[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I did a bad, bad, thing...

Phat1

Okay, here's the story. Tonight, my boss's stepdaughter got married. She just happenned to marry the younger brother of my highschool sweetheart. She was at the wedding, and at this very moment, is asleep in my bedroom.

Now, I am the reason that she and her last boyfriend called off their engagement. Her current boyfriend has been calling my cell for the last hour or so asking where she is. So, basically I am asking, WHAT THE HELL DO I DO?

Honestly, I'm looking for some voice of reason to tell me that this is just a one night stand. But, she went into a whole speech about moving back here just to be with me, and I'm little drunk right now so it sounds like a great idea. I won't lie, even though I have a girlfriend, this is the only girl I have ever seen myself marrying. We hit it off like we were back in high school, and it was like we had never broken up.

All I need is a little Huddle advice on this. I know this isn't about keepers or who I should draft at what position, but over the years I've learned that a lot of you guys and gals are pretty smart about this stuff so I'm asking for help.

Basically, it comes down to this:

A) I cook her some breakfast and tell her it was a big mistake.

or

:D We sit down and talk about this, and actually consider getting back together.

As of right now, I am all for getting back together, because as strange as it seems, I still love the girl even though we've been apart for 7 years.

Either way, I'm facing a pretty difficult conversation with my current girlfriend about what happenned tonight.

I just need a little advice so any help would be appreciated.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one that only you can answer. The question you have to answer is why you and her continue to have a connection after so long, one that evidently is pretty strong on her side if she dumped a fiance because of it.

All I would recommend is make you mind up fast and get through the fallout. I would imagine you have already made a decision to dump your current girlfriend or you would not have done what you did. So it seems you need to be very real with yourself what your emotions and intentions are.

Even if it means taking some time off from everyone, do it. But get your head completely screwed on before doing anything in the interest of yourself and the others.

Good luck - you gotta figure this one out. Only you have all the knowledge to make a decision.

Wow, tough one- all I can say is follow your heat, listen to the voice in you head. AND most imprtantly, think this over rationally after the fact, sober. What seems all good one night, ain't necesarily good in the next few days. Kinda fun though, isn't it?

make sure this isn't just a throw down......feels good now but you may be setting up a hugh mistake...not to mention two other people will be crushed.......what ages we talkin here ??????? good-luck no matter what Phat........

I love this kinda stuff.

1. tap it

2. follow your gut

One question though -- why did you break up in the first place? It's easy to slide back into a "comfort zone" with an ex, where you basically replay all the fun honeymoon stages early on, but then, over time, you end up having the same problems that caused you to break up the first time.

I guess ultimately the question is if this girl is so right for you, and you are so crazy about her, why did you break up in the first place?

O

You and she have both changed alot since those immature carefree high school days. But everybody looks back at the idyllic time and wants to recapature it. Would it be the same now? I doubt it, but it might be even better. Do yall live in the same town where you could rekindle the relationship? Is this just a fling brought on by old high school memories? If its me, I would be hitting both of them as often as possible and sort out the rest later.

Okay, here's the story. Tonight, my boss's stepdaughter got married. She just happenned to marry the younger brother of my highschool sweetheart. She was at the wedding, and at this very moment, is asleep in my bedroom.

Now, I am the reason that she and her last boyfriend called off their engagement. Her current boyfriend has been calling my cell for the last hour or so asking where she is. So, basically I am asking, WHAT THE HELL DO I DO?

Honestly, I'm looking for some voice of reason to tell me that this is just a one night stand. But, she went into a whole speech about moving back here just to be with me, and I'm little drunk right now so it sounds like a great idea. I won't lie, even though I have a girlfriend, this is the only girl I have ever seen myself marrying. We hit it off like we were back in high school, and it was like we had never broken up.

All I need is a little Huddle advice on this. I know this isn't about keepers or who I should draft at what position, but over the years I've learned that a lot of you guys and gals are pretty smart about this stuff so I'm asking for help.

Basically, it comes down to this:

A) I cook her some breakfast and tell her it was a big mistake.

or

:D We sit down and talk about this, and actually consider getting back together.

As of right now, I am all for getting back together, because as strange as it seems, I still love the girl even though we've been apart for 7 years.

Either way, I'm facing a pretty difficult conversation with my current girlfriend about what happenned tonight.

I just need a little advice so any help would be appreciated.

Alcohol involvement always leads to terriffic decision making. :D Was she drinking, too? She might just wake up and wonder, "What the fick was I thinking!?" Sounds like there is still some growing up to do. Good luck.

Edited by The Holy Roller

Invite current girlfriend over... when she walks in and sees you with your ex-girlfriend, invite her to join in the fun... if either girl sticks with you, your gold!

OK... sorry... just trying to live the dream through others here...

The one thing in your favor right now is that neither of you are married. That's not to say that you both won't be hurting your current boyfriend/girlfriend... but basically you both have already showed that neither of you are truly committed to them.

Which in essence means whether your ex-girlfriend and you end up together or not, it's probably the right time to end it with your current girlfriend.

Once that's done, take some time to find out if this girl really is the same girl that you remember her being, and also find out if that really does translate into the type of person that you could be with day in and day out for the rest of yoru life.

Good luck!

It's easier to love them when you are not currently living with them. When the conversation isn't the same old same old. When you look back and laugh at the good things from seven years ago.

Having said all that, as strong as it seems that you may feel about this woman makes me think that maybe you should get past the early stage and see how it all shakes out. It will suck for your current girlfriend and the dude that has been poking this one in the whiskers but if the feeling is that strong then probably the girlfriend that you have now isn't the right thing for you anyway.

I love this kinda stuff.

1. tap it

2. follow your gut

One question though -- why did you break up in the first place? It's easy to slide back into a "comfort zone" with an ex, where you basically replay all the fun honeymoon stages early on, but then, over time, you end up having the same problems that caused you to break up the first time.

I guess ultimately the question is if this girl is so right for you, and you are so crazy about her, why did you break up in the first place?

O

I think it is vital that the "why did we break up in the first place," be addressed. Because as this poster mentioned it will likely happen again if you two can't figure it out. 2nd...do you have any other past girl friends you have felt this way about? If so, I think you have an infidelity problem and alot of people are going to get hurt here. But if she has always been your soulmate and she thinks of you as her soulmate, then it is a match made in heaven...if you can hash out the problems that broke you both up in the past you will have a good chance in the future. In a relationship each person has their own control issues...if you can figure those out, (probably the same issues that caused the break up in the first place) share them and accept them about eachother you are on the right road. Good luck...true love is a wonderful thing!!!

The one thing in your favor right now is that neither of you are married. That's not to say that you both won't be hurting your current boyfriend/girlfriend... but basically you both have already showed that neither of you are truly committed to them.

Which in essence means whether your ex-girlfriend and you end up together or not, it's probably the right time to end it with your current girlfriend.

Once that's done, take some time to find out if this girl really is the same girl that you remember her being, and also find out if that really does translate into the type of person that you could be with day in and day out for the rest of yoru life.

Good luck!

Savage is wise.

Well to be honest, this sitaution is a keeper question.

I say keep her and if she ever starts going back to her old ways (AKA the reason you first broke up) think about waiving her :D

Well to be honest, this sitaution is a keeper question.

I say keep her and if she ever starts going back to her old ways (AKA the reason you first broke up) think about waiving her :D

This is assuming that Phat1 wasn't the player placed on waivers. :D

To me - it just seems that people are always hung up on highschool situations no matter how old you are.

Just make sure this isn't a trip down memory lane.

Pony up with the boyfriend. No matter what you do in life, always be a man first. If you've done something wrong, fess up to it.