[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RIP Yankees

Sleeping King

How bout those Mariners!

They've been unbelieveable! Thank goodness we play them again this way we can beat them and will know for sure we can pass them in the WC and not have to depend on other teams. :D

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say Uncle Irish! Say it!

What brutal game last night!! I came home to find it just starting after a 4 hr delay and stay up to watch it. The game gets to the last inning and Direct TV cuts it off at 1:00!! I wouldn't have liked the ending anyway!

They've been unbelieveable! Thank goodness we play them again this way we can beat them and will know for sure we can pass them in the WC and not have to depend on other teams. :D

The Yanks might be trying to catch the Angels for the WC before it is all said and done.

The Yanks might be trying to catch the Angels for the WC before it is all said and done.

I'm pretty sure you meant to say the Angels might be trying to catch the Yankees before it is all said and done.

What happened? I thought all you Yankee fans would be here at least till the end of August. Boston has not even come into town to mop the floor with that sorry ass pitching staff. Come on don't close your eyes yet, it is about to get to the fun part. :D

Just like they did last year ...what was it 5 or 6 in a row?

What happened? I thought all you Yankee fans would be here at least till the end of August. Boston has not even come into town to mop the floor with that sorry ass pitching staff. Come on don't close your eyes yet, it is about to get to the fun part. :D

Still here. The Boston series is going to be a big challenge but if they want to make a move here's the opportunity. I still hold out hope and am hiding no where regardless of what happens. A true fan through and through. Hell sleeping king's probably one of those front running fans that hopped on the bandwagon when they finally one after getting a beat down for years. :D

At this point Mussina shouldnt even have a spot in the rotation

Agreed. He's finished. I hope they get rid of him.

Still here. The Boston series is going to be a big challenge but if they want to make a move here's the opportunity. I still hold out hope and am hiding no where regardless of what happens. A true fan through and through. Hell sleeping king's probably one of those front running fans that hopped on the bandwagon when they finally one after getting a beat down for years. :D

Agreed. He's finished. I hope they get rid of him.

Ha trust me I have seen plenty of bad Sox, Pats, C's, and B's games which is why the smile is rather large right now. :D

Still here. The Boston series is going to be a big challenge but if they want to make a move here's the opportunity. I still hold out hope and am hiding no where regardless of what happens. A true fan through and through. Hell sleeping king's probably one of those front running fans that hopped on the bandwagon when they finally one after getting a beat down for years. :D Agreed. He's finished. I hope they get rid of him.

Dude - just stop it. You live in New Jersey, are a Yankees fan, a Dallas Cowboys fan -despite having never lived there- and a Notre Dame fan yet you've never stepped foot into Indiana.

You know bandwagons pretty well it seems. :D

Dude - just stop it. You live in New Jersey, are a Yankees fan, a Dallas Cowboys fan -despite having never lived there- and a Notre Dame fan yet you've never stepped foot into Indiana.

You know bandwagons pretty well it seems. :D

First of all I am, always have been and always will be a Yankee fan as I was born into it. Same deal with being a Cowboy fan. The Irish logo and name are there because I am just that... Irish. I only care about College football because it is football and their players feed into the NFL. Otherwise I'm not a fan. All good? :D

As long as I live I'll never understand this arguement.

i agree ...rooting for a team is not necessrily tied into the zip code

Thank You fellas, it is a retarded argument. But Pope tried. :D

By the way that's one VS Big Bad Boston. Next... :D

Thank You fellas, it is a retarded argument. But Pope tried. :D

By the way that's one VS Big Bad Boston. Next... :D

Post this poll then bunky: Is it cheesy to be a fan of each sports team that has the most title in each sport, despite having no real ties to the team, OR is it not cheesy to root for each team that has more championships in each particular sport because you want to root for a winner.

If polls couldn't be thrown, I'd bet money that CHEESY wins. Keep in mind I'm not pointing out one team, but rather that you are a fan of each team with the most wins, for no good reason other than they have the most wins. If you want to harp on my geography statement as a way to dodge, go right ahead.

Post this poll then bunky: Is it cheesy to be a fan of each sports team that has the most title in each sport, despite having no real ties to the team, OR is it not cheesy to root for each team that has more championships in each particular sport because you want to root for a winner.

If polls couldn't be thrown, I'd bet money that CHEESY wins. Keep in mind I'm not pointing out one team, but rather that you are a fan of each team with the most wins, for no good reason other than they have the most wins. If you want to harp on my geography statement as a way to dodge, go right ahead.

No, I want to harp on the fact that the moment my bare ass entered this world I assumed the role of rooting for these teams as I was raised as a fan for these teams because of my family. I didn't look to see who won the most and say I want to be a front-runer and root for them cause they've won the most. That's where your point goes bust. If you or anyone else thinks that's cheesy, fine. I am what I am and will ride the roller coaster of success and failure all fans do when supporting their teams. :D

No, I want to harp on the fact that the moment my bare ass entered this world I assumed the role of rooting for these teams as I was raised as a fan for these teams because of my family. I didn't look to see who won the most and say I want to be a front-runer and root for them cause they've won the most. That's where your point goes bust. If you or anyone else thinks that's cheesy, fine. I am what I am and will ride the roller coaster of success and failure all fans do when supporting their teams. :D

No - that's were my point goes towards your father, you poor soul.

No - that's were my point goes towards your father, you poor soul.

Grandparents actually and at that point, they weren't front running. And my soul's just fine. Thanks. :D

I'm here King.

Last night certainly was fun. However, I will concede the division to the Sox...we still have a good run left but the 7 game deficit is too much at this point...and we are not gonna run the table vs Boston this season. Only 1 game out of the WC, however. I just want in the playoffs baby. Shorten the rotation and see where we end up; we'll be more dangerous that way.

Going to the game tonight with some colleagues..."team building!" Anyone else headed out to the Stadium?

I'm here King.

Last night certainly was fun. However, I will concede the division to the Sox...we still have a good run left but the 7 game deficit is too much at this point...and we are not gonna run the table vs Boston this season. Only 1 game out of the WC, however. I just want in the playoffs baby. Shorten the rotation and see where we end up; we'll be more dangerous that way.

Going to the game tonight with some colleagues..."team building!" Anyone else headed out to the Stadium?

Munson was my favorite Yankee because of my grandfather, I only have one thing to say........" I just want into the dance(Playoff's) I'll steal their(Sox) date when i get there!" Been a tough season but it's not over! :D