[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

*** Official Mock 4 Signups - 10 teams **

DMD

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Good group of serious drafters...that was fast and it was fun...

If I had to rate my draft I'm not too happy with it. Didn't work out how I thought it would...probably a B-. I dont have much depth @ RB...oh well it was a good experience. I do like my TE and DEF. WR's are average just one stud and personally I'm not a Moss lover (emotional response) but that guy when he wants can play. I do like Green as my QB. He is stealthy....he's not flashy but gets the job done and Brees is a great back up if not, depending upon match ups a starter as well. But I do actually like the Mike Anderson pick at the end. With Denver you just never know.

Rate your teams!!

Edited by devilwoman

I don't play in any 10 team leagues, but interesting to draft out of the 10 hole...seeing Lewis fall to me (wouldn't matter if it was Davis/Deuce/whoever), you get a solid #1 guy, and then it's probably best to grab Moss in the 2.01 spot. I didn't.

Seeing RB's like Westbrook and S. Jackson still there at 4.01, I think the best strategy is RB-WR-RB/WR-RB/WR/TE. The K. Jones pick should have been Moss, and this team would have been a bit more powerful I would think. :D

Surprised A. Johnson slipped, that's my only saving grace.

Still, no better than a middle B for me, too many weak links, but everyone has a decent enough team in a 10 teamer, I'd bet.

Besides my own team (of course) I like the teams picked by DevilWoman and Bear.

DevilWoman picking at #8 started with Deuce, went Moss / Gates and still got S Jackson (who I really like) at the start of round 4. Ward & Stokley round out the starting WR's, T Green should be solid at QB, and Buffalo looks to be one of the top D's again.

Bear picking at #9 started by getting D Davis & Dillon at RB, then got Wayne & McNabb with his next 2. DMD will say he added RB depth too early with C Williams & Arrington but I think Mason / Moulds / Muhammad are solid at 2-3-4 WR. Especially with C Rogers at #5. Delhomme is a solid backup QB and Eric Johnson is underrated at TE. Colts / TB and Tynes / Lindell are nothing special at K / D but overall I like this team.

About what I had thought.  Thanks DMD for all your work on this.  It is appreciated, sorry about your headache...would you like a LimeHead Kitty?  :D

868729[/snapback]

ARGH

This band... singing ... deeeeevilllll wooooman...dum de dum de dum dum... :D

Mock 10 is up now

Apologies for the grading. I have a headache and nothing looks good to me right now.

868718[/snapback]

C...lowest grade of the draft...and deserved, I think. I tried two things that I normally don't do:

1. Draft Holmes

2. Go RB RB RB

Really painted myself into a corner taking 4 RBs in the first five picks. Depth is obviously good, but the rest of my roster really suffered.

Thanks DMD. If I get into another one, I'll show better, I promise.

And at least you have a reference point for what not to do. :D

C...lowest grade of the draft...and deserved, I think.  I tried two things that I normally don't do:

1.  Draft Holmes

2.  Go RB RB RB

Really painted myself into a corner taking 4 RBs in the first five picks.  Depth is obviously good, but the rest of my roster really suffered. 

Thanks DMD.  If I get into another one, I'll show better, I promise. 

And at least you have a reference point for what not to do.  :D

869612[/snapback]

That is exactly what mocks are for - to show how different teams in different slots doing different strategies works out. It's easy enough to say taking 4 RBs in your first 5 picks really hurts your other strategies, but it is a lot more helpful for others to see exactly what does transpire when you do that. I actually prefer to see what happens when someone does something different than going RB-RB-WR-WR-QB everytime.

Apologies for the grading. I have a headache and nothing looks good to me right now.

868718[/snapback]

hmmm...okay, apology almost accepted...think I did way better than my C+ but whatever...

The funny thing about this is that as soon as the draft was completed my membership kicked in and I was finally able to access the member's only section cheat sheets... :D

I noticed that in most of your writeups that when you don't like a player that's been selected you generally give a few players who you do like that you feel should have gone there...was just wondering who you would have taken instead of the 'museum' WR crew that I acquired... :D ...since a few of the players I was keying on were getting pulled out from beneath by a few picks I either went with overall value or the best positional player I could get...not sure how I could have done it any differently that would have made my team better...

hmmm...okay, apology almost accepted...think I did way better than my C+ but whatever...

The funny thing about this is that as soon as the draft was completed my membership kicked in and I was finally able to access the member's only section cheat sheets... :D

I noticed that in most of your writeups that when you don't like a player that's been selected you generally give a few players who you do like that you feel should have gone there...was just wondering who you would have taken instead of the 'museum' WR crew that I acquired...  :D ...since a few of the players I was keying on were getting pulled out from beneath by a few picks I either went with overall value or the best positional player I could get...not sure how I could have done it any differently that would have made my team better...

870173[/snapback]

I'd have to really look into it to see all the way through what other options could have been (and of course hindsight is always easier than foresight). In your case you waited on taking WR so I don't fault you for wanting guys with track records, even if they are potentially declining. In most cases, those supposed to go down often end up better than those who are supposed to go up. Plus the headache made me think it was funny that you had all old WRs with "M" names.

You didn't start WR2 until 25 WRs were already taken. If the draft order actually was perfectly correct, it means your WR1 (Wayne) is a slightly less than average WR1, you have no WR2 and start out with WR3 as your WR2.

About the only areas I saw that didn't produce as good as set of starters was taking a RB4 with your 5th pick (unless you traded him for a WR or top TE) and you waited so long on TE, PK and DEF. Granted - they are hard to get right and even when you do they are not as big a difference makers as QB, RB or WR, but it never hurts to have the best ones to lower your risk of average or worse points from those positions.

I've played in a 10 man league since 1991 and in every season, the best teams always have maybe two stars or more plus solid the rest of the starters. Your team was fine through QB, RB1, RB2, RB3 and WR1 which is important, but there are no difference makers probably on the rest.