[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Greg Zeuerlein out with groin injury

DMD

Agreed. Not only is he a very good kicker with a big leg for the long FGs, but the Rams are the exact sort of team you want a kicker from - in a dome and likely to have leads at the end of games and tacking on those extra FGs. He is literally on half my teams. But I hate wasting the roster spot so early in the season. And groin injuries can linger. That's what impacted Dan Bailey in DAL.

2 hours ago, DMD said:

Agreed. Not only is he a very good kicker with a big leg for the long FGs, but the Rams are the exact sort of team you want a kicker from - in a dome and likely to have leads at the end of games and tacking on those extra FGs. He is literally on half my teams. But I hate wasting the roster spot so early in the season. And groin injuries can linger. That's what impacted Dan Bailey in DAL.

:nono:

• Haha 1

On 9/18/2018 at 8:49 AM, darin3 said:

:nono:

:lol:

Ughhh, I only have 5 bench spots and this is KILLING me right now.  I don't have a true RB1 (or 2), and am debating whether he's worth hanging on to or continuing to stash upside guys like Clement.. Managed to pick up Crosby this week which should help stop the bleeding.

20 minutes ago, kdko said:

:lol:

Ughhh, I only have 5 bench spots and this is KILLING me right now.  I don't have a true RB1 (or 2), and am debating whether he's worth hanging on to or continuing to stash upside guys like Clement.. Managed to pick up Crosby this week which should help stop the bleeding.

We start 9 and have 9 bench spots, Zeuerlein was dropped for a replacement (Bullock CIN). I might grab Z later and stash him just before my kicker (Crosby) goes on bye then use him the rest of the way, filling his bye with somebody off waivers. 

I'm in a similar RB situation where they're bottom RB2 or below, and I would not hold a kicker who is out for a few weeks on my roster.

12 minutes ago, Henry Muto said:

I had Zuerlein on 69 of my 110 teams took 69 zeros and lost 12 of those games by 10 points or less including a couple by less than 2 pts.

Spent 3 hours Monday putting in for 69 new kickers............

Hopefully not the same kicker on all 69 of these teams.  I recall a couple of zeroes from an active kicker over my years. 

1 hour ago, Henry Muto said:

I had Zuerlein on 69 of my 110 teams took 69 zeros and lost 12 of those games by 10 points or less including a couple by less than 2 pts.

Spent 3 hours Monday putting in for 69 new kickers............

Puts my loss of him on 2 teams into perspective :ball:

2 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Did you keep Zuerlein rostered or did you drop him or some of both?

Kept him where I could.  Probably kept him on 62 of 69 teams if I remember correctly.  Sure is hard to hold 2 kickers with injuries, byes coming for 3-4 weeks even with 20 man rosters.

18 hours ago, jamesplante11 said:

How?!? How is this possible to manage?

Not easy. Waivers are the toughest.  I start on Monday checking for all players cut while watching the game.

Then I Tuesday I go through all leagues and log on my spreadsheets where I stand in record and pts.  Also I start waivers on Tuesday try to hit as many teams as I can usually do about 20 if I can.

Wednesday is the rough day I get home from work then clean up and eat and start on waivers around 5:30 PM and work only on that until Midnight.  Some leagues cut off at 10 PM and RTS 11:59 PM.

Thursday I do the Thursday only players for all lineups.

Friday a 2nd batch of waivers but except for the 3 cutline weeks I don't do much if I don't have to here just check over for injured spots in lineup.

Saturday I put in all the lineups and this is the part that is inane I input all of my and my opp lineups into a spreadsheet every week that takes like 8 hours.

Also I keep all 110 teams on 1 spreadsheet the pain is updating every week after waivers.

Wed is the worst with waivers besides that not so bad.

51 minutes ago, Henry Muto said:

Not easy. Waivers are the toughest.  I start on Monday checking for all players cut while watching the game.

Then I Tuesday I go through all leagues and log on my spreadsheets where I stand in record and pts.  Also I start waivers on Tuesday try to hit as many teams as I can usually do about 20 if I can.

Wednesday is the rough day I get home from work then clean up and eat and start on waivers around 5:30 PM and work only on that until Midnight.  Some leagues cut off at 10 PM and RTS 11:59 PM.

Thursday I do the Thursday only players for all lineups.

Friday a 2nd batch of waivers but except for the 3 cutline weeks I don't do much if I don't have to here just check over for injured spots in lineup.

Saturday I put in all the lineups and this is the part that is inane I input all of my and my opp lineups into a spreadsheet every week that takes like 8 hours.

Also I keep all 110 teams on 1 spreadsheet the pain is updating every week after waivers.

Wed is the worst with waivers besides that not so bad.

Ehhh. How do you justify this? How much money do you invest/win on average a year?