[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official 2016 Free Agency Thread

bud29

From a statement Browns people gave to the media today

Sounds like the Browns are done pursuing a trade for Kaepernick (and that they never did as much as the media reported) and are looking at RG3 at this time, no signing is imminent. Also they are preparing for the season without Gordon and will deal with it if he is reinstated.

Also they do not plan to trade Joe Thomas.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/03/browns_moving_forward_on_rober.html#incart_2box

Feel like the air is being let out of the Kaepernick balloon. All of the reported suitors have refused to pay the asking price for him and on top of that Kaep still has to take a pay cut wherever he goes. I reckon he'll be a 49er next year.

They will pass because they think they have a stud in Coby Fleener. Just wait until they see "The Weiner" play!!!!

I'm seriously surprised they didn't go after Ladarius Green harder, the Steelers got him for $4MM/year and the Saints are paying Fleener 7 :weird:

• Like 1

Rueben Randle to the Eagles.

He has largely disappointed, but how the hell does Roob get $1M/yr when Sanu gets over $6M/yr?

Also...Philly looking pretty shrewd this off season.

Edited by BA Baracus

He has largely disappointed, but how the hell does Roob get $1M/yr when Sanu gets over $6M/yr?

His numbers have increased every year, but many WRs have looked good under Eli/Coughlin and then gone on to be awful with other teams - Hakeem Nicks, Mario Manningham, Steve Smith, Jeremy Shockey.... Plax too. He got a bump when he arrived in NY, and probably would have fit the same pattern if he hadn't gone straight to jail after leaving the team.

Randle's numbers will almost certainly wane under Bradford.

Edited by pun

Yes those two figures do look strange, I thought I'd look at their stats and see Sanu with some monster numbers in comparison, but not the case, in fact the opposite. Both have played 4 years, and started about the same # games, though Sanu played in 7 fewer.

Sanu 152,1793,11 (caught 61% of targets)

Randle 188,2644,20 (caught 57% of targets)

The RGIII - Josh Gordon band might be getting back together. That band might be Creed

Is that an insult? That's gotta be an insult...they were the original Nickleback

re: RGIII to Browns... unsure how that effects the draft. I'm most interested to see who picks Elliot. I'm hoping he falls to at least #10, and the more QBs that are taken early, the later Elliot is still available. This most likely takes the Browns out of the running I guess. :(

I hope his legs work because he has no one to throw to.

Suppose they could pick Treadwell :shrug:

Also: Nate Washington to the Pats, lot of average WRs on that roster now. Wonder what this means for Amendola...

Edited by pun

re: RGIII to Browns... unsure how that effects the draft. I'm most interested to see who picks Elliot. I'm hoping he falls to at least #10, and the more QBs that are taken early, the later Elliot is still available. This most likely takes the Browns out of the running I guess. :(

Suppose they could pick Treadwell :shrug:

Also: Nate Washington to the Pats, lot of average WRs on that roster now. Wonder what this means for Amendola...

Still a pretty good chance the Browns take a QB, many local reporters believe that is the plan. If you meant the Browns drafting Elliot I would be very shocked to see them use a high pick on a RB.

As for Gordon being reinstated, it seems Goodell is dragging his feet more and more, we keep hearing, maybe this week, maybe next. Sounds like we'd know by end of next week, tnen end of this week, and so on. I guess there is no timetable that needs to be followed by the big chief.

I think if Gordon gets reinstated he'll stay out of trouble, at least the first year. The bigger question may be what shape he is in, and how rusty he is (no football at all last year, and played only a few games the year before).

If you meant the Browns drafting Elliot I would be very shocked to see them use a high pick on a RB.

that is not what i meant. RG3 decreases their chances of taking a QB (even if still possible). the more QBs that are taken early, the later Elliot's available.

Edited by pun
  • Like 1