[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sunday ticket

Sam

Swiss's advice sounds very good. The installers are subcontractors, and those guys don't have to know squat to be hired for that job. They don't go through any training or anything, just OJT with some other douchebag until they get the handle of it.

I had DirecTV a few years ago, but got rid of it when the Sunday Ticket started getting more expensive. I don't miss it.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just called and confirmed I got Superfan for free! Yippeee!!!

and the others are right. That contractor is a oil and vinegar. You definitely need to take the advice and escalate to a supervisor and get someone else out there.

Edited by Steelhead

Contacted DTV... I'm such a pushover sometimes. :wacko: Long story short, I now have CBS & NBC at $2 each rather than $3 and the two others I'm told should be in within 30 days. They expedited the requests because I'd had such a problem. As for the bad reception they are working with me on that as well. Before they send a technician out they want to test my box from the office so they will know of any issues already when the tech does come.

No free stuff, but if it works I'm satisfied. I'm not really out to broker anything that I wasn't offered, I just want what I was led to believe I was getting & I want it to work properly... I'll go for the free bells & whistles another time.

Contacted DTV... I'm such a pushover sometimes. :wacko: Long story short, I now have CBS & NBC at $2 each rather than $3 and the two others I'm told should be in within 30 days. They expedited the requests because I'd had such a problem. As for the bad reception they are working with me on that as well. Before they send a technician out they want to test my box from the office so they will know of any issues already when the tech does come.

No free stuff, but if it works I'm satisfied. I'm not really out to broker anything that I wasn't offered, I just want what I was led to believe I was getting & I want it to work properly... I'll go for the free bells & whistles another time.

Sounds like they're on the right track. It's only a question of whether you're satisfied considering the circumstances. If so, DirecTV did their jobs.

I wasn't advocating getting "free bells & whistles," really. I just wanted DirecTV to do their best to rectify the problem. I'm glad it seems to be working out for you. :D

As for the programming itself I really like the channels I get for my money. It still costs me less than cable & I get a whole lot more channels including the NFL Network. The kids & wife also really love all the kiddie channels that are available.

As for the programming itself I really like the channels I get for my money. It still costs me less than cable & I get a whole lot more channels including the NFL Network. The kids & wife also really love all the kiddie channels that are available.

No doubt, once the kids get used to boomerang and noggin theres no going back.

Signing up for DirecTV in a month and I have a question on the SF game mix:

Can you watch the LOCAL FOX/CBS feeds as part of the SF game mix of 8 games? I have heard ST doesn't allow that due to licensing with the networks. I'd probably have to get an extra HD receiver (for a total of 3) to have my big screen + 2 smaller screens (for the FOX/CBS games) to watch everything at once. Thanks in advance.

Edited: B/c I had to spit out LOCAL b/c people are too dense.

Edited by WorstCoachingEver

Signing up for DirecTV in a month and I have a question on the SF game mix:

Can you watch the FOX/CBS feeds as part of the SF game mix of 8 games? I have heard ST doesn't allow that due to licensing with the networks. I'd probably have to get an extra HD receiver (for a total of 3) to have my big screen + 2 smaller screens (for the FOX/CBS games) to watch everything at once. Thanks in advance.

Since the only games on ST and the HD SFare the CBS and FOX games ( their feeds) , why would the game mix on SF be something else.

I have never had a land line connected to my DirecTv receivers and can order PPV online when ever I want ... can also order over the phone for a fee.

DirecTv likes to have the receivers hooked up to land lines ... not sure why

The line checks once a month to see what PPV you have ordered. Also when there were a ton of fixed cards out there a few years ago you had to remove the phone line so DTV didn't know you were stealing from them. It just makes it easier for PPV ordering although you could still order online or w/ a phone. I called a few days ago and got SF free again. I have not paid for it yet.

I've never had DirecTV due to the fact that my house did not have an unobstructed view ot the southern skyline. I'm moving into a new house this week, which has a beautifully unobstructed view, and I can't wait to have the Sunday Ticket.

To me, $250 bucks for 17+ weeks of entertainment is about as good a deal as you can get.

I'm a Jets fan, and we used to get almost all the Jets games here in Connecticut. But, in the past 5 years it's become all Patriots all the time around here. It'll be nice to not only be able to watch every Jets game, but to also be able to jump to another game of my choice at any time. I seriously cannot wait.

The Jets were charging me $3K a year for 4 seats to 10 games a year (including garbage pre-season games). Not to mention the $20K or so they're about to ask for PSLs for those seats. I'd rather have a new big screen HDTV, a comfortable chair, and the Sunday ticket. Heck, for what they were charging, I could probably hire a naked young lady to get beer out of the fridge for me every Sunday.

If you like football, $250 per season is nothing.

The Jets were charging me $3K a year for 4 seats to 10 games a year (including garbage pre-season games). Not to mention the $20K or so they're about to ask for PSLs for those seats. I'd rather have a new big screen HDTV, a comfortable chair, and the Sunday ticket. Heck, for what they were charging, I could probably hire a naked young lady to get beer out of the fridge for me every Sunday.

If you like football, $250 per season is nothing.

For that $20k PSL money, you should be able to get a whole regiment of nekkid wimmins carrying beer.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Isn't it funny how ST true believers throw that bar tab out there, but neglect to count all the food and drink they gobble down each Sunday sitting on their recliner? I guess they're just drinking tap water and munching on saltines.

But, it is MY recliner, while you schlep through the muck and mire to your water hole......I'm good with it and happy to pay the up-charge for HD.

Schlep along my friend...be well

:wacko:

Directv has us by the ball sack and we just have to pay it :wacko:

The part of Texas I live, our cable shows all of the Cowboys, Texans AND Saints games FREE, in HD (yes, the locals are in HD)...My cable TV rocks. The Ticket (major ripoff) will never get my money b/c my cable company shows my favorite teams for free, OH YEAH IN HD!!!

Edited by Scooby

Just called Directtv and told them I wanted to cancel the ST since it's not in HD and the dude said he would give me the upgrade for free...

Upgrade?What are they thinking, no HD? That is the whole point of having dish over cable. Dish should be including the HD for free no question. Of course, all major cable markets have just as much HD channels...dish is so much more expensive than cable where I am($160 vs$95 for every channel HD), and my cable provides all locals in HD, not to mention most of the other networks like ESPN TNT TBS, etc.

the Package when i first got it back in 1999 was &129.99 for the early bird sign up. I wonder how they are gonna try to hit us next year when by law all channels will have to be broadcast in HD? I think that happens in February 2009, How are they gonna get their extra $99.00? That being said I love the package and while I might spend the same going to a bar, I save on the legal fees for the DWI I might get on the way home.

I don't know about you guys but my wife isn't jumping for joy for me to head to the local pub all day and come home staggerin.....So I purchased the ST and have kind of made watching the Packer games a family tradition....I know it sounds cheezy but my kids look forward to it more than I look forward to watching the game with them..

I just pay it. There's no good pubs within stumbling distance and I want to watch the game I want to watch. Plus, my daughter really seems to enjoy watching the games with me, so being home instead of at a bar means I get to hang with her. (Though, she likes the Browns' uniforms. I mean, WTF? We're going to have to work on that this year).

I go to up to San Francisco and watch the games with the boys about a 1/3rd of the time. But I'll drop $100+ without thinking about it because I'm up there all day. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and drinks adds up real quick. So the relative cost of ST is still pretty cheap, in comparison.

Edited by yo mama

I just called and got the Superfan feature added for free based on "an email offer I was looking at."

I don't have HD so I'd never pay the $99 for the red zone channel but if they'll give it for free I'll take it. They're probably banking on a good chunk of the people who get it not calling back next year once they start charging.

Anyway, If you want to do this the offer was stated to be through the end of July so time is running out.

the Package when i first got it back in 1999 was &129.99 for the early bird sign up. I wonder how they are gonna try to hit us next year when by law all channels will have to be broadcast in HD? I think that happens in February 2009, How are they gonna get their extra $99.00? That being said I love the package and while I might spend the same going to a bar, I save on the legal fees for the DWI I might get on the way home.

HD has nothing to do with it. In 2009 all channels will be broadcast digitally as opposed to using an analog signal. Even then there are some exceptions to the rule but in general, sets that cannot receive a digital signal now will become obsolete.

HD, OTOH, is very much an option that each channel can provide, or not.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

HD has nothing to do with it. In 1999 all channels will be broadcast digitally as opposed to using an analog signal. Even then there are some exceptions to the rule but in general, sets that cannot receive a digital signal now will become obsolete.

just called. free SF

$250 % 17 = $14.70/week. i think it's a great value to watch almost every game..in HD, with RZ and game mix.

edit: i still think that they should let you purchase individual weeks as you see fit for a little more per week (or pick a team).

Edited by Bier Meister