[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone else smell a Gronk return

Rekroot

23 hours ago, Dcat said:

its a stash just in case your TE for the playoffs breaks his leg or something.  Weeks 14-17.  If he comes back, he awon't be a yardage monster, but will be targeted constantly in the Red Zone.  Worth a stash if your light at TE>  

I'd rather have a TE on a actual team that might be on the field and have a chance of scoring points than chasing some guy who's not going be of value.  I have Ertz (no longer a stud) as my starter and Graham as a backup, but also won't be in the playoffs.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Dcat said:

first there was Jim Bowden saying it and now this.  Gronk will be suiting up by early December folks.  https://nesn.com/2019/11/nfl-rumors-robert-kraft-wants-rob-gronkowski-to-return-for-stretch-run/

$20 says he won't. 

Hey... last thing I need to see is Gronk back in uniform, pushing off as always without getting called.  I just think that this is Brady's last run with the Pats and everyone knows it so they want Gronk back for redzone targets because they want that ring for the last time.

Gronk is a shell of his former self, when he pushes off now he'll just fall down.

This is all just the over hyped rumor mill that has become sports coverage.

Until people stop feeding the beast (spreading, discussing, believing these rumors) it will only get worse. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Gronk is a shell of his former self, when he pushes off now he'll just fall down.

This is all just the over hyped rumor mill that has become sports coverage.

Until people stop feeding the beast (spreading, discussing, believing these rumors) it will only get worse. 

So Jim Bowden is lying to everyone when he tells us on the air that there has been much talk down in Florida about it and he never said it was definite?  Please.  

Dude, it is more than a mere unsubstantiated rumor.  The buzz is coming from people who are in the know.  

I find it hysterical that this topic bothers some people.  The Pats and Gronk are considering it.  Bowden corroborates that.  That is all.  If I need a TE who will get some endzone looks in week 15 or 16, I would consider rostering him.  So he is now skinny.   He won't be asked to do much blocking, so those of you looking at his skinny ass can calm down.  

• Haha 1

I don't know why he would, he has multiple rings, so does Brady.  There's not that much glory to be had.  And he's skinnier and didn't like the abuse and grind before and making $$ on CBD and has plenty already.  I mean, if he gets it in his head he wants one more shot, maybe so, but I don't see a lot of reasons from the outside why he would. My impression is guys who say they are done with the grind are usually done with football.

Edited by purplemonster

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

So Jim Bowden is lying to everyone when he tells us on the air that there has been much talk down in Florida about it and he never said it was definite?  Please.  

Dude, it is more than a mere unsubstantiated rumor.  The buzz is coming from people who are in the know.  

I find it hysterical that this topic bothers some people.  The Pats and Gronk are considering it.  Bowden corroborates that.  That is all.  If I need a TE who will get some endzone looks in week 15 or 16, I would consider rostering him.  So he is now skinny.   He won't be asked to do much blocking, so those of you looking at his skinny ass can calm down.  

You're the one who sounds hysterical. Roster him if you like. Believe Bowden if you like (I have no clue who he is or why he has some inside scoop, I recognize the last name as a college coach, but don't follow college football enough to know more).

My only issue is how people are so inclined be believe any rumor, especially if it fits what they already believe or need. 

I have no interest or need for Gronk, so I'll blow of those rumors. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, XFlash said:

Do Bears have the Cap space?

I would hope they would make it. I’ve heard the rumor from yahoo sports off Brady ending his career in Chicago. I could see gronk wanting to be apart of that history of bringing a championship  to Chicago 

I can't tell from the comments on this page if we're still in reality or have we jumped head first into fantasy land?  

So far there's $120 offered to anyone who wants to take the position that Gronk will return.  Dcat?

On 11/11/2019 at 6:46 PM, 1fastdoc said:

I can't tell from the comments on this page if we're still in reality or have we jumped head first into fantasy land?  

So far there's $120 offered to anyone who wants to take the position that Gronk will return.  Dcat?

I don't think he will either.  But if I were desperate for a TE for weeks 13 and forward and if I had the roster space, I would roster him.  He'll be a receiver lined up as TE.  Probably 2 TE set w/Watson sometimes.  

Edited by Dcat
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Maybe it will be just for the NFL playoffs, making the fantasy debate mostly pointless. 

He has to be back by November 30th. He can't just come back for the playoffs. I guess he could just sit on the bench until the playoffs though. 

Gronk set to make a big announcement on Tuesday.  Could be something about his businesses or wrestling but could he be making the return to the NFL?  Needs to do so by November 30th.