[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Grossman Down!

gilthorp

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are idiots not to have picked up Brad Johnson. He looked good in Minnesota tonight and he's better than The Religious Nut Warner, Gay-bo Garcia, Throws into Coverage Dilfer, the Drunk (Kerry Collins), Holcomb... now they are stuck with ex-Bear Flutie?????

I repeat, they are idiots. How can you not be more cautious as a front office on the QB SPOT! All off-season I heard Grossman this, Grossman that, Muhsin Muhammed that, Cedric Benson/ Thomas Jones this... they are DPed; bent over logs; puckered; fuxxed 3 ways from sunday with no dinner... :D  :D

925201[/snapback]

Since you think they're idiots, I have no doubt you'd fit right in at that organization.

What are you, 14?

Now I'm curious, so I looked it up. Bears starting QBs since 1997, with games started per season, below...kinda makes you with Bob Avellini was still around:

1997    E. Kramer     13        R. Mirer       31998    E. Kramer      8        S. Stenstrom   7        M. Moreno      11999    S. Matthews    7        C. McNown      6        J. Miller      32000    S. Matthews    5        C. McNown      9        J. Miller      22001    S. Matthews    3        J. Miller     132002    J. Miller      8        H. Burris      1        C. Chandler    72003    C. Chandler    6        K. Stewart     7        R. Grossman    32004    R. Grossman    3        C. Hutchinson  5        C. Krenzel     5        J. Quinn       3

I just got back from the game, too bad for Grossman, they should have taken him out sooner. All of the Rams starters were gone by the beginning of the 2nd quarter.

925255[/snapback]

Catch22---double edged sword....whatever you want to call it. He was moving the ball, making plays, and as far as I'm concerned, Grossman is/was an injury waiting to happen. If not today, then next week, or at some point in time during the year.

Season one: a few games, and a thumb injury that put him on the shelf.

Season two: a few games, 1 TD pass, 1 TD run that he got hurt for the year on.

Season three: Oops...there is no season three.

Cut bait, because I'm not buying any of this crap next year, and I'm a very reasonable fan.

Catch22---double edged sword....whatever you want to call it. He was moving the ball, making plays, and as far as I'm concerned, Grossman is/was an injury waiting to happen. If not today, then next week, or at some point in time during the year.

Season one: a few games, and a thumb injury that put him on the shelf.

Season two: a few games, 1 TD pass, 1 TD run that he got hurt for the year on.

Season three: Oops...there is no season three.

Cut bait, because I'm not buying any of this crap next year, and I'm a very reasonable fan.

925263[/snapback]

You're probably right, the Bears fans behind me were talking about how fragile he is.

Guest THEbigred

Kinda feel bad for him, but can't help but laugh a little. What's FT got that he aint got??

"Fragile Rex" just doesn't roll off the tongue like "Fragile Freddy" though.

Oh well not like any Bears were exactly high on my list and IMO could be a blessing in disguise if Orton continues to impress.

I wouldn't be crying too much yet. I'd bump Orton up and prep him to be the guy. Rex was no NFL veteran himself. Orton has had a helluva lot more playing time over the past two years. He's got talent and the team is full of young guys already. I agree with all above that Hutchinson doesn't have it.

Their division is weak overall, so put Orton, Benson, Jones, Bradley and Old Man Moose out there. I'd expect Orton to be better than expected.

Why would you go out and sign a stop-gap veteran like Vinny or George, when Rex may never turn into the golden boy? Why go with a one year plan when Orton could emerge into a great QB? He's got just as much potential.

Here's Angelo after the game, after Coach Smith announced that Hutch is the #1.

"We're going with the hand we dealt ourselves," Angelo said. "The good news is we have one month until the opener and [offensive coordinator] Ron Turner is here. We have confidence in him. [As for Grossman,] if we're contingent on one player we didn't built this team to win. It's a tough blow, but we'll get through it."

Yeah, sure....we'll get through it, just as long as your ass in on a truck at the end of this year.

Did he watch Chad last year??? His first start, against the Vikings was pretty good, with 3 TD's....and then 1 TD in the following 4 games. 23 sacks and 8 fumbles in 5 games. Now, some of that goes on the OL, but some of it doesn't.

I need some Pepto.

Kinda feel bad for him, but can't help but laugh a little.  What's FT got that he aint got??

"Fragile Rex" just doesn't roll off the tongue like "Fragile Freddy" though.

Oh well not like any Bears were exactly high on my list and IMO could be a blessing in disguise if Orton continues to impress.

925320[/snapback]

So Rex = Trent Green and Orton = Warner? :D

you guys are looking at this the wrong way. throw in orton, you know they will at some point. if he ain't got the game for this level, tank the yr, get the number 1 draft pick and take matt leinert. whats one more season, really....were chicago fans. we have endured worse. :D

i'm very happy that someone snaked the bears qb on me in 32 homers now. :D

i'm very sad that i have both benson and mushmouth in same league.

:D

i do think its imperative to get benson signed asap now for the bears organization. the fans will need to be appeased and have something to cheer about.