[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pittsburgh Steelers

Runner

Just an observation...

Granted Ben wasn't at the helm, but the Steelers are an average team at best. They could easily by 3-7. Without Roethlisberger, they are below average. Last year was a fluke, IMO. This year they have been extremely lucky in close games. Today, they couldn't pull it out. Wait until they play Indy or even Cincinnati again.

Horrible QB (not Roethlisberger)

No passing game

Suspect Defense, especially against the pass

Running game overrated

For Christs sake, they played the hapless Ravens, with BOLLER at QB.

I watched the game. It was sickening. Horrible play calling, horrible QB play... Not even a fun game to watch.

Get used to it Steeler fans; there's more to come.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There about 3 times better with Roeth in there. That's the problem. Maddox is a fraud - never met a football he didn't want to hold onto for days on end.

Just an observation...

Granted Ben wasn't at the helm, but the Steelers are an average team at best.  They could easily by 3-7.  Without Roethlisberger, they are below average.  Last year was a fluke, IMO.  This year they have been extremely lucky in close games.  Today, they couldn't pull it out.  Wait until they play Indy or even Cincinnati again.

Horrible QB (not Roethlisberger)

No passing game

Suspect Defense, especially against the pass

Running game overrated

For Christs sake, they played the hapless Ravens, with BOLLER at QB.

I watched the game.  It was sickening.  Horrible play calling, horrible QB play... Not even a fun game to watch. 

Get used to it Steeler fans; there's more to come.

1163397[/snapback]

Well Baltimore always plays well against Pittsburg. But that was a sickening game to watch. :D

I expect a visit from menudo here soon, and I don't think he'll be singing!  :D  His wrists may be cut too deeply to type a reply though.

1163435[/snapback]

Rovers, you are a Jets fan. Pipe down now........... :D As for this thread, it is so stupid, it doesn't even deserve a response.

Edited by Menudo

Rovers, you are a Jets fan.  Pipe down now...........  :D  As for this thread, it is so stupid, it doesn't even deserve a response.

1163456[/snapback]

Yep, go see my new Jets thread..... I'm laughin, menudo, I'm laughin!

Rovers, you are a Jets fan.  Pipe down now...........  :D  As for this thread, it is so stupid, it doesn't even deserve a response.

1163456[/snapback]

Menudo,

Seriously, do you disagree? I too, am a Steelers fan, but I'm also a realist. Their luck finally ran out today. They are obviously a much better team with Roethlisberger, but they are NOT playing good football at ALL right now.

Yep, go see my new Jets thread..... I'm laughin, menudo, I'm laughin!

1163458[/snapback]

Well, I'm obviously not happy today. :D I said I wouldn't respond to this thread, but I will anyways....

In the first half, the entire Steeler offense played VERY poorly. The running game was terrible, Maddox was awful, the O-Line was awful, and the defense was having the ball moved on them.

In the 2nd half, the defense was phenomenal, the running game actually got it going a bit. However, other than one solid drive, the offense, the pass blocking, and ESPECIALLy Tommy Maddox were absolutely dreadful. Maddox numbers might not look terrible, but, trust me, he was. Holding the ball too long, mis-managing the clock, missing wide open receivers. It was painful. To the Ravens credit, they once again played well. They stacked the line and blitzed to dare Maddox to throw, which was absolutely the right thing to do. Props to the Ravens. This is a tough loss to take, but good teams do sometime lose to struggling teams. This is the NFL.

As for the comments that the defense and running game are over-rated based on this one game :D

As for the Steeler fans gettting used to our sudden demise :D

Menudo,

Seriously, do you disagree?  I too, am a Steelers fan, but I'm also a realist.  Their luck finally ran out today.  They are obviously a much better team with Roethlisberger, but they are NOT playing good football at ALL right now.

1163464[/snapback]

Absolutely I disagree with some of your statements. Roethlisberger means a huge deal to this team, despite what some morans will try to say. Teams simply put 9 in the box and dare the Steelers to pass when Maddox is in there. I don't blame the defenses and Maddox can't beat them. They simply cannot due this when Roethlisberger is in there because of his mobility and ability to make plays.

The running game is doing fairly well, considering how much teams are stuffing the line with Ben out. The defense actually played an unbelievable 2nd half. They shut the Ravens down completely, despite the offense giving them excellent field position time and time again.

I certainly agree this was a poor game, but no way am I about to jump ship due to one game, when they were without Roethlisberger, Marvel Smith, and James Farrior (Not excuses, just pointing out the injuries). They are still 7-3, and will probably be tied for 1st still after this week. Also, to say they were luck last year, give me a break. You can't be lucky for 15 weeks in the NFL, it doesn't work that way. It all evens out, and the cream rises to the top. It was a rough day for the Steelers, but no way I'm throwing in the towel on this team. They will be fine.

Menudo,

Seriously, do you disagree?  I too, am a Steelers fan, but I'm also a realist.  Their luck finally ran out today.  They are obviously a much better team with Roethlisberger, but they are NOT playing good football at ALL right now.

1163464[/snapback]

Please explain their "Luck" to me ? What "luck" are you referring to. Most games in the NFL are close, good teams are the teams that win the close ones. Why do you keep referring to "Luck" ? :D

I certainly don't think they are a true superbowl contender at this point. But then again I'm biased b/c I hate the Steelers more than any other team. There good for sure but not a legit contender IMO. It was good to see them lose this week. Won't have to listen to all my blind homer Pittsburgh friends tell me how great they are at least for another week :D

You'd have to think that this only goes to show how important Big Ben is to the Steelers.

1163497[/snapback]

It does, but those morans who have been trying to tell me that it doesn't matter who QB's the Steelers won't admit it. He is VERY important to this team's success. The Ravens were putting 9 people up front and daring Maddox to try to beat them, and he couldn't. They wouldn't use that same strategy with Ben in there.

It was a terrible game this week for the Steelers. Maddox just flat out stinks. Most people will just see it as a 7-2 team losing to a 2-7 team. The fact that it was rivalry game makes the records meaningless. It was the Steelers vs Ravens and the Ravens were the better team today.

Congrats to the Ravens.

Oh yeah ... How crazy was that INT that deflected off of Ward's foot.

Last week on this message board I proclaimed they were a mediocre team. While, I was being a little fecetious, I really don't disagree with the claim they are overated. I don't think their defense is suspect however I do think there are more than 3 teams better than the Steelers. I don't think this team really "scares" anybody, even with Roethlisberger as the starter.

You'd have to think that this only goes to show how important Big Ben is to the Steelers.

1163497[/snapback]

It's funny what a 3rd string quarterback will do to you .. Still, this was a game pittsburgh should have won on the strength of the defense alone ... couldn't get it done. DANG!! :D

How can you say the Steelers are overrated? I am HAPPIER than a pig in crap that they actually won two outta three games without Roethlisberger.........

Maddox really needs to find a new job, because he is a HORRIBLE QB and DEFINITELY should not be in the NFL.

We will get to see how good the steelers really are when they whip the crap outta Indy for their first loss of the season!

GOOOOOO STILLERS!!!!

Edited by jake_the_builder@hotmail.com

Please explain their "Luck" to me ?  What "luck" are you referring to.  Most games in the NFL are close, good teams are the teams that win the close ones.  Why do you keep referring to "Luck" ?    :D

1163483[/snapback]

Perhaps I'm being a little too critical, but the Steelers always play at a level comparable to their opponent. In my opinion, they have gotten lucky on last minute field goals to win games. You may argue that it is a sign of a good team to win close games. While I agree to an extent, the Steelers seem to always be in that predicament. With the exception of the first two games of the year, they have been mediocre.

Other than Ward and maybe Parker, they have no other playmakers on offense (not including Ben). They need another WR to compliment Ward, and I don't believe that they are utilizing Parker the way the should. I mean, how many freakin' screen passes do they do? Maybe NONE. They have become very predictable on offense.

Their defense is suspect. Just look at the 3rd down completion rate against them. Their pass defense is average; they give up too many big plays.

You have to admit that many of the games they have played and won could have easily gone the other way. They've been lucky (or "good enough") to win those games.

I just can't put them in the upper echelon of teams in the league right now. It has become very evident of exactly how important Roethlisberger is to this team. Without him, they are BELOW average. With him, it's a different story. I just don't think they have the playmakers that would make them a real good team.

I blame Cowher as well. He has proven that he hasn't had his team prepared in playoff games, and his overall game plan is suspect. Nobody draws attention to it because they seem to always squeak out wins when they should win big. I just think their luck is about to change. Just pray Roethlisberger comes back, and they start mixing their playcalling up or they are in for some heartache.

I hope I'm wrong, but I've watched every game this year (as you have had) and this is the conclusion I have drawn.

Absolutely I disagree with some of your statements.  Roethlisberger means a huge deal to this team, despite what some morans will try to say.  Teams simply put 9 in the box and dare the Steelers to pass when Maddox is in there.  I don't blame the defenses and Maddox can't beat them.  They simply cannot due this when Roethlisberger is in there because of his mobility and ability to make plays.

The running game is doing fairly well, considering how much teams are stuffing the line with Ben out.  The defense actually played an unbelievable 2nd half.  They shut the Ravens down completely, despite the offense giving them excellent field position time and time again.

I certainly agree this was a poor game, but no way am I about to jump ship due to one game, when they were without Roethlisberger, Marvel Smith, and James Farrior  (Not excuses, just pointing out the injuries).  They are still 7-3, and will probably be tied for 1st still after this week.  Also, to say they were luck last year, give me a break.  You can't be lucky for 15 weeks in the NFL, it doesn't work that way.  It all evens out, and the cream rises to the top.  It was a rough day for the Steelers, but no way I'm throwing in the towel on this team.  They will be fine.

1163479[/snapback]

Oh, so two injuries are a reason, but 11 on IR for the Jets including 8 starters isn't? Menudo, yer funny! They lost to a bad team that hasn't been able to run on anyone till today! :violin:

Oh, so two injuries are a reason, but 11 on IR for the Jets including 8 starters isn't? Menudo, yer funny! They lost to a bad team that hasn't been able to run on anyone till today!  :violin:

1163592[/snapback]

What do the Jets have to do with anything in this discussion ? :D I didn't use the injured players as an excuse, I just simply stated that two of their better players weren't playing. The Ravens were without two of their best players as well.

What do the Jets have to do with anything in this discussion ?  :D  I didn't use the injured players as an excuse, I just simply stated that two of their better players weren't playing.  The Ravens were without two of their best players as well.

1163602[/snapback]

It is a reference to my Jets thread.... and your reply to my explanation of how injuries have impacted the Jets. Did you already forget, or are you like, drunk er sumpthin?