[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 5..still 2 with no league entry fee

theeohiostate

:D PAY UP!!!!

I hate to call out any fellow huddlers but come on (you know who you are) it's week 5 and still no entry fee submitted....???

Any commishes out there have any recommendations on what penalty if any you would enforce?

1 team 3-1...........leading my f'ing division and beat me head to head, and the other team at 0-4

:D

Edited by theeohiostate

I think you flat out mention names and use peer pressure.

I routinely do not receive all the entry fees up front from the leagues I commish, but I ALWAYS collect by the time I need to pay out at the end of the year.

I send a weekly email saying:

So and so... PD

So and so... PD

So and so... OWES $200

and so on...

I suggest maybe doing the same on the boards to get your cash sent in. I find that calling people out for others to see works well in this regard - particularly since it sounds like from your post that it's Huddlers, which means it's people you don't actually know other than through this site on an anonymous basis.

I agree, call them out. If that doesn't work, most scoring programs will allow you to adjust scoring. Give a zero for the week and that usually expedites payment. You can restore the scores once payment is received. Drastic yes, but it works.

I find it easy to humiliate people in my locals that i've known for years, but to do it to a stranger i would consider rude.  I think a penalty of x amount of points per week until payment is recieved is a good idea though.

1046959[/snapback]

I think it's even ruder to stiff you.

If you start penalizing points, you may never get your money from these folks.

I find it easy to humiliate people in my locals that i've known for years, but to do it to a stranger i would consider rude.  I think a penalty of x amount of points per week until payment is recieved is a good idea though.

1046959[/snapback]

Then you run up against one of them, or both of them for that matter, tanking the season or trying to sabotage it for you and the other owners. I would try and find replacement owners who are willing to come in mid-season and take over the teams.

If you deduct points, you are only hurting other teams that might need these dead-beats to beat a certain team in their division for their own gain. Say I need team B to beat team A this week so I can get into first place in my division. Team B wins, I'm in first place, but then you deduct points from team B and Team A now is the winner and I'm no longer in first. It would hurt other owners.

As far as replacement owners go, you could find other Huddlers you respect and ask them to take over say at a discount rate. Boot the dead-beats (which you should, I mean week 5? C'mon) and just confer with your other owners and absorb the difference. At least you'll have active owners who will give your league the respect it deserves.

In our league we call them out publicly. I set a certain date for payment, if nothing comes by the date, the team surrenders its first round pick in next year's draft. That penalty ALWAYS seems to get the check there before the deadline.

It is a penalty that works because no one is going to bail on the league from year to year.

Well, you pretty much waited to long. They should have paid before the season started. If not, you should have replaced them then. Now you're in a pickle. PM them, if they don't respond, call them out here. Not paying for 4 weeks is not acceptable.

Well, you pretty much waited to long. They should have paid before the season started. If not, you should have replaced them then. Now you're in a pickle. PM them, if they don't respond, call them out here. Not paying for 4 weeks is not acceptable.

1047044[/snapback]

Exactly.

We had a long time member who was in the league before me and is a friend of the founder welch last year. Kept promising to send payment and never did, it was only $45.

I was going to take the hit for the league but the guys voted to just reduce the winnings. Needless to say he isn't back and all payments were made before the season started this year. I will never enter a season without payment again, friend or no friend.

Call them out on the board, maybe someone else knows them better and can pressure them.

1047044[/snapback]

Good info here.

They should have never been allowed to draft.

:D  PAY UP!!!!

I hate to call out any fellow huddlers but come on (you know who you are) it's week 5 and still no entry fee submitted....???

Any commishes out there have any recommendations on what penalty if any you would inforce?

1 team 3-1...........leading my f'ing division and beat me head to head, and the other team at 0-4

1046893[/snapback]

Out their best players up for auction?

Do like we do. We freeze their lineup unti lthey are paid up. They cannot make any trades or Free agent moves, they are stuck with their lineup as it is.

We insist payment be made BEFORE week 3, if it's not, your lineup is frozen at your week 2 lineup until you pay.

No problems at all as of yet, and we've been together for the better part of 15 years.

Do like we do.  We freeze their lineup unti lthey are paid up.  They cannot make any trades or Free agent moves, they are stuck with their lineup as it is.

We insist payment be made BEFORE week 3, if it's not, your lineup is frozen at your week 2 lineup until you pay.

No problems at all as of yet, and we've been together for the better part of 15 years.

1047379[/snapback]

This sound like a good plan :D

No so unfair as to have them exit the league, but fair enough to have players on bye or miss out on pick ups.................TOS likes!!!

Any commishes out there have any recommendations on what penalty if any you would inforce?

1046893[/snapback]

This is why rules need to be in place before the season starts. My remedy would be to award zero points for any team that hasn't paid by week 8. They would continue to receive zero points until they have paid. There's nothing worse than a dead beat fantasy owner :D

Guest Cherni
:D  PAY UP!!!!

1046893[/snapback]

I would flat out lock their teams. No adding/dropping or changing rosters until I received payment. Being a Commish is a thankless task but chasing people for money is just flat out annoying. LOCK EM UP...

Guest Cherni
The last couple years I have turned off all the owner's capabilities in MFL ... that has worked for me.

1048210[/snapback]

Agreed... That always works.

In the leagues I am in, payments are due before any drafts.  No pay=no play.

1048505[/snapback]

Exactly, I put the hammer down this year when I took over as commish. You feel like a jerk, but it's so worth it.