[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Housh!

notamomo

Didn't see the game but Housh had a nice statline. Anyone think he'll put up decent numbers in Chi next week? Is he really a stud #2 for the season or just a matchup start? Trying to figure this guy out. Along with the rest of my roster...

The felinecats are growing into Tigers. Well, I'll be.... :D

Nahh, played Horn in one league and played Housh in another. At the end of last year the Cincy offense was excellent and they have continued their good play this year.

Where did you pick him? I went into the draft wanting him in the 9th round. That's where I got him.

Got him in the 9th as well. But I've been starting Branch and Coles. And have Clayton too. I can use him in a flex this week, as K. jones has a bye. (If I did that last week, I would've won.)

CHI is tough and my other receivers are there teams' # 1's. He's an intruiging start, but seems like a risk. :D

i played housh. i have him in the doh league. i also have chad on the same team. of course i started them both and lost. wasn't anything to do with them as they scored 50 pts between them. first time i have ever taken 2 wr's from the same team. coles is my other starter with my backups being travis taylor, brandon stokley and samie parker.

i think housh is going to be a good number 2 this yr. a couple of people (bunz being one of them, even though she owns him in fusion) were predicting a down yr from him. otherwise, i was set to try and get him on all my teams. i think i made the wrong choice jumping off the bandwagon.

Thanks for reminding me!!

Lost by 10 would have won by 4. I fell for the whole "J. Smith" scores all the time against Indy bologna. That was after I sat him for Housh in week one.

It's like being stabbed twice in the same spot.

:doah:

Lost by 10 would have won by 4.  I fell for the whole "J. Smith" scores all the time against Indy bologna.  That was after I sat him for Housh in week one. 

1005720[/snapback]

My bologna has a first name it's J-I-M-M-Y

My bologna has a second name it's S-M-I-T-H

:D

Raises hand - got him in the 10th - played Branch instead.

Branch got 14 plays

Housh got 10 plays (8 passes) but made more of them - almost similar pass yardage but got 1 pass TD plus the 2 rushes and 1 rush TD

I'm starting him this week @ Chi instead of Branch @ Pit.

Anyone in the same situation?

I think he's a pretty good risk. CJ and TJ have said they want to be the top WR duo in the NFL this year -- and looking at what's happening to Bruce, and Reggie Wayne, and Detroit, it could happen. Plus the Bengals are looking like they are gonna play musical third WR this year, so Palmer is still gonna have his biggest rapport with his two main guys.

Don't forget CJ and TJ were teammates at Oregon State, so they go back a ways. Of course, Chad will always be the man, and there's that risk with any No. 2 from week to week.

You don't have a lot of history to go on since Palmer "hit his stride" in the last part of last season, but it's good to remember that when Palmer started getting it, so did Housh. A lot.

Here's a couple of interesting stats from the last three weeks Palmer played before he got hurt. Sure, the first game was the Browns, but the next two defenses were pretty good, and on the road:

vs. Brownies: TJ 4/79 2 TDs

at Baltimore: TJ 10/171 1 TD

at New England: TJ 12/145 0 TDs

Here's a couple of interesting stats from the last three weeks Palmer played before he got hurt. Sure, the first game was the Browns, but the next two defenses were pretty good, and on the road:

vs. Brownies: TJ 4/79 2 TDs

at Baltimore: TJ 10/171 1 TD

at New England: TJ 12/145 0 TDs

1005911[/snapback]

Good info, I wasn’t liking the Chicago Def match up. But last years Balt&NE were much more intimidating than 2005 CHI, I may need to reconsider.

I did start Housh the first two weeks of the season and for a #3 fantasy receiver he's been great!!! But I planned on benching him this week in favor of Michael Clayton who is playing @ GB. I'll probably stick to my instinct and go w/ Clayton but those numbers are great to see. :D

I simply can't bench Jimmy Smith or Mike Clayton. That leaves Housh and Engram to fight for my #3 spot. Given the PPR, Engram is a steady contributor. But Housh is the clear home run threat. This week against the Bears, I'm just not sure what to do. Engram and the Seahawks vs. the Cardinals sounds pretty tempting.

Edited by yo mama

I expect Hous to have excellent numbers this whole year. defenses are so focused on Chad Johnson he is gonna be going 1 on 1 vs every team he plays.and I don't think many CB's(even some of the top corners in the league) can cover him 1 on 1 . he runs excellent routes and knows where the 1st down line is. I would have no problem starting Hous week in and week out.

Raises hand - got him in the 10th - played Branch instead.

Branch got 14 plays

Housh got 10 plays (8 passes) but made more of them - almost similar pass yardage but got 1 pass TD plus the 2 rushes and 1 rush TD

I'm starting him this week @ Chi instead of Branch @ Pit.

Anyone in the same situation?

1005757[/snapback]

Yes I'm also considering that move. The question is, is chicago's d for real? I know Det aint worth a flying ----. and Wash's offense is not in sync yet. Cincy will be the first real offense Chicago is playing. Branch will have his work cut out in Pitt.

Have him in 2 leagues.

Have him as no. 3 in one along with Driver and Chad Johnson. won

In another he's on my bench behind Driver and S.Smith. Still would have lost if I started him.

I've been playing him all along mainly because of lack of depth at the WR position. So far I've been pleased. He has everything you need out of a #2 WR. A pretty good QB, a nice running game, and most importantly a stud WR on the other side to draw most of the attention and coverage. Should have a nice year.