[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Clayton vs Roy Williams

spain

I am very high on both of these 2nd year wideouts. I took Roy yesterday in a draft and thought I could get Clayton in the next round. I was wrong as he was taken the very next pick. Several people said that I should have grabbed Clayton over Williams. Personally, I have these guys rated about even and considered it a toss up. Others think Clayton will put up bigger numbers. I think we had this same discussion last spring but I cant find the thread. Anyway, who do you think will produce bigger numbers this year?

I think Clayton will put up bigger numbers, but not by much. Clayton will be (IMO) the unquestioned #1 in Tampa. Roy has more potential to put up bigger numbers though. In other words, I think Roy is more of a play maker, but I think Clayton will be consistently better.

In the end, I think they will be very similar. Theres just so many good receivers in Detroit.

The pervious post make it sound like griese is a much better QB then Harrington. I think the QB's are close in talent (so to speak). Roy is definately more talented than Clayton. If Roy didn't have to share the ball so much I bet he would finish in the top 10 this year. I think they both will have good numbers this year and if your league rewards for length of TDs then Roy is the better options, other wise they about equal in terms of draft ranking.

I am very high on both of these 2nd year wideouts.  I took Roy yesterday in a draft and thought I could get Clayton in the next round.  I was wrong as he was taken the very next pick.  Several people said that I should have grabbed Clayton over Williams.  Personally, I have these guys rated about even and considered it a toss up.  Others think Clayton will put up bigger numbers.  I think we had this same discussion last spring but I cant find the thread.  Anyway, who do you think will produce bigger numbers this year?

967621[/snapback]

I go with Clayton: he stays healthy, which I know only gives Roy a 1 year chance but fact is he got hurt last year.

Also, ever since Gruden reseurrected Irving Fryar's career with the Iggles he has always had a very productive #1 receiver on his teams. Griese seems to have it together better than Harrington as well.

i really wouldnt be that worried about rogers, kevin johnson, and mike williams

roy is the only guy joey has had a chance to build a rapport with..and he likes to look toward him when he gets in trouble

saw rogers drop a ball throw ever so slightly behind him on a slant route the against st louis that would have given detroit a much needed 1st down(not that roy is immune to drops by an stretch)...but i think if things start to go awry for detroit early...the potential is there, for them to start forcing roy the ball

all in all...like many, i have em ranked about even

I think it comes down to competition.  Roy has a lot of other wides to share with and I think that it can be argued, that at least now - Griese is a better QB than Harrington

968241[/snapback]

I agree with this.

Hoping Clayton does well as he's my WR2 on two teams, behind Chad Johnson on one and Javon Walker on the other.

I have been in a similar postion in deciding between Roy and Clayton. I selected Roy Williams.

There are a couple factors that I considered in my decision, however the number one factor is that I think Williams is a bigger, stronger and better receiver then Clayton. Neither TB or DET's QB are ideal and put them at the same level (very low). I think the presence of Kevin Jones is a positive one for the DET offense, whereas TB does not have a proven RB Stud. Therefore, DET's passing game may have a slight edge in potential.

This is definitely a tough call and I don't think you can go wrong with either of these guys, however my choice is Roy.

Clayton.

I think Williams is better at circus catches, but Clayton is a better route runner, has better hands, a better QB, better blocker, and is the clear #1.

Not that Williams can't catch, but I can never understand why some coaches don't pay much attention to if a receiver can catch. We (Saints) took Clayton's teammate at LSU in the 2nd last year (D. Henderson), and while he's fast and great after the catch - he can't catch.

I think Clayton will put up bigger numbers, but not by much. Clayton will be (IMO) the unquestioned #1 in Tampa. Roy has more potential to put up bigger numbers though. In other words, I think Roy is more of a play maker, but I think Clayton will be consistently better.

In the end, I think they will be very similar. Theres just so many good receivers in Detroit.

967630[/snapback]

I agree with this analysis, although I think Clayton puts up more receiving yards while Williams puts up more TDs....