[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Ultimate Mock Challenge #11 sign up

DMD

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like i'm going to win tourney.  3 of us left.  i have over 2 million in chips .....they have just over 200 thousand.  sweet.  75 free bucks.  its going to take 5 hours though.  whats that per hour????  not too good....lol.  free money is free money.  i'll take it.

910437[/snapback]

What, no entry into the 2006 WSOP?

who's picking for the dek? I still don't understand how you can sign up for a mock draft and bolt after the first day. He should never be allowed to join another mock. ever :D

What, no entry into the 2006 WSOP?

910440[/snapback]

i actually tried qualifying for this yrs a few times through qualifiers, missed out. maybe next yr. with the crazy amount of people in the field.....i'd actually rather try to win a qualifier into other major tourneys. i'm actually contemplating a move back to vegas in february as well.

i agree spain...oust that guy from the mock.

mason dmd??? couldn't you have found someone just a tad better......lol. just kidding. sorry i wasn't around to see my preselects all fell by the wayside.

why, on god's green earth, would you join a 16 team mock if yer already involved in two other drafts at the same time :D

910520[/snapback]

It takes all of 15 seconds to make a pick. It yer preselecting and you know what you're doung, you should be able to preselect a round in a minute or 2.

then again, maybe I'm impatient :D

It takes all of 15 seconds to make a pick.  It yer preselecting and you know what you're doung, you should be able to preselect a round in a minute or 2.

then again, maybe I'm impatient  :D

910529[/snapback]

I know I am. Can't ya tell? :D

:D

a defense in the 4th round?  :D

910082[/snapback]

Thought I had someone else higher on my preselects, oh well, what I wanted if my TE got taken, but obviously I had the def ranked higher on my preselect.

910088[/snapback]

Looks like chiefjay forgot to read 'Preparing for Disaster'

Looks like chiefjay forgot to read 'Preparing for Disaster'

910561[/snapback]

That said I would still feel comfortable with the team I have assembled thus far. I always like to have either a top TE or Defensive in this type of league, I feel I have that will the Defense. I clearly have the top QB, I would just need to mold my backs a bit. I think last year I picked up Kevin Jones late in the draft, picked up LJ towards the end of the year, both of them help carry me to my SB in my local, got a little lucky with LJ in the quarter finals, but I'll take it.

That said, my strategy is rarely to take a qb with my first pick, that's what threw me off a bit, usually I go RB/WR or RB/RB and then taking a TE or Def in rounds 3-7 isn't as costly and then get my qb down the road.

Honestly, I've only taken a qb once with my first pick, Culpepp a few years ago the year he was hurt for several weeks and I didn't do too well, so I don't have a lot of experience with drafts when I take a qb first.

Is that enough mumbo jumbo? :D

Anyways, the problem with these mocks is that you can't see how your team does throughout the year. :D

why, on god's green earth, would you join a 16 team mock if yer already involved in two other drafts at the same time :D

910520[/snapback]

The IDP mock didn't look like it was going to happen. It had been stagnant with 4 spots left to be filled and I was getting tired of recruiting. So I signed up for the 16-teamer because I had never done a league this size and actually have one coming up (G vs. E) so I needed to see how it plays out. Shortly after this one started, the IDP filled. The IBL draft is a super-slow draft, I don't have to really pay much attention to it.

What's held me up, inconceivably, has been work. Trying to get a project completed by 2pm and there's of course 11th hour BS that's festering. I'm keeping tabs on this mock, for sure... expect no delays over 10 minutes, if at all.

I'vew pre-drafted through Rd 11 - hope they all go through. If not, have DMD or someone fill in for me. I'll be leaving the office around 4:30 EST and will try to check in when I get home - got about 1 hour drive. Although, only have dial-up at home which works when it wants too. :D

If I'm holding things up, feel free to jump in - if not, I'll be back in the office by 7 AM tomorrow. :D:D