better get it turned around soon, as the stretch run is here.

As for their rating, I heard media members talking about them being up with the Patriots. Chris Carter even picked them to win the Super Bowl. I'm not saying they can't get it together, and anything is possible, but, to put them in that group at this point simply means that you haven't REALLY been watching their games. So, yes, in regards to what I've heard from the media, I would agree that they are over-rated. To be clear, if you search my messages, I'm not just saying this after the Jets loss, I've been skeptical of this team despite their record.