[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Commissioner in need of some advice

mmevans217

I'd lock the 2-9 team right now. Trading players for actual cash is collusion.

I'd reach out to the 6-5 team, giving him one last chance to apologize for what he's done and move on. Allow him to get his players back (if they've already been scooped up by other teams) and tell him this is his last chance. His childish acts will result in being locked and his money returned (and not invited back) if he doesn't buck up.

• Like 1

Being a woman in this league or in the world of FF, hasn't been easy, and now being handed commissioner isn't helping, but I know that I have to stand my ground. I am friends with both of these owners, but I wouldn't have issues removing them from the league. While they are nice guys outside of FF, they have caused problems before when they didn't get their way or had a losing season.

Neither are in my division so there is no issue there as far as using commissioner priviliges to run their teams.

The rules have been the same for the 10 years that this league has been around. Both owners are long time participants in this league. It has always been fun and competitive, but it's more of a pain than anything. We also have some new owners this year, and I hate that they are being introduced to fantasy football this way.

Darin,

The 6-5 player has his roster back now... made some folks mad that had picked his players up, but they knew what was going on and understood after the fact.

I also decided that I would let him set his lineup with the understanding that he is to field the best roster possible. He is not doing so and has placed every elite player on the bench and replaced them with no value players or bye week players. I don;t know if he is doing this as a joke or what, but I don't find it funny. He will be seeing a totally different lineup come Sunday...

We have 5 teams that could possibly make the playoffs besides the ones that are locked, and I think that for him to intentionally do this is just wrong and childish. His team could easily put up over 150 if he plays the right people, but the lineup he has now is projected 38.6....

Being a woman in this league or in the world of FF, hasn't been easy, and now being handed commissioner isn't helping, but I know that I have to stand my ground. I am friends with both of these owners, but I wouldn't have issues removing them from the league. While they are nice guys outside of FF, they have caused problems before when they didn't get their way or had a losing season.

Neither are in my division so there is no issue there as far as using commissioner priviliges to run their teams.

The rules have been the same for the 10 years that this league has been around. Both owners are long time participants in this league. It has always been fun and competitive, but it's more of a pain than anything. We also have some new owners this year, and I hate that they are being introduced to fantasy football this way.

It never seems to matter how long someone is in the league. All it takes is one person who thinks he can manipulate the grey areas of the rules for his own benefit. Actually had a guy try to IR a fricking Defense one year (among other crap). One of the original team owners of the league. Told him no, kicked him out, updated the rules, enjoyed the next season peacefully.

Darin,

The 6-5 player has his roster back now... made some folks mad that had picked his players up, but they knew what was going on and understood after the fact.

I also decided that I would let him set his lineup with the understanding that he is to field the best roster possible. He is not doing so and has placed every elite player on the bench and replaced them with no value players or bye week players. I don;t know if he is doing this as a joke or what, but I don't find it funny. He will be seeing a totally different lineup come Sunday...

We have 5 teams that could possibly make the playoffs besides the ones that are locked, and I think that for him to intentionally do this is just wrong and childish. His team could easily put up over 150 if he plays the right people, but the lineup he has now is projected 38.6....

Lock his roster and set it every week. If you happen to be playing him, have the assistant commish set it.

• Like 1

In our league, we vote on trades and the majority wins. His trade was Ben Tate and Alfred Morris for Jimmy Graham and Demarco Murray. The no votes came from the other owners in their divisions that did not want the other owners to have a strengthened team.

And that's why trade vetos are bullhonda.

Based on what owner #1, owner #2 did, and the above, you should all be embarrassed, quit this league right now, no playoffs, no nothing, and donate your league money to wounded warriors.

The first is collusion, period. Kicked out of the league and team is now under your control. If that hasn't happened already, what are you waiting for?

The second one. I would have done the same thing. I would be piping F'ing hot if I paid money to run a team, and other owners wouldn't let me run my team. Let them run their own. They paid their own money. If they don't like a trade I do with another owner, they had every right to make the same trade with that owner, and didn't. They're vetoing out of jealousy.

Their are no such things as trade votes in fantasy leagues. All trades are good, and the commissioner and commissioner only has the power to overrule them, if the commissioner feels collusion is at play. I would have walked away, told everybody to F off, demanded my money back, and would have been willing to fight for it. You got yourself into that mess the minute you allowed trades to be voted on, or didn't change that rule when you took over.

The first is collusion, period. Kicked out of the league and team is now under your control. If that hasn't happened already, what are you waiting for?

The second one. I would have done the same thing. I would be piping F'ing hot if I paid money to run a team, and other owners wouldn't let me run my team. Let them run their own. They paid their own money. If they don't like a trade I do with another owner, they had every right to make the same trade with that owner, and didn't. They're vetoing out of jealousy.

Their are no such things as trade votes in fantasy leagues. All trades are good, and the commissioner and commissioner only has the power to overrule them, if the commissioner feels collusion is at play. I would have walked away, told everybody to F off, demanded my money back, and would have been willing to fight for it. You got yourself into that mess the minute you allowed trades to be voted on, or didn't change that rule when you took over.

Absolutely shocking.

Again, he's been in the league a long time and knew the rules at the start of the season. He knew the consequences those rules could have. I'm not saying the rule is right (I don't agree with player trade votes), but that owner does not get to temper tantrum when he doesn't get his way. He should either accept and fight to change the rule in the offseason or not of joined the league to begin with. There is no gray area.

• Like 1

I don't think that the trade voting is right but this is how the league has been run for years. I actually voted yes to the trade. It didn't affect me either way. I can't make the playoffs like I said but I will vote no if I suspect collusion. I saw nothing wrong with the trade other than ppl not wanting to play against Jimmy Graham for a playoff spot.

I just thought the way the owner handled it by dropping his entire roster was childish. I personally would take it as a compliment if ppl thought of my original team as a threat and voted down a trade that would me my team stronger. Sure I would be upset for it getting voted down, but why go to such drastic measures?!

Is it that crazy that a woman is commish? I have played for 7 years, won 1 championship and made the playoffs all but 2 years...

This seems like a pretty cool forum. Have lots of "should I start" questions. Maybe I should have checked this place out before 2 weeks before the playoffs!

Is it that crazy that a woman is commish? I have played for 7 years, won 1 championship and made the playoffs all but 2 years...

This seems like a pretty cool forum. Have lots of "should I start" questions. Maybe I should have checked this place out before 2 weeks before the playoffs!

A lot of good people here. Most like joking and are very helpful.

Kick the two twits out...refund them their entry fees and adjust the payouts based on those refunds. If you really want to take a stand refund them a prorated amount. Tell everyone in the league you are sorry for the crap that those two have caused. Look for 2 surrogate owners to play out the string for those two teams...You might even be able to find a couple of volunteers in this thread. If you don't go the volunteer route find a way to work it out with the league on who will start who for those teams.

Edited by keggerz

I don't know how other leagues are, but with ours we have a lot of ppl that are related. This makes me think other stuff might go on that I don't know about. For example: we have father/son (separate teams); brother/sister (separate teams); husband/wife (separate teams); cousins (separate teams); uncle/nephew (separate teams), co-workers... Y'all get the picture. When I asked the league about their thoughts on the situation, it seemed like votes were favoring these relationships. We live in a small town so everyone has to see each other at some point. This is the main reason I was seeking outside advice!

I don't know how other leagues are, but with ours we have a lot of ppl that are related. This makes me think other stuff might go on that I don't know about. For example: we have father/son (separate teams); brother/sister (separate teams); husband/wife (separate teams); cousins (separate teams); uncle/nephew (separate teams), co-workers... Y'all get the picture. When I asked the league about their thoughts on the situation, it seemed like votes were favoring these relationships. We live in a small town so everyone has to see each other at some point. This is the main reason I was seeking outside advice!

My first ever league was like this. Brothers, best friends, co-workers.... but I'll tell you this... these kind of shenanigans would have NEVER happened in this league. Cut those two turds out.

What is the intent of the voting rule? Is the intent of the rule to let the majority stop one team from getting too good?

Do the right thing. Become a legitimate league. Force the trade to go through and take away owner's rights to voting on trades immediately.