[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oh No! I missed it!

BeachBum

I've been trying to think about how to compose my "This is my 5,000 post" post, and accidently answered the dumb thread about playoff tiebreakers, so I've missed it!

Anyway, seems fitting that in this, my worst year of FF, I would also screw up the memorable post too!

Last in USDA, falling out of contention in 32 Homers, lost doubleheader in Rage, just got kicked off the Island in Heffa Survivors Leagie, and am suffering big losses in points in my local league. Oh I did get 5th seed in playoffs in HOT (that's us "Old Timers"), but have been steadily falling there too.

Anyway, just wanted to thank all you young folks for keeping me entertained in my waning years! I used to keep up pretty well - in FF - but now it's all about voyeurism: watching all of you with your WDIS, "my team is better than yours", and "is this trade OK?", "our coach ought to be fired", and "damn the Huddle, I played who they said and still lost!"

Thanks to David and bye bye and all the fine writers they've added to the site over the years. It's been a fun ride, met some good people. learned some stuff, shared some stuff, and laughed a lot.

Not sure I'll make it to 10,000 but if so, I promise a better post!

I ain't going nowhere gor a while!

Love,

BeachBum

Congrats on the 5K old buddy! I have had the pleasure of meeting the Bum and all I can say is Beach is a great guy. Him and I got our asses kicked, I think me more than he, at a golf course on my side of the world while he was visiting relatives over this way. I had a great time and would meet up with Beach anytime.