[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fast Willie owners

Randall

Why did you select him?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Why did you select him?

• I'm a Steeler homer, 'nough said!
    • The Huddle rankings(#41 RB) ranked above Duce and Henry.
    • I saw his game last year against the Bills.
    • Got him off the waiver wire.
    • Just guessed that he'd be good.

In my local on August 28th I drafted him in the 12th or 13th because I knew Staley and Bettis were hurting and he'd be running behind the PIT line. I also suspect that Staley is done and Parker is the man of the future. Same for my auction league in early September.

I took him at 2.01 overall in the Late Bloomers draft last Tuesday because I think he is the guy in PIT.

I believe I took him in the 13th of a 12 team ..my money league. I figured he would get the first 2 starts, and if he was really that good he was a long shot to take over..and long behold I now have Dillon/Jamal Lewis (pos)/Willie ...so he's filling in nicely until jamal wakes up. :D I'm riding him to 2-0 so far.

:D I voted "homer", however, my draft was the day after the Friday night game when Bettis got hurt, I knew that he would be starting for at least 1-2 weeks and I got him in the 18th round of a 19 round draft.

All but one of the other owners live in Houston, TX, so they had not a clue... homer advantage!!! :D

For my main league, it was basically that I had my roster filled with my main starters and as the next round started I wanted to add depth at the RB position. There was still Jones, Shipp, Duckett and a few others out there but seeing Willie on that one hugh run during the pre-season and knowing the health situation of Duce and Bus, I pulled the string. The 2 Steeler homers in my league let out a collective groan and maybe a few choice words as well. :D

I picked him up in a dynasty league in mid-July for a dollar over minimum wage because I had just acquired Duce Staley, and I didn't think him or Bettis would make it through 2006.

I was wrong.  Neither of them would make it through 2005.  :D

1018825[/snapback]

i aquired Verron Haynes last yr in same said dynasty league for the same reasons

:D

Got him off the WW. Knew what he did last year against Buffalo, but when Duce and Bettis got hurt, I knew he would get more playing time and then after the 50yrd run and Cower pulled him out of the game I ran upstairs and picked him up. I only had Deuce, DD, Caddy at rb so I knew I was going to need a 4th back and to get Willie P for nothing has been my greatest/smartest fantasy move this year. (I also was that guy who got Rueben Droughns last year...always keeping the ear to the pavement) Good thread by the way.

Got him in ConFusion since I already had Duce and Bettis, I figured that I'd complete the set. Picked him up in my local in the 10th, even after he was named the Week one starter, no one else wanted him.

I drafted bus (early draft) and then later picked up parker. traded both of them this week for t holt. not to bragg (maybe a little) but this is the only trade ive made a my team (in a 10 man) is brady, j jones, westbrook, r moss, holt, harrison, gates, graham, jax. now if only arrington would come through id be ok. :D

i aquired Verron Haynes last yr in same said dynasty league for the same reasons

:D

1019369[/snapback]

I usually don't read magazines... but my wife bought me the Athlon Sports Pro Football 2005 Preview mag for Father's Day (we didn't have kids yet, but we were expecting). There was a very short mention of Parker as a future star... so I decided to acquire him.

I guess that makes having this kid all worthwhile... :D

He went undrafted in both of my local leagues. We drafted pretty early. In the first league I was able to picked him up on the wavier wire before the season started. I wasn't able to get him in the second league.

I picked him up because of the game he had last year against Buffalo, and I figure he'd be a starter for at least a coulpe of weeks.

In one league (LoAM), picked him up on Aug 7th off of our offseason FCFS waiver wire. Started reading bout the Legend of FWP, figured he was worth a flier since I wasnt deep at rb (Willis, C.Brown, Gore)

Traded for him in my other league after week one. Got him pretty reasonable there due to his contract length in that league.

Edited by CFSize24

Got him in the 17th round of my local. Was just looking for a couple good games from him to start the year. I'm loaded at RB this season in that league, so I'll be looking to trade him (or even Deuce) here in a couple weeks after his next big game in order to p/u another solid WR.

It all depends on what happens when the pothead comes back in week 6.