[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sunday ticket

Sam

I'm guessing not everyone gets this deal; I had Sunday Ticket last year, have been an on-time paying customer for over a year, but never got this offer. In fact, the offer I just received last week is for the regular price, no deals.

FWIW, after PSULions forwarded me the e-mail with the free SF offer, I called DTV again. After I was put on hold, the CSR came back and said, "Okay, I just annotated on your account that your did receive that e-mail offer and confirmed that you'll get SuperFan for free this year. If you don't have access to it on the first Sunday of the year, call back and we'll get it fixed."

I had to choose my words carefully -- I didn't want to acknowledge that I only got the e-mail from a friend unless they asked me. So, I said, "I called the other day to renew my ST, and now I'm looking at this e-mail that offers SuperFan for free. Nobody mentioned that to me when I called before." That's when she apologized and put me on hold.

So, now I have ST, SF, a new DVR, and a year's worth of DVR service for a grand total of $280.83. :D

Thanks again, PSU! :wacko:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the 2nd year in a row I just called and asked for Customer Retention and they gave me the Super Fan for free. I explained that I have had Directv for 10 plus years now and I can't justify spending $260 for the package and another $99 for the Superfan. They said I'd still pay the $260, but the SF was free.

I've been thinking of making the switch from cable to directtv. I wonder if they'll discount Sunday Ticket for me if I make the switch? :wacko:

They won't give you the Sunday Ticket for free, but they will give you a pretty nice deal. Last couple years they would give you four months of their top line package (all premimum channels and the sports channels) for free if you sign up for the NFL Ticket. Not sure if that is the current deal for new subscribers, but you can bet money they will give you a pretty sweet deal. Give them a call and see what the current deal is for new subscribers is.

FWIW, after PSULions forwarded me the e-mail with the free SF offer, I called DTV again. After I was put on hold, the CSR came back and said, "Okay, I just annotated on your account that your did receive that e-mail offer and confirmed that you'll get SuperFan for free this year. If you don't have access to it on the first Sunday of the year, call back and we'll get it fixed."

I had to choose my words carefully -- I didn't want to acknowledge that I only got the e-mail from a friend unless they asked me. So, I said, "I called the other day to renew my ST, and now I'm looking at this e-mail that offers SuperFan for free. Nobody mentioned that to me when I called before." That's when she apologized and put me on hold.

So, now I have ST, SF, a new DVR, and a year's worth of DVR service for a grand total of $280.83. :D

Thanks again, PSU! :wacko:

I called and mentioned the e-mail as well.Mentioned my auto renewal price for ST and SF was like $80.00 more than the e-mail promo.He hopped off the line,came back and gave me superfan for free no questions asked.ST and SF for $249.00 I can live with.

Thanks for the e-mail link.PSU!!!!

I called and mentioned the e-mail as well.Mentioned my auto renewal price for ST and SF was like $80.00 more than the e-mail promo.He hopped off the line,came back and gave me superfan for free no questions asked.ST and SF for $249.00 I can live with.

Thanks for the e-mail link.PSU!!!!

Glad that I can be of service to my Huddle brethren. :wacko:

I did not have as much luck. I called and basically was told that the Superfan charge would not show up until it automatically renews in September but if I had received an email stating that I could get it for free I would not be charged. Obviously I didn't get the email that PSU had received so I'll probably have to call back and try another approach.

I did not have as much luck. I called and basically was told that the Superfan charge would not show up until it automatically renews in September but if I had received an email stating that I could get it for free I would not be charged. Obviously I didn't get the email that PSU had received so I'll probably have to call back and try another approach.

I think it comes down to whether the CSR believes you actually received the e-mail or not. If I were you, I'd call back and ask again -- and then make sure they put a note on your account that you received the e-mail and should receive the SF for free.

So Just curious, what's the regular rate if you're no a carry-over subscriber? They used to give a $20 discount if you have subscribed before. I got my first bill and it says 6 payments of $41.50. I don't ever remember making 6 freekin' payments. So it adds up to $249. Are they charging first-timers $269?

So Just curious, what's the regular rate if you're no a carry-over subscriber? They used to give a $20 discount if you have subscribed before. I got my first bill and it says 6 payments of $41.50. I don't ever remember making 6 freekin' payments. So it adds up to $249. Are they charging first-timers $269?

That's what they say at least.

I'm on the phone with them now. early birders are paying $269 before July 31st after that, it's $30 more and no free superfan. I just got a free superfan and the 6 payment deal...

This email confirms that a credit of $99.00 has been applied to your DIRECTV account.
:wacko: Edited by loaf

I'm on the phone with them now. early birders are paying $269 before July 31st after that, it's $30 more and no free superfan. I just got a free superfan and the 6 payment deal...

:D

299. + 100. for SF ? :wacko: You can bet some of the more casual fans are gonna bail.

If it weren't for the ST, I would have dropped directv on their behind a long time ago. There can't possibly be worse customer service. I won't bore you with the specifics, but I swear each person that I talk to on the phone could tell me different answer to the same question. I sometimes wonder if they just pick people off the street to come in and answer phones because 75% of the people that answer the phone have no idea what is going on. Like a previous poster said, if I could have reached through the phone line, I think I would have seriously hurt someone.

If it weren't for the ST, I would have dropped directv on their behind a long time ago. There can't possibly be worse customer service. I won't bore you with the specifics, but I swear each person that I talk to on the phone could tell me different answer to the same question. I sometimes wonder if they just pick people off the street to come in and answer phones because 75% of the people that answer the phone have no idea what is going on. Like a previous poster said, if I could have reached through the phone line, I think I would have seriously hurt someone.

That is weird because my experience has been the exact opposite. I have had Directv now for 12 years. They have moved me, set dishes up for free and hooked me up with all kinds of goodies. Go figure. All that and Sunday Ticket too! :wacko:

That is weird because my experience has been the exact opposite. I have had Directv now for 12 years. They have moved me, set dishes up for free and hooked me up with all kinds of goodies. Go figure. All that and Sunday Ticket too! :wacko:

I agree with you. I have been with DTV for many years as well and have always received good customer service throughout my two moves and several new things that I added to my setup. Of course the only other option is Time Warner Cable, which is horrid, as far as customer service is. I would switch over to DISH Network before I would go back to cable here in NC.

I agree with you. I have been with DTV for many years as well and have always received good customer service throughout my two moves and several new things that I added to my setup. Of course the only other option is Time Warner Cable, which is horrid, as far as customer service is. I would switch over to DISH Network before I would go back to cable here in NC.

Agreed, I had Time Warner when I first moved to Charlotte and wanted to cry. I've had Directv for 2+ yrs and they've been great from a customer service perspective. And I should be getting Superfan for free this year again.

I've been thinking of making the switch from cable to directtv. I wonder if they'll discount Sunday Ticket for me if I make the switch? :wacko:

No, this offer doesn't apply to Cowboy fans!

Now, if you were to switch to the Broncos as well....well....never mind....lol..... :D

Edited by Turf Smurf

Another satisfied customer! Called and told them I was "looking" at an email from DTV about getting free Super Fan and after a couple of minutes of checking with a supervisor...I got FREE SF.

Thanks PSU and others!

KO'd

Another satisfied customer! Called and told them I was "looking" at an email from DTV about getting free Super Fan and after a couple of minutes of checking with a supervisor...I got FREE SF.

Thanks PSU and others!

KO'd

Glad it worked out for you. For those hoping to take advantage of this deal the email was very specific that it lasts through July 31st so please don't try it on 8/1 as you will lose credibility with the customer service rep you speak to.

Just got off the phone, after reading this thread decided to try n beat em down a bit. Already had the ticket at the renewal rate of 249. or 6 payments of 41.50 , I told them I wanted to add the SF for the split screen feature but couldn't swing the extra 100., and was considering canceling and going to the bar instead. She came back n offered me 10$ off for 6 mo or 39$ total for the SF package.

249. + 39.= 288. :D A little better than the 369. they try to get. :D Red zone channel this yr! woo hoo !!!!

this is the deal i just got, too. i see, though, that some are getting it for $249 and free superfan. maybe i should call back. :wacko:

Hey everyone just to let you know what I got. I called and talked to customer retention. As everyone else says they could not take anything off of the Sunday ticket butwhat they did do was: I got Sunday ticket for $249 (just like everyone else), free super fan, HBO and Showtime free for 3 months and $10 off my bill for 6 months. I just told them I was going to go back to Comcast because I thought that my bill was too much and that in these times of higher costs that I needed the lowest price possible...that line seemed to work. Good luck and enjoy the season!