[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A Red Lobster experience

Furd

If your in-laws whip out a Red Lobster gift card and insist on taking you there for lunch, its a good time for your trick back to go out. If you can't pull that off, flee.

Godawful stuff.

Its been about 5 hours, and I can still smell and taste butter. It will be exuding from my pores for a week.

If your in-laws whip out a Red Lobster gift card and insist on taking you there for lunch, its a good time for your trick back to go out. If you can't pull that off, flee.

Godawful stuff.

Its been about 5 hours, and I can still smell and taste butter. It will be exuding from my pores for a week.

What really sucks is that might be one of the best restaurants left in Detroit . . . . :wacko:

The closest one to me is still about a 20 minute drive away.

It got a total facelift about 8yrs ago, and it's quite busy and the food is generally good. That said, we never seek it out and I would make a lousy living as a food critic. Caveat emptor.

Start off with the cheddar biscuits. Although they are small, each weighs about half a pound. I believe that they are soaked in a tub of melted butter. The napkin that lined the bottom of the basket was saturated with grease by just three little biscuits. The oil was wicking up the side of the napkin.

Crab cakes next. They look fine on the outside. The insides are really moist and buttery, not much texture. The bottom of the dish is slick with oil. The "roumelade" is remarkably similar to thousand island dressing.

The garlic shrimp is soaked in garlic butter. You can't taste the shrimp.

The tilapia in the parmesan crusted tilapia is - you guessed it - soaked in butter. Its kinda shaped like tilpia. But you can't taste the fish. It could be a piece of gelatin for all I know. A pool of oil on the plate when I'm done.

Wood grilled lobster tail next. I'm concerned about it being cooked properly. It was cooked properly. But they basted the thing with butter. There was butter pooling on the inside of the shell. I didn't even think about using the cup of butter they brought with it. Overall, the tail wasn't that bad - the smokiness masked the sweetness of the butter.

Vile may be more accurate than god-awful.

I kinda dig red lobster. my daughter apparently loves popcorn shrimp. last time I was there I got some seafood bake thing with a bunch of crab legs (which were fine), some shrimp (very nice actually) and scallops (meh). time before that, I got the steak oscar, which is a perfectly fine NY strip, cooked the way I asked for it, slathered in bernaise with big chunks of crab and lobster. I'm sure it's a million calories, but by god it was pretty freaking delicious. caesar salad was a fine caesar salad, lobster pizza app was surprisingly good. those cheese biscuits are a little salty for my taste, but pretty damn good. I just haven't found much to take issue with the times I've been in the last few years. :wacko:

This is either the first time you've ever heard of Red Lobster or the first time you've ate at a chain restaurant. :tup:

I can't wait until your hard hitting commentary pending your parents having a gift card to Denny's or Applebees. The nachos were too greasy, and didn't have the 'Au naturel' touch on the sour cream. :wacko:

Edited by bushwacked

Love me some Red Lobster! Biscuits, caesar salad, garlic skrimps and crab legs...What a winning combination! The next night- all you can eat salad and breadsticks at the Olive Garden. :wacko:

Start off with the cheddar biscuits. Although they are small, each weighs about half a pound. I believe that they are soaked in a tub of melted butter. The napkin that lined the bottom of the basket was saturated with grease by just three little biscuits. The oil was wicking up the side of the napkin.

Crab cakes next. They look fine on the outside. The insides are really moist and buttery, not much texture. The bottom of the dish is slick with oil. The "roumelade" is remarkably similar to thousand island dressing.

The garlic shrimp is soaked in garlic butter. You can't taste the shrimp.

The tilapia in the parmesan crusted tilapia is - you guessed it - soaked in butter. Its kinda shaped like tilpia. But you can't taste the fish. It could be a piece of gelatin for all I know. A pool of oil on the plate when I'm done.

Wood grilled lobster tail next. I'm concerned about it being cooked properly. It was cooked properly. But they basted the thing with butter. There was butter pooling on the inside of the shell. I didn't even think about using the cup of butter they brought with it. Overall, the tail wasn't that bad - the smokiness masked the sweetness of the butter.

Vile may be more accurate than god-awful.

I don't typically eat all that other stuff. I usually go straight to the lobster tail and King Crab Legs. Those aren't soaked in butter at all. You do get a bowl of melted butter on the side to dip as you so please.

Love me some Red Lobster! Biscuits, caesar salad, garlic skrimps and crab legs...What a winning combination! The next night- all you can eat salad and breadsticks at the Olive Garden. :wacko:

And this is all you really need to know right here.

I'd rather eat Captain D's or Long John Silvers. I haven't eaten at a RL in several years, and then only when someone else is buying.

I am going to have to say that I like RL better than the Olive Garden. I know they are run by the same company but I am going to toss two others out there that are also run by the same and say that I like them both better than RL and OG and they are Bahama Breeze and Long Horn.

Still there really is nothing special about any of them and I would rather eat at PF Changs any day of the week.

:wacko: