[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

American Idol

Menudo

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear that I never watch this show other than to over hear it while my little girl is watching it.

Now that 16 year old that was just on has sold me that there are indeed some talented people on this show. She was great!

If she was the only one you heard tonight, you caught the best part of the show.

So brutal were tonights performances that the fektard comic may actually make a joke of this whole competition and make it into the Top 12.

Hoping Adam Lambert, who I liked in the earlier rounds, finishes the show with a solid performance.

Not a good night. The performances were mostly bad. I thought the best performance of the night was the 16-year old singing Heart. The best guy was probably Lambert, while the guy that sang 'Man In The Mirror' was solid. The girl with the arm tattoo is gorgeous, and she did o.k. The rest were terrible.

My picks would be: Lambert, the girl that sang Heart, and the hot girl with the arm tatoo. However, I've got a bad feeling that it will be the comedian guy who gets a spot over one of them.

On another note, I sure hope the guy that did Coldplay gets in on the wildcard. His performance of "Georgia on My Mind" was one of the best in the history of this show, in my opinion. Unfortunately, he wasn't very good tonight.

Ok, so i watched almost a full episode for the first time this year. That comic guy is funny in a ridiculous kind of way, but he's really not that funny. i don't see how he makes it through. I liked the cute tatoo chick w/ the amy winehouse sound even though her voice is not fantastic i don't think - it is cool and unique though. I agreed w/ simon on the last guy. He is definitely one of the most talented and will go far, but there were moments that sounded weird to me. Liked the young girl with the red hair as well. I think there was one other chick that was good that i'm forgetting...

Before anyone sang tonite I thought that the 3 that would make it thru would be

Adam Lambert

Jasmine Murray

Matt Giraud

after hearing everyone I think making it thru will be:

Adam Lambert

Allison Iraheta

Megan Joy Corkery

overall it was a dismal nite but I think Lambert showed he is one to be reckoned with...along with Danny from last week....I really liked Megans song and while Allison did a very good job with Alone by Heart I thought her voice wasnt as strong as I would have liked for a song like that (Carly sang it last year and had/has a much stronger voice).

If she was the only one you heard tonight, you caught the best part of the show.

So brutal were tonights performances that the fektard comic may actually make a joke of this whole competition and make it into the Top 12.

Hoping Adam Lambert, who I liked in the earlier rounds, finishes the show with a solid performance.

Much more than a solid performance!

Not a good night. The performances were mostly bad. I thought the best performance of the night was the 16-year old singing Heart. The best guy was probably Lambert, while the guy that sang 'Man In The Mirror' was solid. The girl with the arm tattoo is gorgeous, and she did o.k. The rest were terrible.

My picks would be: Lambert, the girl that sang Heart, and the hot girl with the arm tatoo. However, I've got a bad feeling that it will be the comedian guy who gets a spot over one of them.

On another note, I sure hope the guy that did Coldplay gets in on the wildcard. His performance of "Georgia on My Mind" was one of the best in the history of this show, in my opinion. Unfortunately, he wasn't very good tonight.

I agree with the 3 that you think will get thru and I do think Matt gets in via the Wild Card round...and that is without even knowing how that will work.

Edited by keggerz

That red-headed girl Allison was the only one that I thought was heads and shoulders above the rest. Maybe Adam Lambert but there is something about him I do not like and not just his ridiculous hair. Those two should be safe this week and will be joined by probably Kai Kalama but hte #3 person could be him or Jese Langseth or Kris Allen or Megan Joy Corkrey.

http://www.americanidol.com/top_36/group_2

I was surprised that Jasmine was so bad.

Allison Ireheta was by far the best overall singer tonight. (Heart song)

Adam Lambert was the best guy. (Satisfaction)

Kris Allen should be the third person thru IMO. (Man in the Mirror)

I thought Mishavonna was ok and had probably the fourth best performance of the night. (Drops of Jupiter)

Megan looked good, she's pretty, but that dumb ass twist thing she was doing was just a train wreck, why use a microphone stand when you should be moving around at least a little bit?

Kai and Matt just had to be pretty good to get through, as they are both very likable and have had tons of camera time, I think they both fell flat, and if they get through, they need to hug a producer or two.

Nick Mitchell is funny, and he has some talent, he needs to be on Comedy Central not American Idol.

There were some VERY bad performances tonight, Jasmine stands out a particularly big disappointment to me.

-DD21

We'll see if Gokey keeps up his current 'angle' when he gets back on stage, he only sings sappy/overly inspirational type songs, which plays into the 'angle' that he currently portrays. During the results show last week one of his friends or family was holding a picture of his wife up to the camera while he was singing. If Danny didn't want it played up, he should have stepped in and put a stop to it. We'll see, I think it's pretty low ball to try to capitalize on a situation like that, and I think he has been and will continue to do so. If he stops, I apologize.

I blame his wife

Classic. Thank you. :wacko:

+1. The dude can flat out sing. But he's got ghey written all over him. Not sure how well that will play with the voters.

i doubt that will make a difference. he looks no gayer than this guy

i honestly hope nick/norman gentle goes through. it's obvious that what they want on this show are young, good-looking people who happen to have a good voice -- the judge, kara, even mentioned that two or three times tonight. that nick guy knows no one would buy anything he put out, so he just goes out and does his thing. even when he takes on another persona, he's less fake than anyone else on the show. and he has a good voice. my bet is he becomes this year's sanjaya and gets the third-most votes tomorrow.

While I thought the Nick schtick was funny, I think it would be terrible if he made it through.

I think it's Lambert, Ireheta for sure and then a pick 'em from Kalama, Giraud, Corkry and the welder dude. I was a little surprised how badly they ripped him. I thought he did fine.

Last week was all about a few great performances and a bunch of embarrassing ones. This week seemed to be about maybe 2 shoo-ins and a bunch of 'meh' folks that you know won't make it far unless something changes for them.

I think Lambert's problem is that he should really be a front man for a band rather than a solo singer. His temptation to make everything into a theater performance could bite him in the end. The mugging for the camera at the beginning of his song was just :wacko:, I thought.

Edited by Czarina

DialIdol is usually pretty close. They nailed it last week.

Here are there predictions for this week...

Guy: Adam Lambert 9.72

Girl: Allison Iraheta 6.74

3rd: Matt Girard 3.52 (Jesse Langseth 3.26)

So, it looks like Adam & Allison are sure things, but, the 3rd spot could get interesting. I really hope Girard gets through, as I still think he has a chance to win it all if he starts choosing better songs.

Tonight's show as a whole. SUCKED!

Troof here.

That was the worst American Idol in history. The guy with two names is making a mockery of the show. The tattoo on the arm chick would be so hot...if she didn't have that god-awful tattoo. That thing is disgusting. My picks, Jasmine and Kai, aren't going very far after that awful performance.

The only bright spot was the 16-year old singing Heart. The Rolling Stone guy at the end was [randy]a-ight dawg, but I wasn't feeling it [/randy]

No one from this whole group will go very far. It's too bad they are doing this format since it appears ALL the bad performers were lumped in this group which means another group will have good people voted out based on comparison. I really don't think anyone (outside of the 16-year old maybe) should make it through from this group.

Definitely a let-down. I think Jasmine could've been better, but nerves got the best of her going first :wacko:.

So, it looks like Adam & Allison are sure things, but, the 3rd spot could get interesting. I really hope Girard gets through, as I still think he has a chance to win it all if he starts choosing better songs.

after the 1st two the margin of error makes it a complete crapshoot...DI did nail it last week but they seem to get better the fewer the contestants there are.

We'll see if Gokey keeps up his current 'angle' when he gets back on stage, he only sings sappy/overly inspirational type songs, which plays into the 'angle' that he currently portrays.

I certainly hope not.

i honestly hope nick/norman gentle goes through.

I certainly hope not.

I hope Adam, Allison and Matt make it through. Or Kai.

We'll see if Gokey keeps up his current 'angle' when he gets back on stage, he only sings sappy/overly inspirational type songs, which plays into the 'angle' that he currently portrays. During the results show last week one of his friends or family was holding a picture of his wife up to the camera while he was singing. If Danny didn't want it played up, he should have stepped in and put a stop to it. We'll see, I think it's pretty low ball to try to capitalize on a situation like that, and I think he has been and will continue to do so. If he stops, I apologize.

His wife did die just 4 weeks prior to his audition. I don't think he's 'playing' anything. Also keep in mind that he's a church choir director or some such IRL. This may just be who he is.

His wife did die just 4 weeks prior to his audition. I don't think he's 'playing' anything. Also keep in mind that he's a church choir director or some such IRL. This may just be who he is.

While this all may be true - and is, actually - it won't get him very far in the competition. My opinion, of course...

what an awful show last night. I thought the best singer of the night was probably that mishavona chick -- it was a cool song, her pitch was spot on and she did some really nice technical things with her voice. I just thought it was very nicely done. and then the moran judges tell her she sucked. or no, they tell her she's a very good singer, but she somehow seems "old". but they tell that (admittedly hawt) corkrey chick that keeps doing that stupid little donald duck/fats domino twist dance that she was good. and, since most americans (especially those who watch that show) are mindless sheep, donald duck will probably continue on and the best singer of the night will go home because the judges aren't sure who will buy her records.

and paula abdul....please someone put that wretched hag out of her misery. or at least stop letting her fill that 40 ounce coke product-placement cup with vodka. :wacko:

Edited by Azazello1313