[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fellow Boys Fans, I hurtin right now

Cowboyz1

Saw the NFL Network coverage of the Wade Phillips press conference after the game and he honestly looked like a coach that is begging to be fired this off-season. I would prefer Jerry Jones keeps him around another season , but from another perspective Wade is not the coach the Dallas Cowboys can expect to prepare a team for success.

Where would this team be if the Tuna hung around

Cowboys have been a wade phillips kinda of team since 1996, pretty much the average kind of nfl team as far as that goes. Hell if it wasn't for fantasy football I would be way over this crap by now. I think I may be too old for this stupid sh-it and might have just realized it!

Edited by Retrograde assault

Noted, thanks for setting me straight. Sometimes we need a reminder that a Cowboy loss only deserves a dog kick or two.

You hit the start T. Choice thing. Why not just shoot for not being as annoying as Menyoudo?

Baby steps.

Edited by bushwacked

Can't help but to think back to Feb of 2007 when Phillips and Turner were hired by Dallas and SD.

Is either team in a better place today then it was in 2007? No way. Shows the importance of choosing the correct coach.

And I'm sorry, but in 15 years, Jerry Jones will be today's Al Davis, looking all disheveled and rambling at press conferences, so you really don't have much to look forward to.

Edited by charty

This Cowboys team couldn't function with a Parcells-type coach. There's too many prima donnas who only care about their own welfare.

Sad but true. Dallas needs that blend of a coach that is not a players coach but ends up being one without trying . Cowher is a good example of what I am talking about but he would never come to Dallas IMO because he isnt about money. I assume Garret is heir to the "Throne" . My biggest problem with Dallas is they lack guts. People kill TO for his sideline rants but IMO it shows some passion . Yesterdays loss was a gut wrenching loss. They had a very good steelers team in their house backed up against the wall and they laid down.

Who knows what the Eagles will do from here on out, but the Eagles did exactly what they needed to do today in a very tough spot to keep their season alive. :D

The Cowboys came close, but the NFC East and wildcards just got a lot more interesting.

If by interesting you mean clinched by The NY Football Giants, then I agree wholeheartedly with you ! :wacko:

:D Romo choking in Dec, what else is new.... Nothing to see here folks, move along. :D

And like many others have already said, it could be worse, it least we are not KC, Oakland, Denver, or Philly fans :wacko:

Edited by JoJoTheWebToedBoy

Is that the same "passion" that has him tossing Romo under the bus with quotes like "All I can do is run my routes, It's [Romo's] job to go out there and assess what the defense is, and he made that decision."?

I will admit I dont like that. But if the coach wont stick his foot up somebodys ass I am glad someone is

With my phone waterlogged after a dip into a Maryland bar toilet, I decided to bring the laptop along for my pre-MNF drink-fest at a local watering hole.

I'm sittin' here at this bar in Austin (which has a great number of Cowboy fans, only 3.5 hours south of DallASS) and MNF pregame is on, and they're breaking down the Cowboy/Steeler game.

They show a clip of Witten running a bad route and Romo throwing a crappy pass. Some dude sitting behind me, at the extreme top of his lungs, shouts "THEN DON'T THROW THE DAMN BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'. :wacko:

I felt like turning around and saying "you know this is a clip from yesterday", but feared that his redneck ass would pound me. The dudes sitting next to me were like :D and said "check please".

:D Cowboy fans are just as rabid as any others. OK, maybe those loons from Philly have a little edge. :D

E2A: Oh, and this clown :D that's at this table next to me was talkin to his boys about his fantasy league... apparently he has Steve Smith and needs 23 points in a graduated scoring league.... he is all pissed off, thinkin there's no way he can win. I remind him that Smith owns the Bucs and could go for 100+ and a score with ease. He looks at me like I don't know what the F I'm talking about. Now, I'm nowhere near an expert but I wanted to drop some knowledge on him but he is one of those "I'm right, you're wrong" guys... F it, just give me another Blue Moon. :D

Edited by darin3

Cowboys have been a wade phillips kinda of team since 1996, pretty much the average kind of nfl team as far as that goes. Hell if it wasn't for fantasy football I would be way over this crap by now. I think I may be too old for this stupid sh-it and might have just realized it!

Parcells built this team and you're watching Wade run it into the ground.

What color is the sky of the planet you live on? Silver?

Parcells built this team and you're watching Wade run it into the ground.

What color is the sky of the planet you live on? Silver?

I think he means a team that needs a soft coach because of their fragile egos