[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hey Ravens.....

Menudo

The Bengals put on quite an air show. Palmer had his best game yet behind an O-line that did very well vs. that tough Raven D.

I don't think I've ever seen the Bengals come back from 20-3 in the second half on the road. And its the first road win vs a team with a winning record in something like 15 years.

In Marvin we trust!

This is a team that could easily be 11-2 with wins over the Browns, Chiefs, Eagles and Bengals. The Browns suck, be we sucked more that day. The Chiefs and Bengals where very close and the Eagles where kind of close.

Having said that, this is not the Ravens we've come to expect. The Ravens of 2000 and last year would have put those teams away, winning 3 or those 4. Even the 2001 Ravens would have won 2 or 3 or those.

We've got our work cut out for us now. We need the Broncos to lose, the Steelers to win over Jacksonville and to get healthy. Most importantly, we HAVE to beat Indy or Pittsburgh on the road and hope that 10-6 is good enough to get in. Save for a great win against Pittsburgh and a good road win over the Jets, the Ravens have been very average this year.

Too many injuries, too many underperformers (Chris McAllister BLOWS) and just too many bad performances.

I still believe that I won't have to watch the Steelers in the Super Bowl this year (New England will go), so all is not lost.

Oh, :D Steelers still suck. :D

Oh to be a Ravens fan right now.  :doah:

594557[/snapback]

It is tough to watch your team loose. The Ravens have played like total crap for the last 3 halfs of football. However, due to their strong play against the Jets, Steelers, Cowboys, Bills, Skins and one of their two games against the Browns, they are still in playoff contention.

And if the Steelers can actually win on the road against a quality team tonight, the Ravens will still be in a wildcard spot - at least for now.

And regardless of what happens over the next few weeks, it is always great to be a Ravens fan :D

Edited by justin

It is tough to watch your team loose.  The Ravens have played like total crap for the last 3 halfs of football.  However, due to their strong play against the Jets, Steelers, Cowboys, Bills, Skins and one of their two games against the Browns, they are still in playoff contention.

And if the Steelers can actually win on the road against a quality team tonight, the Ravens will still be in a wildcard spot - at least for now.

And regardless of what happens over the next few weeks, it is always great to be a Ravens fan :D

594762[/snapback]

Until the Steelers get a ring (at least one anyone over 30 can remember), then it will always be better being a Ravens fan.

If we can pull out a playoff berth and get healthy, we're going to be a tough team to beat this year. It not, we're going to be even tougher next year.

Thanks for taking out Jacksonville last night Steelers, here's wishing a one and out in the playoffs. :D

How about that Ravens defense?  Up by 20 at home in the second half, and lose?  Ray Ray needs to sharpen his knife if the Ravens are going to survive down the stretch..

594272[/snapback]

How about those Titans? Get a ring, then you can back those words up. Otherwise, put your Jeff Fischer 'two by four' type post on the shelf.

F'n Titans fans getting mouthy when their team is in the tank, their QB is ready to quit and all they have to look forward to is the nice draft pick they've 'earned'.

This is a team that could easily be 11-2 with wins over the Browns, Chiefs, Eagles and Bengals.

594555[/snapback]

:D at that sentence. The SF 49ers could bet 12 -0 with wins over ATL, NO, SEA, STL, NYJ, CHI, SEA, CAR, TB, MIA, and STL.

Get a ring....

It's OK to live in the past, as long as you don't go back past 2000 :D

Silly Raven's fans.

It's OK to live in the past, as long as you don't go back past 2000  :D

Silly Raven's fans.

595661[/snapback]

It's absolutely okay to live in the past - to a degree. As a sports fan, there is about a 5 year grace period in which if your team wins a championship - you can't really complain.

It's absolutely okay to live in the past - to a degree.  As a sports fan, there is about a 5 year grace period in which if your team wins a championship - you can't really complain.

595677[/snapback]

I love Ravens fans. Out of all the fans out there their football insight is absolutely amazing. I have not laughed harder then reading every Raven fan post in this thread. Wow :D

Edited by Grimm74

It's absolutely okay to live in the past - to a degree.  As a sports fan, there is about a 5 year grace period in which if your team wins a championship - you can't really complain.

595677[/snapback]

Then next year it will be a 6 year grace period, then 7, then 8, etc :D

:D at that sentence.  The SF 49ers could bet 12 -0 with wins over ATL, NO, SEA, STL, NYJ, CHI, SEA, CAR, TB, MIA, and STL.

595661[/snapback]

I don't think anyone will argue that the Ravens are a better team than the Browns and should have won that game (had we the heart that week). We lost to the Eagles by 5, the Chiefs by 3 and the Bengals by 1. 9 more points could have been 3 more wins is all I'm saying. It's less than the 17 we beat Pittsburgh by. Anyone who remembers those games and read my post would realize I'm trying to show the Ravens inability to win games they normally would win.

Then next year it will be a 6 year grace period, then 7, then 8, etc  :D

595936[/snapback]

LOL @ Steelers fans not seeing a big difference between 4 years ago and what, 24 years ago? Less than half a decade vs a quarter century. The main difference is that there are still many Ravens from our last championship playing while the majority of the Steelers last championship team are on medicare.

If the Steelers win the Super Bowl this year, then I'll bow down and eat crow (or Raven). However, I expect that if the Steelers do not win it all, there will be other reasons besides the Steelers inability to blame. Guys like Menudo are excluded from this as when the Steelers lost to the Ravens, he (and others in the sig line bet) didn't blame anything but the Steelers poor play.

Besides, you Steeler fans owe us Ravens a big thank you. Had we not injured Turnover Tommy, you may be calling him Big Bench.

Besides, you Steeler fans owe us Ravens a big thank you.  Had we not injured Turnover Tommy, you may be calling him Big Bench.

595980[/snapback]

We would have given you a big thank you if you had beaten the Pats. Instead you let them hand your arses to you.

Is that just a State law, or is it Federal? B)

595712[/snapback]

I love Ravens fans. Out of all the fans out there their football insight is absolutely amazing. I have not laughed harder then reading every Raven fan post in this thread. Wow :D

595747[/snapback]

Then next year it will be a 6 year grace period, then 7, then 8, etc  :D

595936[/snapback]

Actually, it is a theory created by (out of all the fans out there) a Patriots fan. The five year - no gripping rule as described by the Boston Sports Guy: Bill Simmons. I can't take credit for amusing you.

Five year gripe rule - by Bill Simmons

After my Patriots reached the Promised Land (Feb. 3, 2002), I unveiled a new favorite sentiment: "That's all right, we won the Super Bowl." Those eight words have remained a personal mantra for the past two seasons, even as I continued to follow the team with the intensity of Andrew Shue reading a cue card. A 99-0 defeat to the Dolphins wouldn't faze me. It's like I'd ODed on happy pills. Deep down, I wondered if I'd ever care as much about football again. How can you top climbing Mt. Everest for the first time?

I like Simmons and often read his articles - he really hit the nail on the head with this article. Many of the Steelers fans around these parts may not be able to agree with Simmons point here, but that's understandable considering it's been quite a long time......