[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What do I do?

doubleD

I haved lived in MN for 27 years, all of my life. I recently moved to WI (where most of my family lives); as a football fan it is refreshing to see how everyone is behind their football team. It's so different. Even though the Vikings prospects look better, it is tempting to join the dark side since they have such a passion for their team over here. Is it even an option to betray the team you've loved for so long?

I haved lived in MN for 27 years, all of my life. I recently moved to WI (where most of my family lives); as a football fan it is refreshing to see how everyone is behind their football team. It's so different. Even though the Vikings prospects look better, it is tempting to join the dark side since they have such a passion for their team over here. Is it even an option to betray the team you've loved for so long?

862573[/snapback]

Typically, I cant abide traitors. Benedict Arnold, The Rosenbergs, Jonathan Pollard, Aldrich Ames, John Kerry. Traitors all who deserve nothing but our scorn and derision. But your case is a little different. I really cant say that I would blame you for dropping the Viqueens like a hot rock. This moribund franchise should have been moved to Los Angeles years ago. Maybe then they could find a fan or two that actually cares about the team. And maybe just maybe, they could get over their Packer Envy...

Edited by spain

The main thing about switching from the Vikings is the majority of their fans still with their family too. However, in your case, switching to the Packers will make sense since, with Favre on his last leg, Green Bay won't win another championship for another 40 years so you should feel at home.

Become a Cowboys fan.

Being a fan is like family. Once you got em, you can't just go pickin other ones.

862814[/snapback]

Yeah, but just like a family, sometimes you'd like to "trade up."

I've been a Broncos fan for almost 30 years. I'm 34. I fell in love with the team when at the age of 7, I watched them come back from 20 points down and beaqt the Colts in a snowstorm. Craig Morton was the QB. I was total diehard until Elway retired.

I'm finding it hard to like them as well as I always have. It's probably not unique to the Broncos, but I don't see guys that play out of passion like they used to. Floyd Little, Rick Upchurch, Randy Gradishaw, Rulon Jones, Mecklenberg, Steve Smith and Elway. Those guys played with all their heart.

Maybe I'm just getting old............. :D

I have no problem with people rooting for their local teams, but NEVER EVER drop your primary team! Real men don't abandon their teams.

I pull for the Panthers because I live here in Charlotte, but I will never abandon my beloved and perpetually misguided Seahawks.

Plus, it's gotta be fun being a Vikings fan in Wisconsin. Trade in your thingie with the Vikes if you make the switch.

862573[/snapback]

Good riddance. Have you ever even been to Green Bay? A main reason why they love their team so much is because there is NOTHING to do there, besides eat cheese and talk to fat women about their bratwurst eating habits. Enjoy...and realize once you turn, there is no turning back. If you were a real Vikings fan, you would have enough hatred of GB to realize that there is absolutely no way to turn to the Fudge Packers side. Not ever.

If becoming a Packer fan is something you would even remotely consider, then you were never a Vikes fan to start with.

For the love of god man, thank of what you are saying, it's the fricken Packers.....

Absolutely nothing I hate more than the holier than thou Packer fan with his special 'bond' with his team that has some kind of special connection with god.

Please....

How dare you even think of switch to the puckers. If you were going to say another team it would be one thing, but Green Bay? :D You obviously were not brought up as a Vikings fan correctly. A part of me could care less if the Vikings only won 4 games in a season as long as they beat the Packers and Bears. You would be forever labled as a traitor and would have to be stoned.

I haved lived in MN for 27 years, all of my life. I recently moved to WI (where most of my family lives)...

862573[/snapback]

I think you have to ask yourself - "Why did my family go to Wisconsin and leave me in Minnesota for 27 years?"

Stay a Vikings fan...at least until they move to Los Angeles. Then you can jump ship and put one of those stupid cheese things on your head.

in response to the thread title, the answer is kill yourself. wait, you should have already committed suicide by now, having lived in minny for 27 yrs. wisconsin is much, much, better. you should be alot happier there.

to change allegiance ever, couldn't think of it. i feel sorry for you, but i also understand. it is the vikings you are talking about.

862573[/snapback]

I think you have to ask yourself this, were you really in love with the Vikings or were they just convenient? You know thousands of guys a year leave there teams for better ones. There are alot ot perks to being a Packer fan, here are a few.

You don't have to wear purple anymore.

You can go outside without people doing these things to you :D:D

Your team has actually won a few Superbowls, it's not called the Lombardi trophy for nothing.

Edited by Adrenaline