[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Titans claim Moss!

CaptainHook

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All this does is open things up for guys like Bo Scaife, Damian Williams... And CJ probably gets a bump too. He won't know the playbook... Plus you gotta wonder how much he cares anymore.

If he didn't care, he wouldn't be playing. The guy wants a contract next year, so he'll be very focused on proving his worth. Part of his issue with Minny was that they weren't letting him do that.

If he didn't care, he wouldn't be playing. The guy wants a contract next year, so he'll be very focused on proving his worth. Part of his issue with Minny was that they weren't letting him do that.

I only lost one stupid job in my life, cutting a large lawn for these cheapskates that didn't want to pay me cash...but it was a serious bit of humble pie.

Getting "cut"...hey maybe this pisses Moss off a bit...hopefully in a good way.

Edited by The Waterboy

Actually not worried about that at all. Moss isn't very good anymore, and Vince has never been very accurate.

What's a guy gotta do? Lead the league in passer rating? Sheesh.

TEN is 30th in pass attempts. If anything there's nothing to worry about because they probably just won't throw to him very much.

WOW. I never thought they'd pick him up. I don't think it's a bad move, especially with Britt hurt for a while. The only thing I'm worried about is him giving up on plays like he's done in the past. Although if he does that Fisher will just pull him out, so we should be good.

Edit:

What's a guy gotta do? Lead the league in passer rating? Sheesh.

He's actually doing that right now. :wacko:

Edited by TitansFan

VY wasn't a head case like a problem-child, though, right? I always though it was more like depression and lack of confidence. Is that not correct?

No, not a problem child, but if he has issues with confidence then things for Tennessee and Young could turn South & stay that way very quickly if Moss continues to act up.

Great news for young players like Britt. Now they will have an older player to look up to. One that can keep them from getting into trouble. :wacko:

I've always liked Randy and have defended him 98% of the time. But he isn't the same player and he has some major issues.

Fisher is a player's coach so i think this will work. Plus Young likes to scramble and throw it deep . And when Young gets hurt again, Collins will come right in and find him for some deep passes

Nothing to do with the thread......we gotta make these avatars bigger :wacko:

Great news for young players like Britt. Now they will have an older player to look up to. One that can keep them from getting into trouble. :wacko:

I've always liked Randy and have defended him 98% of the time. But he isn't the same player and he has some major issues.

+1

I like many other Vikes rubes were happy he returned but his actions here were outright douch'ish....I won't defend Chilly but finding some more facts out to go with that joke of a press conference I'm not upset they released him.

Since Fischer is more personable than Chilly it will just take a bit longer for the marriage to wear off.

And when he screws up...I will be ready to :tup: at him...It may not be this year but the guy isn't stable. Is there PTSD for football? He has it...

He's actually doing that right now. :wacko:

Exactly.

He's no elite QB and I certainly wouldn't want him throwing it 30+ every game but he has a better TD:INT ratio than Rivers, Brady, Romo, Brees, Ryan, and Schaub. But all he does is dink and dunk...well, he has a better Y/A than all those listed except for Rivers.

Even if you buy into the line that Young is not an accurate QB or will never be accurate or is generally a crappy QB (and always will be)...Moss has a track record of making a lot of pretty crappy QBs look pretty good. Young certainly has never had a WR of Moss' caliber (even 33 yo Moss).

Maybe the whole thing implodes. Maybe Young is, and will forever be, a crappy QB. But if you plug both of these guys into the game, all else being equal, Moss isn't likely to be a big factor himself (ie. he won't be a stat machine but his presence will benefit guys around him) because TEN doesn't pass as much as other teams.

VY wasn't a head case like a problem-child, though, right? I always though it was more like depression and lack of confidence. Is that not correct?
But Moss is like that kid in class that all the classmates love but the teacher hates because he's sneaky subversive. I think someone who's lacking in confidence would be most in danger of getting sucked into the Moss vortex.

I don't think they will mind as much when Sidney Rice suits up.

I'd take Sidney Rice's production and talent all day over Moss's. Moss creates no separation. He is a one dimensional player. Excels at the jump ball situation and that's it. As a Viking owner, I'm relieved. Now, if we can just get rid of that guy that wears #4 :wacko:

Had the list been released of how many teams claimed him? Since he got to TN, that means at least 20 or 21 teams passe3d on him. Would be interesting to see if anyone missed out on him after TN got him.

I think its becasue if he passes waivers then Minny would of been on the hook for his salary. Now Tenn. has to comply to the contract that Minny drew up and accepted.

Correct on TEN accepting the contract, but it was the Patriots that drew up the contract, which the Vikings assumed upon the trade.

I'd take Sidney Rice's production and talent all day over Moss's. Moss creates no separation. He is a one dimensional player. Excels at the jump ball situation and that's it. As a Viking owner, I'm relieved. Now, if we can just get rid of that guy that wears #4 :wacko:

May I ask you why you as an owner haven't fired Chilly yet? What do you see in that guy?