[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TO compares himself to Jesus

1stimer

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a blasphemous pig!

888221[/snapback]

1stimer...

While I am no fan of TO, he was not "comparing himself to Jesus in a "I'm that great" type of way. He was saying that who is he to care what or complain about what people think of him when a man as great as Jesus was treated the the way he was and didn't complain. SO...TO is not going to care about what people think about him.

Of course anytime someone mentions JC in any context they are setting themselves up for criticism. :doah:

this article gets more to the point of TO's problems keeping his mouth closed! :D

Link

Edited by T-Scorp

1stimer...

While I am no fan of TO, he was not "comparing himself to Jesus in a "I'm that great" type of way.  He was saying that who is he to care what or complain about what people think of him when a man as great as Jesus was treated the the way he was and didn't complain. SO...TO is not going to care about what people think about him.

Of course anytime someone mentions JC in any context they are setting themselves up for criticism.    :doah:

888234[/snapback]

I do see what you are saying to some extent, but people are complaining about him wanting more money ... and never once did Jesus do that ....

just further proof that TO speaks before he thinks ... there are plenty of other examples of people who don't care what others think that he could have used which would have been far less harmful for his all important image.

I would like to personally punch TO in the face. For those who live outside of the Philadelphia area, this TO story is interesting. For those of us that have to hear it every day, it is getting old. I would like to recall my initial statement actualy.... I would LOVE to puch Drew Rosenhaus in the face repeatedly until it looks like a throbbing mound of roadkill. Then I would slap TO like a little girl dog. Whether TO comes to camp, or plays this season at all, the damage has been done and it is going to be a rocky season.

1stimer...

While I am no fan of TO, he was not "comparing himself to Jesus in a "I'm that great" type of way.  He was saying that who is he to care what or complain about what people think of him when a man as great as Jesus was treated the the way he was and didn't complain. SO...TO is not going to care about what people think about him.

Of course anytime someone mentions JC in any context they are setting themselves up for criticism.    :doah:

888234[/snapback]

I agree - it seems like this quote it really being misinterpreted.

Mentioning Jesus is just a lightning rod, though.

I would like to personally punch TO in the face. For those who live outside of the Philadelphia area, this TO story is interesting. For those of us that have to hear it every day, it is getting old. I would like to recall my initial statement actualy.... I would LOVE to puch Drew Rosenhaus in the face repeatedly until it looks like a throbbing mound of roadkill. Then I would slap TO like a little girl dog. Whether TO comes to camp, or plays this season at all, the damage has been done and it is going to be a rocky season.

888247[/snapback]

:D Are you freaking serious? You do realize you don't actually KNOW T.O., right? You understand it's Lurie's money he wants, not yours, right?

I just don't get how people like Scourge here get so riled up about this situation. T.O. is worth more than he's getting paid. And if you don't understand holdouts, then you just don't understand the NFL CBA.

T.O. is worth more than he's getting paid.

888444[/snapback]

I don't know if I agree with this statement.

Do you realize that only ONCE in the last SIX years, has Owens played a full 16 games. And although his salary this year isn't "premier", you cannot discount the bonus money he received LAST year for signing. That money does not only apply to last year. It was given to him to guarantee him money for signing the contract. Everybody acts like that money doesn't count anymore.

Edited by CaptainHook

:D Are you freaking serious? You do realize you don't actually KNOW T.O., right? You understand it's Lurie's money he wants, not yours, right?

I just don't get how people like Scourge here get so riled up about this situation. T.O. is worth more than he's getting paid. And if you don't understand holdouts, then you just don't understand the NFL CBA.

888444[/snapback]

I am a season ticket holder for the Eagles. Therefore I have a right to compain about anything I want since my money is in part what is going to pay for anything the organization spends money on, including player contracts.

Second, you know Owens just signed his contract last year right? Do you realize that in NFL contracts, the second year is always a low-paying year to the player the way contracts are structured? Do you know how much Peyton Manning is getting paid this season? If not, look it up and you will be suprized to see that figure.

Owens only played one year of his seven year contract so far, and looking at the numbers over the first three years of the contract will be paid an average of $7 a year which is the third highest in the NFL behind Moss and Harrison.

All this considered, have you ever heard of a player signing a contract and then holding out the following year? That is rediculous. What happened is, Rosenhaus got in his ear and told him he was worth more, TO believed he could get him more, he was wrong. He is salty that he is only, ONLY, making 3.25 million this season in guaranteed money. And like I said, that is normal for the second year of any contract.

By the way, Peyton Manning is making $665,000 this season.

I understand holdouts, I do not understand what makes TO think he can do so to restructure his contract after one year of signing it. I also don't understand why he thinks the Eagles would even consider the notion.

If TO holds out for the season, he does not get paid and is still held to the Eagles under his 2005 contract for 2006, so I am sure he will join the team at some point. but, he is rediculous and needs to be slapped around. Why shouldn't I be the one to do it?

888444[/snapback]

eh, i disagree. TO signed a contract that basically recognized him as one of the top WRs in the game. he performed to the level of his contract, as far as i'm concerned. his situation isn't comparable to a mid-round draft pick coming in and lighting it up and then wanting out of his rookie contract. TO was a known commodity, he signed the best contract he could get, and then he played up to the level everyone hoped and assumed he would.

i liked this part of that article...

"Where we stand is there’s no change in their position,” Rosenhaus said. “In my discussions with them, they’ve maintained their stance. We’re weighing our options.”

Rosenhaus also told the AP on Wednesday that Green Bay receiver Javon Walker, another one of his clients, will be a no-show at training camp next week unless the Packers agree to give the Pro Bowl receiver a big pay raise or trade him.

Rosenhaus said it was unfair to compare the two star receivers’ money disputes.

“Every situation is different and you can never correlate the two scenarios,” he said.

yeah, their situations are different...except they've both got the same douchebag agent.

Do you realize that only ONCE in the last SIX years, has Owens played a full 16 games.  And although his salary this year isn't "premier", you cannot discount the bonus money he received LAST year for signing.  That money does not only apply to last year.  It was given to him to guarantee him money for signing the contract.  Everybody acts like that money doesn't count anymore.

888477[/snapback]

Exactly Hook. And one other thing. TO DID NOT help the Eagles get to the Super Bowl. Their record over the last 4 years has been:

2004 - 13-3

2003 - 12-4

2002 - 12-4

2001 - 11-5

The only time TO played during this entire 4 year period of time was the 1st 15 weeks of 2004, he has not played in one playoff game with the eagles. Last year the most he can be credited with is helping them win 13 games because they were 13-1 in the 15 games he played in. But that's not that big of a deal either because they had won the division 3 years running prior to TO's arrival and they won both of their playoff games WITHOUT TO. Then, despite his good play in the Super Bowl they still didn't win it.

So how on earth can he come in and not help them accomplish anything more than they were able to accomplish prior to his arrival and then think he deserves more money?

I understand the hold out process, if he thinks he can get more money he has the right to try. But say that's what you are doing, don't be one of, if not the, highest paid player at your position and pretend that you are being underpaid.

The guy blamed his situation in SF on everyone but himself and now 1 year into his new beginning, here he is again. Is this still Garcia's fault?

Do you realize that only ONCE in the last SIX years, has Owens played a full 16 games.  And although his salary this year isn't "premier", you cannot discount the bonus money he received LAST year for signing.  That money does not only apply to last year.  It was given to him to guarantee him money for signing the contract.  Everybody acts like that money doesn't count anymore.

888477[/snapback]

Agreed ... nobody remembers the signing bonus except for when the contract is announced ... problem is the players EDIT:TO NOT INCLUDE ALL PLAYERS ... some players (mainly those associated with Drew "I saved a little boy and am the greatest" Rosenhaus) want all their money now. Does a player really think if he is in the top 5 at his position the team is gonna just let him go and not pay him? I sure it may happen but that is not the norm. That sure would suck if I only had to make $500k this year. :D

eh, i disagree.  TO signed a contract that basically recognized him as one of the top WRs in the game.  he performed to the level of his contract, as far as i'm concerned.  his situation isn't comparable to a mid-round draft pick coming in and lighting it up and then wanting out of his rookie contract.  TO was a known commodity, he signed the best contract he could get, and then he played up to the level everyone hoped and assumed he would.

i liked this part of that article...

yeah, their situations are different...except they've both got the same douchebag agent.

888585[/snapback]

Am I the only person who somewhat admires Rosenhaus? I mean, this guy gets players PAID. What he did with Portis's deal after his rookie year was amazing. (someone correct me if Rosenhaus wasn't Portis's agent on that deal, but I think he was). Why wouldn't Rosenhaus do what he's been doing? He's the best, and until something happens to make him change his ways (ie Philly not pay Owens and not trade him), players are going to want to work with the best agent. This guy makes more than a lot of marquee players. He's a machine.

This thing is going to get blown way out of proportion.

T.O. is "holding out" to avoid training camp like so many players seem to feel they have the right to do.

During this time he will have ample opportunity to make comments to decrease his popularity, but none will have the effect of the Jesus comparison.

He will suit up and play just like normal when the season starts, and after he catches a couple of Td passes in week one all this will probably be forgotten.

T.O. is not a bad guy. He is just an idiot.