[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone else smell a Gronk return

Rekroot

Only way he stays relevant is to keep floating that he's coming back. Also the clicks help his brand out which he needs now to sell cbd. imo he's not coming back just working it like a snake oil salesman has to.

Really tough to come back to the grind after you've been away.  I played a lot of sports, and while I was light years away from the NFL, football is a tough sport, the most physically punishing of all sports I've played by a long shot.  After 10+ concussions and other issues I am not surprised Gronk isn't jumping back in, especially because he's been smart with his money.  

If he "unretires", what position is he going to play?  Because he has lost so much weight and muscle, he is not in NFL TE playing shape at all.  He would need serious PEDs to get his body back to "Gronk, the TE".  Right now, he is "Gronk, the wanna-be skinny actor."

gronk.jpg

Edited by Dcat

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

If he "unretires", what position is he going to play?  Because he has lost so much weight and muscle, he is not in NFL TE playing shape at all.  He would need serious PEDs to get his body back to "Gronk, the TE".  Right now, he is "Gronk, the wanna-be skinny actor."

gronk.jpg

Well they need some healthy WRs so maybe he can do that. A big outside target, maybe he's faster now.

But he isn't returning, he loves the post playing life, doing whatever he wants without a care about scrutiny. 

Wonder if he gets a real suit and tie before the next game. If not just show up in shorts and a Gronk jersey, the crowd will love that. Then smash some stuff, shout and act like you're using bath salts. Oh and of course be impartial  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Well they need some healthy WRs so maybe he can do that. A big outside target, maybe he's faster now.

But he isn't returning, he loves the post playing life, doing whatever he wants without a care about scrutiny. 

Wonder if he gets a real suit and tie before the next game. If not just show up in shorts and a Gronk jersey, the crowd will love that. Then smash some stuff, shout and act like you're using bath salts. Oh and of course be impartial  :rolleyes:

Harry should be back week 8 or 9. They don't get a legit test till week 9 vs Ravens. Jets and Browns are next

2 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Harry should be back week 8 or 9. They don't get a legit test till week 9 vs Ravens. Jets and Browns are next

How are the Ravens who got thrashed by the Browns a legit test, but not the Browns?  Is it their defense which is people think is better (since we're talking Pats offense)?  Nope basic stats like points and yards allowed don't support that (BAL has more than CLE).  Turnovers nope CLE has more. Every category I checked on defense had a better number for CLE, including yards/play. 

Sounds like more recency bias, based on the Browns drubbing by the 49ers, while the Ravens narrowly escaped a loss/tie with the 3rd string QB led Steelers. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

How are the Ravens who got thrashed by the Browns a legit test, but not the Browns?  Is it their defense which is people think is better (since we're talking Pats offense)?  Nope basic stats like points and yards allowed don't support that (BAL has more than CLE).  Turnovers nope CLE has more. Every category I checked on defense had a better number for CLE, including yards/play. 

Sounds like more recency bias, based on the Browns drubbing by the 49ers, while the Ravens narrowly escaped a loss/tie with the 3rd string QB led Steelers. 

I meant the opposing offenses. Plus the Browns go to a Foxboro and the Ravens are at home. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Jim Bowden (former MLB GM & Serius Fantasy Alarm host) lives in Miami area (where Gronk is) and he said on the air that sources in the know down there say that Gronk and the Pats are getting ready for his return to NE for the stretch run, probably after Thanksgiving.  For what it's worth, he's usually accurate and doesn't spread rumors unless he is somewhat confident. He said nothing is 100%, but if you have any stash room on your roster, you might want him there if your TE situation for December looks bad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

Jim Bowden (former MLB GM & Serius Fantasy Alarm host) lives in Miami area (where Gronk is) and he said on the air that sources in the know down there say that Gronk and the Pats are getting ready for his return to NE for the stretch run, probably after Thanksgiving.  For what it's worth, he's usually accurate and doesn't spread rumors unless he is somewhat confident. He said nothing is 100%, but if you have any stash room on your roster, you might want him there if your TE situation for December looks bad.

Fantasy Football season will probably be over by the time he's in the facility and football ready. Why bother? 

35 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Fantasy Football season will probably be over by the time he's in the facility and football ready. Why bother? 

Perhaps because it's his identity and even towards the end he was still damn good at it.  Retiring of one's own accord can be stressful when you have to actually work at work as opposed to stay strong and do what comes naturally.

I hope he doesn't return, there's no way to get back to playing shape this year and it's better to walk away a champion from the field than a has-been from the bench.  Just ask the Manning brothers.

But if he plays, I'll certainly watch it.  Now Kraft  needs to work his magic and bring AB back, lol.

Oooh, you mean why bother adding him in FF.  He'd be worth some PPR points in week 15 against Cin.  

Edited by 1fastdoc

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

its a stash just in case your TE for the playoffs breaks his leg or something.  Weeks 14-17.  If he comes back, he awon't be a yardage monster, but will be targeted constantly in the Red Zone.  Worth a stash if your light at TE>  

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

its a stash just in case your TE for the playoffs breaks his leg or something.  Weeks 14-17.  If he comes back, he awon't be a yardage monster, but will be targeted constantly in the Red Zone.  Worth a stash if your light at TE>  

You could be right, I just think there are too many variables. The Patriots will already have the Conference on lockdown by then. Will he see enough snaps, will they handle him with kid gloves? Who knows. 

4 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

Perhaps because it's his identity and even towards the end he was still damn good at it.  Retiring of one's own accord can be stressful when you have to actually work at work as opposed to stay strong and do what comes naturally.

I hope he doesn't return, there's no way to get back to playing shape this year and it's better to walk away a champion from the field than a has-been from the bench.  Just ask the Manning brothers.

But if he plays, I'll certainly watch it.  Now Kraft  needs to work his magic and bring AB back, lol.

Oooh, you mean why bother adding him in FF.  He'd be worth some PPR points in week 15 against Cin.  

If rather be a has-been making millions on the bench than on the street making squat. 

• Confused 1