[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pennington Done for the season

phootballphreak

Bollinger- participated in one regular season game 5 of 9 for 60 yds. Is he the starter now or do they count on Fiedler or p/u another qb...Vinny

1023415[/snapback]

I think Bollinger will start a couple of games and, assuming Fiedler is also done for the year, they will also go out and sign another QB. They'll give whoever they sign a few weeks to get in game shape and learn some of the offense.

I'm sure they've already called Vinny.

I never understood it when the Jets signed Pennington to a $64 million contract at the start of last year that had $20 million in guarantees. The guy has never once played a 16 game season, he's never made it more than 13 games (2004). He had 22 TDs in 12 games in 2002 but otherwise really hasn't done much to warrant such a monster payout. Now they may be saddled with his cost for a while.

Bollinger- participated in one regular season game 5 of 9 for 60 yds. Is he the starter now or do they count on Fiedler or p/u another qb...Vinny

1023415[/snapback]

Wow, so much for thinking L.Coles was going to be a good #2 for me this year :D

I think Bollinger will start a couple of games and, assuming Fiedler is also done for the year, they will also go out and sign another QB.  They'll give whoever they sign a few weeks to get in game shape and learn some of the offense.

I'm sure they've already called Vinny.

1023420[/snapback]

Hey, next week Boll-ing-er....can't be any worse than Boll-er.

I'm interested in seeing what he can do.

Well, here's hoping that Bollinger is the Jets' "Tom Brady."

Sucks for Chad......he will be missed :D

What do you guys think about a trade for Favre somehow? I heard this idea on the radio today from Mike Franscessa. Would probably cost the Jets 2 first rounders.

Well, here's hoping that Bollinger is the Jets' "Tom Brady."

Sucks for Chad......he will be missed :D

What do you guys think about a trade for Favre somehow? I heard this idea on the radio today from Mike Franscessa. Would probably cost the Jets 2 first rounders.

1023591[/snapback]

That would be good for the Jets, but Favre is the only thing the Packers have right now, I'm thinking they wouldn't even consider doing that.

What do you guys think about a trade for Favre somehow? I heard this idea on the radio today from Mike Franscessa.

1023591[/snapback]

I caught the tail end of that, but I would say there's about zero percent chance of that happening. I'm guessing that Vinny and/or Quincy Carter will be getting calls from the Jets very soon if they haven't already. That's just my speculation though, and I heard other speculation on ESPN that maybe the Jets could try and trade for Volek or Ramsey.

Edited by Skrappy1

And Fiedler might be out for the year too?  Time to cut loose all Jets IMHO, in my case it's Coles and the defense.

1023784[/snapback]

CBS Sportsline news has Fiedler out six weeks. That could be a long six weeks.

I hope they do what's right and what's best for the franchise and don't make some crazy deal for somebody mediocre like Ramsey, Volek, or Favre. Though, a Philip Rivers-type would be nice.

I hate to say this, but I think they need to forget about Pennington. He may not make it back for a couple years if this is as bad as it sounds, if at all.

Edited by The Waterboy

I hope they do what's right and what's best for the franchise and don't make some crazy deal for somebody mediocre like Ramsey, Volek, or Favre.  Though, a Philip Rivers-type would be nice.

1023848[/snapback]

What exactly has Phillip Rivers done in the NFL to make you think he's better than Ramsey, Volek or Favre? :D