[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lev Bell - Something is brewing in Burgh

Gourdeau

4 hours ago, DMD said:

That was different. He was the best RB of all time. So, he deserved more.

22 minutes ago, Shaman said:

:headbang:

No he was not the best of all time, at that time. :nono:  Emmitt Smith held out 2 times in hist first 4 years of professional football. Some of you are smoking that "homer crack."

He did a rookie holdout and 3 years later did another holdout, but Dallas eventually paid him. That was unprecedented at that time.

Edited by Shaft

On 10/2/2018 at 8:36 PM, Shaft said:

No he was not the best of all time, at that time. :nono:  Emmitt Smith held out 2 times in hist first 4 years of professional football. Some of you are smoking that "homer crack."

He did a rookie holdout and 3 years later did another holdout, but Dallas eventually paid him. That was unprecedented at that time.

:nutkick:

On 10/14/2018 at 11:29 AM, jamesplante11 said:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1051465479922077696?s=20

Bell still hasn’t let Pittsburgh know his plan

Endearing yourself to your teammates, and teams that might be interested in your skills.....

I loved the little jab that Tomlin took at him during his press conference yesterday.  Something about James (Conner) being benched next week when Bell returns. :D

5 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Endearing yourself to your teammates, and teams that might be interested in your skills.....

I loved the little jab that Tomlin took at him during his press conference yesterday.  Something about James (Conner) being benched next week when Bell returns. :D

Didn't Big Ben make a similar comment?  Something about being pleased with how Conner performed in his last game.  I'm assuming it was sarcasm, but it could also be viewed as a jab against Bell, I suppose.  

I am guessing he isn't coming back until week 7 weekend.  

Question is about whether Steelers really care one way or another?   Connor has shown is just as capable without him.  And no, I am not comparing the two.  It's more about his production since arrival.

Or is the Steelers still shopping around since they probably have a good idea of what Connor can bring to the table vs having to pay Bell after the season

I  have to wonder if he has damaged his "brand"? I understand why he held out. I understand why he holds himself in high regard. But how does the noncommunication play out among future employers? It's like he wants to create animosity IMO. Unless he has been in contact with PIT all along but I seriously think he's said nothing to them.  He will want a huge deal next year in FA - can he get it? He is only 26 and should have 3 to 5 more years barring injury. I am fascinated in how this plays out. But I cannot see how he handled this not having some impact on his value.

42 minutes ago, DMD said:

I  have to wonder if he has damaged his "brand"? I understand why he held out. I understand why he holds himself in high regard. But how does the noncommunication play out among future employers? It's like he wants to create animosity IMO. Unless he has been in contact with PIT all along but I seriously think he's said nothing to them.  He will want a huge deal next year in FA - can he get it? He is only 26 and should have 3 to 5 more years barring injury. I am fascinated in how this plays out. But I cannot see how he handled this not having some impact on his value.

Very well stated, I agree 100%. There's not a GM on the planet who's not judging his character right now, I don't care how good he is.

The easy response is “pay the guy and he will show up and do his job”.  Several GMs will take the risk because winning is a panacea, and most of them are clueless as to how to accomplish this.  They know that talent helps, though, and he has that.

I left Conner on my DTS to see hiw this playes out.  I think it will end up being a decent move, becaue he will get a much longer deal next season than I would have given this year.

3 hours ago, DMD said:

IMO, somebody will pay him a large chunk of money.  His strategy of not playing for a half of season or longer will be looked upon as protecting the body of being worn down.  

12 minutes ago, Caveman_Nick said:

The easy response is “pay the guy and he will show up and do his job”.  Several GMs will take the risk because winning is a panacea, and most of them are clueless as to how to accomplish this.  They know that talent helps, though, and he has that.

I left Conner on my DTS to see hiw this playes out.  I think it will end up being a decent move, becaue he will get a much longer deal next season than I would have given this year.

The OBJ situation in NY won't help that argument. Remember how a new contract was supposed make everything perfect? How is that working out for NY?

• Thanks 1

So far statistically after 6 games Conner is out playing Bells last 2 years stats in every category... is it possible that maybe... just maybe, gms are going to see that bell isn't THAT special and that perhaps it is in fact what I've believed all along which is the oline and offense as a whole made Bell and Not the other way around. We saw it with Dwill, NOW we see it with Conner. 

17 hours ago, DMD said:

Have been saying this since the beginning of the season, he said he'd be there on Labor Day then didn't show up and was non committal. Many fans keep saying "he's elite, won't matter teams will offer him the sky and he'll get a great deal".  I don't buy it NFL owners are more concerned about this stuff than some player with a past drug problem. 

7 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

Another thing that doesn't show up in statistics is how much focus they garner from the defense.  Defenses put a lot of emphasis on stopping Le'Veon in both the run game and as a receiver.

That's sure to change here soon

59 minutes ago, soopanuts said:

could see PIT riding Bell to save mileage on Conner. Conner has two more years left on his rookie deal. That is if they don't trade Bell first.

Not a chance they are going to trust him to give 100% at this point .