loaf

Tyreek Hill again...

13 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Pretty sure I read an analysis that of men of a similar demographic it was something around 50% of the criminal or conviction rate.  Some of that may be due to their high earning status and ability to avoid charges .

NFL men? That would be an interesting read.

3 hours ago, Shaft said:

NFL men? That would be an interesting read.

One of just a few articles I found (searched for "PROFESSIONAL athlete crime rates") that includes this similar stat.

"• According to the FBI, the NFL arrest rate is 1 in 45. The national average for non-players is 1 in 23."

I've read similar stories, and was surprised at first. Then I consider the many hundreds of players we hear nothing about. But they are celebrities so they're big news. Another story mentioned a study that confirmed the above fact, but also showed that during some years NFL players had a higher rate of violent crime than the average person, a statistically significant increase. Numbers were not found easily and didn't have time to read that one fully. 

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

One of just a few articles I found (searched for "PROFESSIONAL athlete crime rates") that includes this similar stat.

"• According to the FBI, the NFL arrest rate is 1 in 45. The national average for non-players is 1 in 23."

I've read similar stories, and was surprised at first. Then I consider the many hundreds of players we hear nothing about. But they are celebrities so they're big news. Another story mentioned a study that confirmed the above fact, but also showed that during some years NFL players had a higher rate of violent crime than the average person, a statistically significant increase. Numbers were not found easily and didn't have time to read that one fully. 

Thanks, so based on this they're arrested at half the rate of non-nfl players. Obviously, arrest only is only a small piece of the picture, but it does support the idea that most of them seem to be well behaved. 

I did some further research:

image.thumb.png.477bc9a805e025da85023a1ec6111b60.png

Edited by Shaft

5 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Every arrest since 2000:

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/arrests/

Cool tool, a quick way to look at things by team, Browns were about average with 36, Bengals a bit higher. Pats are pretty low with 21, but then few teams have a player charged with and convicted for murder. 

1 minute ago, stevegrab said:

Cool tool, a quick way to look at things by team, Browns were about average with 36, Bengals a bit higher. Pats are pretty low with 21, but then few teams have a player charged with and convicted for murder. 

Break down by position: 

WR: 151 :lol:

LB: 134

CB: 123

RB: 102

DT: 85

DE: 74 

OT: 52

TE: 43

OG: 26

QB: 22

FB: 15

K: 12

C: 5

DB: 4

P: 3

3 hours ago, Shaft said:

Break down by position: 

WR: 151 :lol:

LB: 134

CB: 123

RB: 102

DT: 85

DE: 74 

OT: 52

TE: 43

OG: 26

QB: 22

FB: 15

K: 12

C: 5

DB: 4

P: 3

I like that there's 12 kickers on the list.