[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Garrett done

irish

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Proves your point?  No. How so?   A football team will get more prime time games for multiple reasons.  Sometmes it's because they are a good, strong team. (Best reason).  Next, it's ratings.  So you are saying if more people watch the Cowboys on a Monday Night than they would the Jaguars, that means the Cowboys are America's team?  LOL.  You cowboy fans are remarkable.  Never has there been such a blissful mix of delusion, narcissism and falsely inflated ego.

Ok so we both agree the Cowboys arent a strong team.  Hence they are chosen for primetime for better ratings to use your own words. What brings better ratings ? A giant fanbase . These are facts . You keep trying to attribute this to delusion and ego.  I'm giving you facts . Top road draw in NFL . Most valuable franchise in sports.  Facts . 

2 hours ago, jetsfan said:

:kicksrock:

Over the holidays, even my kids asked me why I still root for them.

Ha !  I live in NJ. I know plenty of Jets fans . They are loyal . I was just twisting dcats titties. He obviously isnt the type to have some fun with on the boards 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, irish said:

Nothing against you Dcat, but this one line is the main reason I hate being a Cowboys' fan.  Most people think this as soon as they hear that you're a Cowboys' fan.  The generalization sucks. 

The real Cowboy fans such as yourself are cool as F. It's the degenerate bandwagon Cowboy fans that everyone despises. You know who they are. They can't find Dallas on a map and haven't been within a thousand miles of Texas. Most of the ones I meet are phonies. This is why everyone hates Dallas, it has nothing to do with the Wins or jealousy. At least that's how I feel. The true Cowboy fans kick ass! 

• Like 2

Just now, League_Champion said:

No!! If you make a joke or challenge anyone in here you're a dick! 

Fellas, been that way since this place started. You learn to just roll with the punches. 

15 hours ago, whomper said:

Ok so we both agree the Cowboys arent a strong team.  Hence they are chosen for primetime for better ratings to use your own words. What brings better ratings ? A giant fanbase . These are facts . You keep trying to attribute this to delusion and ego.  I'm giving you facts . Top road draw in NFL . Most valuable franchise in sports.  Facts . 

LOL.   No more a top road draw than Pittsburgh.  Best traveled fans in the NFL, including Dallas.  See it with my own eyes.  Dollar value, again, is 100% irrelevant as to whether people regard the Dallas team as "theirs" if they are not from that area. Nobody chooses their team based on its net asset value.  That one is horrible reasoning, so I advise you to drop that element of your attempted argument.  As for Prime time games...   you don't think Jerry Jones has any influence?  Come on dude.  Be real.  The point is that Dallas fans (gneralization) have a way overinflated view of how the rest of the country regards that team.  It is really very funny.  

Edited by Dcat

57 minutes ago, Dcat said:

LOL.   No more a top road draw than Pittsburgh.  Best traveled fans in the NFL, including Dallas.  See it with my own eyes.  Dollar value, again, is 100% irrelevant as to whether people regard the Dallas team as "theirs" if they are not from that area. Nobody chooses their team based on its net asset value.  That one is horrible reasoning, so I advise you to drop that element of your attempted argument.  As for Prime time games...   you don't think Jerry Jones has any influence?  Come on dude.  Be real.  The point is that Dallas fans (gneralization) have a way overinflated view of how the rest of the country regards that team.  It is really very funny.  

Agree. I've been on numerous Eagle roadtrips and I can tell you that everytime there has been at least 10,000+ Eagle Fans there, more at most venues. Sometimes we've outnumber our opponents fanbase. That DOESN'T happen in Philly. You hardly see any opposing teams fans at an Eagle game. Not in Dallas though. There were TONS of Eagle fans at the Cowboy's home game.

3 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Agree. I've been on numerous Eagle roadtrips and I can tell you that everytime there has been at least 10,000+ Eagle Fans there, more at most venues. Sometimes we've outnumber our opponents fanbase. That DOESN'T happen in Philly. You hardly see any opposing teams fans at an Eagle game. Not in Dallas though. There were TONS of Eagle fans at the Cowboy's home game.

yup, and this is going nowhere.  Nobody can convince the Cowboys fans that this "Americas Team" thingie is, has always been and will likely always be a terrific marketing strategy.  Well done by the Cowboys PR department decades ago.  They will never acknowledge that it's not real and the Cowboys are not a majority favorite around the country by any stretch of the imagination.  But those Cowboys fans have quite an imagination.  They get credit for that.  America's team?  They are not even Texas's team.  

It's pretty easy to make yourself "America's team" when networks and media flood the market with your product. They've been doing it since the 70's. It's no surprise they have such a wide spread fanbase. I applaud the fact that they've marketed so well, but that hardly makes them "America's team."

On 1/8/2020 at 11:32 AM, whomper said:

Ha !  I live in NJ. I know plenty of Jets fans . They are loyal . I was just twisting dcats titties. He obviously isnt the type to have some fun with on the boards 

I haven't lived in NY since 1998.  I am just a gluton for titty twisters.

3 hours ago, rajncajn said:

It's pretty easy to make yourself "America's team" when networks and media flood the market with your product. They've been doing it since the 70's. It's no surprise they have such a wide spread fanbase. I applaud the fact that they've marketed so well, but that hardly makes them "America's team."

They've become a gimmick. If I was a Cowboys fan I'd be turned off by that. I want a football team, not a dam Circus that goes town to town picking up new degenerates along the way. I'm so glad that I belong to a real fanbase that bleeds green and poops stars. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Again, why would the networks flood you with Cowboys games ? Demand .

16 hours ago, League_Champion said:

They've become a gimmick. If I was a Cowboys fan I'd be turned off by that. I want a football team, not a dam Circus that goes town to town picking up new degenerates along the way. I'm so glad that I belong to a real fanbase that bleeds green and poops stars. 

Being a fan of a hard luck team doesn't make you a better fan as those who are fans of teams that have had overall success. I have been a Cowboys fan since I was a child  . No matter how many years it has been since they have won a SB , I have never waivered in my support . I have had the pleasure of watching 4 super bowl wins( too young to watch 72) It is a loyal fan base  . How else would you explain them still being Americas team with such a long SB drought ? :usa:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, whomper said:

Again, why would the networks flood you with Cowboys games ? Demand .

I agree, it's popularity. But you also have to admit that popularity was manufactured and it started in the 70's when the Cowboys were actually a good team. They were much better marketed and we're smart enough to get in the pockets of the networks early and as I said, the more exposure you have the more fans you gain. You didn't become a fan of Dallas because you have any ties to the team. You became a fan because that's what you were exposed to and you were drawn to the product they were putting on and off the field. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's still manufactured, just like the name.

Edited by rajncajn

1 hour ago, whomper said:

How else would you explain them still being Americas team with such a long SB drought ? :usa:

The Saints are the "Black and Gold" and "Who Dat Nation." You can call yourself whatever you want, but that doesn't make it a real thing. It's just a name you gave yourself. Every NFL team is America's Team, none any more than the other because it is America's game. Having more fans, if you actually do, doesn't make one team moreso America's team than the other. What happens when another team has more fans than Dallas, which likely won't happen for the reason I gave in the other post, are you then going to give up that name? I doubt it. 

47 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I agree, it's popularity. But you also have to admit that popularity was manufactured and it started in the 70's when the Cowboys were actually a good team. They were much better marketed and we're smart enough to get in the pockets of the networks early and as I said, the more exposure you have the more fans you gain. You didn't become a fan of Dallas because you have any ties to the team. You became a fan because that's what you were exposed to and you were drawn to the product they were putting on and off the field. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's still manufactured, just like the name.

I was brainwashed by my older brother to like all of the teams he liked. It has been great on the Cowboys end..Not so much on the Baltimore Orioles end :lol:   Like I said earlier . Americas team is an empty title. I get that . Clever marketing ? agree , but there is something to be said for not winning a title since the 90s and keeping that fan base and popularity

3 hours ago, whomper said:

Being a fan of a hard luck team doesn't make you a better fan as those who are fans of teams that have had overall success. I have been a Cowboys fan since I was a child  . No matter how many years it has been since they have won a SB , I have never waivered in my support . I have had the pleasure of watching 4 super bowl wins( too young to watch 72) It is a loyal fan base  . How else would you explain them still being Americas team with such a long SB drought ? :usa:

Bandwagoners perhaps?

21 minutes ago, whomper said:

there is something to be said for not winning a title since the 90s and keeping that fan base and popularity.

Turn on ESPN and it's not hard to understand why. Dallas can be in last place in the NFL and they STILL will dominate air time. When you don't even have to win in order to get that kind of exposure it's not really difficult to stay popular. Take, for instance, the infamous owner of the Dallas Cowboys. The vast majority of NFL fans couldn't tell you who 90% of the NFL owners are outside of their own team, but everyone knows who Jerry Jones is. Does that mean Jerry is the most popular? Does it mean he's the most liked by fans? No, it just means he gets way more exposure than any other owner.

• Like 1