[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Grossman Down!

gilthorp

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense guys, but was Grossman really all that? I don't think the Bears are losing that much. :D Grossman has started 6 games as a pro and the Bears are learning another new offense this year. I don't think this sets tham back a ton.

What Hook says - it isn't that Grossman is the 2nd coming of Manning, it's that they don't know what they have; he certainly has the tools and intangibles to be something special.

Now they turn to Chad Hutchinson, who we KNOW is nothing special on the football field and sucks nuts even worse when he tries to sing Pearl Jam.

So is it time for the Bears to cut bait with Grossman?

I loved the kid's potential, but ol' Coach Chavez always sez "Ya can't help the club if you're always in the tub."

925012[/snapback]

Why the heck can't we have a quarterback who plays well and doesn't miss games? :D:D Other teams have this. Why can't we? I don't know whether to :D or :D about this.

Think about it - Three season-ending injuries in three years for Grossman (finger on throwing hand, knee, ankle). Un-dirty-word believable!

Yes, I think it is time for them to cut bait on Grossman.

Why the heck can't we have a quarterback who plays well and doesn't miss games?  :D  :D Other teams have this.  Why can't we?  I don't know whether to  :D or  :D about this.

Think about it - Three season-ending injuries in three years for Grossman (finger on throwing hand, knee, ankle).  Un-dirty-word believable! 

Yes, I think it is time for them to cut bait on Grossman.

925130[/snapback]

i believe if orton starts he will be like the 17th QB to start for the Bears since 1997.

i believe if orton starts he will be like the 17th QB to start for the Bears since 1997.

925132[/snapback]

The Colts went through a stretch like in the 80's through the early nineties. I know what you are going through.

925132[/snapback]

Actually, I think it's more like 13 QBs, but guys like S. Matthews, C. McNown & J. Miller rotated in & out a lot around 99-00, so I guess you could count them x2.

No offense guys, but was Grossman really all that?  I don't think the Bears are losing that much. :D Grossman has started 6 games as a pro and the Bears are learning another new offense this year.  I don't think this sets tham back a ton.

925061[/snapback]

He is...make that was supposed to be our qb of the future. :D

The thing that really should make the Bears fans cry is the stat that they put up for Bennie Friedmann Hall of Fame weekend (paraphrasing here, but the gist is correct) - "The 20 td passes he totaled in 1929 would have been enough to lead the Chicago Bears in that category 22 of the past 23 years."

One of our local wags, Cliff Christl, likes to say that Sid Luckman retired in 1950 and the Bears are still looking for his replacement.

925132[/snapback]

It is much worse. When Grossman started a couple of games late in 2003, he was the Bears' 23rd QB change in the last five years. He also played some in 2004, but so did Hutchinson, Krenzel and Quinn. So I guess that is 26 QB changes in the last six years.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

It is much worse.  When Grossman started a couple of games late in 2003, he was the Bears' 23rd QB change in the last five years.  He also played some in 2004, but so did Hutchinson, Krenzel and Quinn.  So I guess that is 26 QB changes in the last six years. 

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

925172[/snapback]

but isnt that changes. not how many different QBs.

They are idiots not to have picked up Brad Johnson. He looked good in Minnesota tonight and he's better than The Religious Nut Warner, Gay-bo Garcia, Throws into Coverage Dilfer, the Drunk (Kerry Collins), Holcomb... now they are stuck with ex-Bear Flutie?????

I repeat, they are idiots. How can you not be more cautious as a front office on the QB SPOT! All off-season I heard Grossman this, Grossman that, Muhsin Muhammed that, Cedric Benson/ Thomas Jones this... they are DPed; bent over logs; puckered; fuxxed 3 ways from sunday with no dinner... :D:D

For me, this is as bad as it gets.

I've stated that Grossman was never the answer (only because we've never seen him take a ton of snaps), but I would have at least liked to have seen this kid play at least half a season to show what he can do.

Just half a season is all I'm asking for...when some teams haven't even started their pre-season schedule, the Bears are staring at Chad Hutchinson as their starter.

Grossman, to me, is officially a bust, not because of a lack of talent or poor skills....but a bust nonetheless.

It was bad enough when the Bears had the worst offense in the league last year, but this QB thing keeps setting them back, and by the time it gets straightened out (if it ever does), the edge they'll have with their defensive players will be lost as their young kids remove their training wheels and become studs for other teams.

This is a downright, dirty, ugly, f'n mess.