[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stephen Davis

Primetime9287

Anyone believe this...

(KFFL) KFFL has learned Carolina Panthers RB Stephen Davis (knee), who has been working with the first-team offense during practice this week, will be the team's opening day starter for the regular season if his surgically repaired knee continues to hold up. Davis has reportedly looked sharp in contact drills, though he hasn't taken a massive hit yet.

Anyone believe this...

(KFFL) KFFL has learned Carolina Panthers RB Stephen Davis (knee), who has been working with the first-team offense during practice this week, will be the team's opening day starter for the regular season if his surgically repaired knee continues to hold up. Davis has reportedly looked sharp in contact drills, though he hasn't taken a massive hit yet.

948326[/snapback]

maybe $2 was too much to spend on Shelton. I still think having Shelton and Goings guarantees the starting RB on Carolina by week 9.

:doah:

948519[/snapback]

All ribbing (for my pleasure) aside, you're "upside" RB picks in Moore and Davis look somewhat prophetic. Don't know that they'll get the job done, but their stock has risen since just Sunday. Not too shabby, Swerski.

Carolina has TWO running backs who've had microfracture surgery on their knees.  Something tells me Shelton sees SOME starts this year. :D

948594[/snapback]

I was thinking the very same thing. Everyone seems high on Foster but lets get serious here for a minute. He is an injury waiting to happen even if he is productive when healthy I fear drafting him. However I did draft Davis in the 11th in GvE :D .

I don't think so, as I've heard nothing to support this, as I see the snaps with the first team to be about getting in sync, most likely the two back attack that was run in 2003. Foster is the starter, but Davis will spell him from time to time as Foster did Davis in 2003. That's my take on it, but should I hear anything different I'll let ya know. Peace PD.