[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Ultimate Mock Challenge #11 sign up

DMD

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

Speaking of being out of SYNC... where the he|| is jay?  Was supposed to be home an hour ago... perhaps he got a flat and Michigan's Triple-A isn't as good as Puddy said.    :D

Edit:  Oh, there he is.  :D

909068[/snapback]

Ironically I work right across from AAA Mich headquarters. Can't complain, my rate actually went down $300 this year.

True.  But everyone in my local leagues always grab rb's early.  How do you combat those rb ho's in your local leagues?

909013[/snapback]

actually, that is a great question. maybe dmd can enlighten us on any theories he has. i guess what i've done is join them and hope for better results. if you can't beat them, join them. i do think where you draft shapes what you can do to some extent. perhaps going with the wr's in the second and third rounds and then following up with some darkhorse rb picks could work. i wouldn't be happy going into the season having warrick dunn and michael bennett as my number 1 and 2 rbs. plus personally, i am more comfortable taking chances on wr's in those mid rounds. you still get the likes of rod smith, issac bruce, driver....etc.

Here is the mock homepage at MFL

This will be a 16 team mock using standard performance scoring (no reception points).

Rosters: 2 QB, 5 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE, 2 PK, 2 DEF

Starting: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, PK and DEF

This is a great test of your skills and after this, a 12 team draft will seem to be stuffed with studs by comparison.

I will step in to keep it moving or obviously it could take a long time so please use preselects.

If you want a team, please post your email address and team name in this thread along with the spot you want.

Thanks and take a chance here to see what a team with no real depth is all about!

1 TheBigRed

2 loaf

3 wizards

4 rez

5 bookerb

6 brady's bunch

7 swampnuts

8 Stargazer

9 chiefjay

11 demonknight

12 darin3

13 18 inches

14 nogohawk

15 Spain

16 kennyg

907447[/snapback]

I will take #10 - theprofessor1@comcast.net / Team Name= Naked Bootleggers

actually, that is a great question.  maybe dmd can enlighten us on any theories he has.  i guess what i've done is join them and hope for better results.  if you can't beat them, join them.  i do think where you draft shapes what you can do to some extent.  perhaps going with the wr's in the second and third rounds and then following up with some darkhorse rb picks could work.  i wouldn't be happy going into the season having warrick dunn and michael bennett as my number 1 and 2 rbs.  plus personally, i am more comfortable taking chances on wr's in those mid rounds.  you still get the likes of rod smith, issac bruce, driver....etc.

909117[/snapback]

I think that in a 16 team draft the best way to go is to focus on upside. My rankings tend to shuffle around a little with that in mind, and they always shuffle depending on the number of teams in a league. Sure, I took Corey Doillon over a few other backs, but that was only because I had him ranked 4 positions higher than he fell to me at (basic rankings...not enough time to really adjust based on the somewhat unorthodox scoring). Upside was why I went for S Jax and Roy Williams.

Most people think in 12 team format. It's like doing math in base 10. It's just what's accepted as the norm. Strategy has to adapt around the competitive factors like this. You really need to search for and take difference makers in bigger leagues.

Strategy has to adapt around the competitive factors like this.  You really need to search for and take difference makers in bigger leagues.

909150[/snapback]

Meaning, be willing to reach? The talent pool is spread thin so putting the gem on your team is worth whatever it takes?

In other words, lead into tempation?

Meaning, be willing to reach? The talent pool is spread thin so putting the gem on your team is worth whatever it takes?

In other words, lead into tempation?

909165[/snapback]

Um, no. I rank my players in leagues based on the competitive factors in the league. If I have Steven Jackson ranked higher than Lamont Jordan, Curtis Martin, Chris Brown, and Daunte Culpepper, it isn't a reach to take him before those players.

We aren't talking about taking Larry Fitzgerald with the 33rd pick here.

Um, no.  I rank my players in leagues based on the competitive factors in the league.  If I have Steven Jackson ranked higher than Lamont Jordan, Curtis Martin, Chris Brown, and Daunte Culpepper, it isn't a reach to take him before those players.

We aren't talking about taking Larry Fitzgerald with the 33rd pick here.

909187[/snapback]

So you're reaching before the draft so you can justify it as a timely pick. Got it.

Who is this JJ Arrington that was taken so early? Haven't begun my research yet, but I do follow sportscenter every day. Did I miss this guy, Rookie I presume? Is Shipp that far back on the depth chart now?

Who is this JJ Arrington that was taken so early?  Haven't begun my research yet, but I do follow sportscenter every day.    Did I miss this guy, Rookie I presume?  Is Shipp that far back on the depth chart now?

909264[/snapback]

Rookie out of Cal. Rushed for 2000 yards last year for the Cal Bears. Already penciled in as the starter...

I would love to get in if its still available.

mroban2002@yahoo.com

Here is the mock homepage at MFL

This will be a 16 team mock using standard performance scoring (no reception points).

Rosters: 2 QB, 5 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE, 2 PK, 2 DEF

Starting: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, PK and DEF

This is a great test of your skills and after this, a 12 team draft will seem to be stuffed with studs by comparison.

I will step in to keep it moving or obviously it could take a long time so please use preselects.

If you want a team, please post your email address and team name in this thread along with the spot you want.

Thanks and take a chance here to see what a team with no real depth is all about!

1 purple84

2 loaf

3 wizards

4 rez

5 bookerb

6 brady's bunch

7 swampnuts

8 Stargazer

9 chiefjay

10 caveman nick

11 demonknight

12 darin3

13 18 inches

14 nogohawk

15 Spain

16 kennyg

907447[/snapback]

This reminds me of my local drafts where it gets around to some donkey that doesnt pay attention. Every round he has to be told that its his pick and he has no idea who has been taken or who he is going to take. People like that make the draft go twice as long as it should...

So you're reaching before the draft so you can justify it as a timely pick. Got it.

909256[/snapback]

:D

Did you even look at the draft? The example I gave had no basis in this draft, because most of the players I named went before Jackson. I am merely making a point regarding how to attack a 16 team draft.

Sorry to offend your 'Huddle Rankings Drone' sensibilities.