[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MNF/Thursday pre-show!

BigTen

Ok fellas, got to rant. Why the big preshow with a bunch of singing idiots that probably do not even know what a football is? I am sorry but this whole Hollywood production pregame show is just driving me nuts. Why in the hell does the NFL do this? You would think that your going to watch a broadway show and not a football game. I will definaley not watch this BS! I wonder how long of a delay there will be in case that C. West guy nuts up again or some other fool for that matter. IMHO the NFL is just asking for trouble, ala, the Janket Jackson fiasco.

There I feel better.

I don't like it either, but are there any hot chicks performing ? :D

I must admit that I like when Monday Night Football shows scantily clad ladies helping Hank belt out the theme song. :D I think Britney Spears did it once. She is a trailer trash idiot, but she sure does look good sometimes. :D

I don't like it either, but are there any hot chicks performing ?  :D

I must admit that I like when Monday Night Football shows scantily clad ladies helping Hank belt out the theme song.  :D  I think Britney Spears did it once.  She is a trailer trash idiot, but she sure does look good sometimes.  :D

976011[/snapback]

Just saw the lineup, nothing too impressive as far as the ladies are concerned, though she doesn't look too bad, though, I have no idea who she is. :D

Rihanna

Because they're dumbing-down football. Fantasy football is now spread like the plague. Free fantasy football on ESPN. Candy, Mandy, Sandy and the other s|ut on ESPN. This simply falls in line with trying to drum up even MORE interest in football.

With baseball hardly devoid of scandal, the NBA being either love it or hate it, hockey with all its problems... the NFL is obviously top dog right now, and is kicking the opposition while it's down.

I've always thought an interesting pregame show would involve notable NFL commentators (paging Mr. Rice, Mr. Jerry Rice to the white courtesy phone; your second career is holding for you on line 1) and players in the upcoming game grilling up some grub and mixing discussion of the upcoming game with discussion of how they like to prepare thier links, chicken, steaks, or whatever.

I've always thought an interesting pregame show would involve notable NFL commentators (paging Mr. Rice, Mr. Jerry Rice to the white courtesy phone; your second career is holding for you on line 1) and players in the upcoming game grilling up some grub and mixing discussion of the upcoming game with discussion of how they like to prepare thier links, chicken, steaks, or whatever.

976073[/snapback]

That's actually a darned good ieda.

Perhaps they call it "The Tailgate"? :D

Because they're dumbing-down football.  Fantasy football is now spread like the plague.  Free fantasy football on ESPN.  Candy, Mandy, Sandy and the other s|ut on ESPN.  This simply falls in line with trying to drum up even MORE interest in football. 

976069[/snapback]

Hey !!! What's wrong with Candy, Mandy, Sandy, and other s{uts ? :D

Edited by Menudo

I have no interest in watching the pre-game stuff like that and neither do the majority of people on these boards. The NFL already has us watching though, so why not go after the rest of the audience. If they did this every weekend I would be pissed, but I kind of like the idea of kicking off the NFL season with a bang.

Well, they do this stuff during the Super Bowl and no one seems to complain....For me, the Super Bowl Half time means I can just go make another beer run. I'm working late tonight and I'll get home during this show....at which time I can talk to the wife for a few minutes and get something to eat before sitting down right when the pig flies through the air.

And for those concerned that Kayne West or Green Day may say something political (of if someone decides to go Janet Jackson on us), ABC has this game on a 10 second tape delay.

Ok fellas, got to rant.  Why the big preshow with a bunch of singing idiots that probably do not even know what a football is?  I am sorry but this whole Hollywood production pregame show is just driving me nuts.  Why in the hell does the NFL do this?  You would think that your going to watch a broadway show and not a football game.  I will definaley not watch this BS!  I wonder how long of a delay there will be in case that C. West guy nuts up again or some other fool for that matter.  IMHO the NFL is just asking for trouble, ala, the Janket Jackson fiasco.

There I feel better.

974978[/snapback]

Typical.

Actually, the conglomerate of entertainment companies that ABC is a part of undoubtedly has a hand in all of this. Disney owns a chunk of several record companies as well as the Universal Music Group's distribution chain.

The Rolling Stones, Kanye West, Good Charlotte....all have new records released in the last week. This is all a pile of marketing poo.

Actually, the conglomerate of entertainment companies that ABC is a part of undoubtedly has a hand in all of this. Disney owns a chunk of several record companies as well as the Universal Music Group's distribution chain.

The Rolling Stones, Kanye West, Good Charlotte....all have new records released in the last week. This is all a pile of marketing poo.

Make no mistake about it, there is only ONE real reason we have this little show before the opener.

Because the NFL wants it.

Why?

The same reason they moved the opener to Thursdays. They want the game to become an big annual event, like the SB, only on a smaller scale, of course.

It already is up here in NE... :D

p.s.

Green Day is awesome, despite their sometimes left-slanted lyrics.

"Boulevard of Broken Dreams" makes me think of Philly, Indy and Pit...:D