[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pro Bowl Rosters

THE SIX KINGS

BTW, it's stupid this is already released - voting was done with a quarter of the season or so still to go....makes the pro bowl that much more laughable.

My thoughts too. I thought at first this was gonna be SIX KINGS' Pro Bowl predictions 'til I remembered that they are done ridiculously early. :wacko:

No Jason Hanson, no Megatron. Predictable, but still disappointing. Agree on CJ, but not terrible. At least he's beaten by guys really deserving

Portis over Forte or Westbrook? Considering the voting, it's understandable

Good to see Cortland Finnegan on there.

Peace

policy

Matt Cassel & Chad Pennington would have been a better selections than Favre.

+ 1,000,000

I think Slaton deserved a spot over Ronnie Brown.

Agreed - I know I'm a homer, but Slaton is just the little RB that could. He's perfect for the zone-blocking schemes.

Yep Abraham deserved to be on there for sure.

OMG, it's not just the sacks, it's that they come in the best times. Atlanta probably loses the game against TB this weekend was it not for Abraham's timely 3rd down sack in OT.

And I don't think either Gates or Wayne are deserving.

How the heck did Rivers not make the pro bowl ?

Agreed. Other than injury, how many times does the league leader in TDs and QB rating fail to make the Pro Bowl?

He has the NFLs best passer rating, most TDs, highest yards/completion average, best TD/int ratio, and he's 5th in yards/game. What exactly is he supposed to do?

Only reason has to be because of the record.

With one certain official's correct call, both the Chargers and the Broncos would be 7-7 (with the Chargers having a better division record currently). Only mentioned this game because Cutler made it and Rivers did not. And the one that's played better did not make it.

Edited by Riffraff

How the heck did Rivers not make the pro bowl ?

Agreed. Other than injury, how many times does the league leader in TDs and QB rating fail to make the Pro Bowl?

Only reason has to be because of the record.

With one certain official's correct call, both the Chargers and the Broncos would be 7-7 (with the Chargers having a better division record currently).

Or maybe because it's like every other sport's all-star game and it's not based on what it "should" be?

We can sit here and pontificate about who got slighted until we're blue in the face, but what is that going to do? Nothing.

Or maybe because it's like every other sport's all-star game and it's not based on what it "should" be?

We can sit here and pontificate about who got slighted until we're blue in the face, but what is that going to do? Nothing.

But that's the only thing the Pro Bowl is good for these days. :wacko:

AP - 1690 Total Yards, 9 TDs, 19 receptions

Westbrook - 1160 Total Yards, 14 TDs, 46 receptions

Westbrook pretty much missed 3 games as well.

Sure they have different roles in their offenses, and inury has to be taken into consideration for the Pro Bowl... but Westbrook's numbers are worth a ProBowl spot imo.

I guess there has to be a few odd men out every year though. :wacko:

Yeah - I am not disagreeing that he should have made the probowl, but I diagree that he should be the starter ahead of Peterson.

:wacko:

NFC sack leaders...

Ware 19.0

Abraham 15.5

Allen 14.5

Peppers 12.5

Tuck 12.0

I know Abraham's not an every down DE but come on.

Come on what? you answered your own question, the other three play every down and do it well. Sacks alone don't make you a Pro-Bowl DE.

Glad to see Nick Collins get the nod at FS. :wacko:

He's fallen apart (along with the rest of the team) over the last month.

I would've liked to see Jennings, but I can argue with Boldin, Fitz, White, or Smith.

I also thought Rodgers had a shot, but Brees and Warner were locks, and Eli is playing well for the BEST team in the NFC, as opposed to playing well for an also-ran.

Come on what? you answered your own question, the other three play every down and do it well. Sacks alone don't make you a Pro-Bowl DE.

That's fine but it's also an argument FOR Abraham... he plays less yet still leads ALL DEs in sacks.

Look, I agree with knocks on Abraham but isn't kind of the main purpose of being a DE is to sack the QB? There's not too many DEs that are taken high in the draft because they're stout run stoppers. Example, the Vikes didn't trade a first rounder and 2 third round picks to the Chiefs so Jared Allen could help MIN stop opposing RBs. They already had two Pro Bowlers playing to his left for that. Moreso than maybe any other position, offense or defense, DEs are measured by one single stat... how well they get after the QB.

QBs... rating, yards, W/Ls, TDs, INTs

WRs... catches, yards, TDs, drops, 1st downs.

RBs... yards, recs, TDs, ypc, fumbles.

LBs... tackles, TFL, fumbles, sacks, passes defended

etc etc

DEs... if you're not sacking the QB, you're not having a good season. For example, I'm sure the stats Peppers posted in 2003 and 2007 didn't represent his entire season. He's the type of player that even in a 'bad' season he makes a real impact on D. In 2007, he forced as many fumbles, defended 1 less pass, and posted only 18 less tackles than he did in 2006, an All Pro season. 2003 and 2006 weren't Pro Bowl worthy seasons for Peppers mainly because he didn't get after the QB as well as other seasons.

Edited by kingfish247

Romo missed three full games and still leads Manning in almost every area. Manning has more wins but so would Romo if he played those three games.

Romo

Yards – 3013

TD’s – 24

Int – 11

Rating – 98.3

E. Manning

Yards – 2938

TD’s – 20

Int – 10

Rating – 86.4

Eli Manning, New York Giants - I guess the super bowl still casts its shadow.

Brett Favre???? what a joke. He is 12th in yards, 8th in TDs and #1 in interceptions. This is an insult to all QBs

Ronnie Brown, Miami - This has to be a joke. Has to be. he is 17th in rushing yards. He had one game all year. That is it.

It's like Sly said, "It's afamily afair". The NFL would love to see and Eli vs Peyton SB too. Maybe even this year. I'd actually give the nosd to Matt Ryan, but he'll get his chances starting next year. The next STUD QB.

Yep, Rivers should have got the nod by a country mile over Favre. Voters are still swinging on Favre's nutsack I see.

Slaton or even MJD deserved it over Ronnie.

No kidding. I'm a Portis fan, but Westbrook should have been 1st string over AP. Very disappointing.

Glad Nnamdi finally gets his national recognition though! :wacko:

What about DeAngelo Williams??

4 D. Williams RB, CAR Rushing - 224 1229 5.5 87.8 69 14 Receiving - 22 121 5.5 25 2

1,350 yds from scrimmage, 5.5 apc and a league leading 16 TDs....

Look at his stats since the Cardinals game and he has been amazing, yet gets hardly a mention for Pro Bowl consideration.

Calvin Johnson should have made the team.

He is a terrific WR, but who would you bump to put him on the team?

Boldin, Fitz, White and Steve Smith have been equally if not more impressive. Throw in Greg Jennings and it is simply a crowded field with only 4 guys making the team.