[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Holt Downgraded To Questionable.

baddfish2

Perhaps more worrisome is the downgrade of Torry Holt from probable to questionable because of a knee injury. Holt played last week after being listed as questionable all week. He said he felt fine in the early part of that game, but the knee started to get sore as the game wore on. Holt will probably still go on Sunday, but everyone would prefer that the knee gets better instead of worse considering he didn't do much of anything in practice this week.

LINK HERE

AAARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHH

Reports now surfacing that he's out...? A quick early decision would be a nice thing to have, but do we trust where this info comes from?

What to watch for: The story of this game is who's not playing. The Rams are without the services of QB Marc Bulger and receivers Torry Holt (knee) and Isaac Bruce (turf toe); and the Saints, who lost Deuce McAlister two weeks ago, are minus Joe Horn, safety Dwight Smith and rookie RT Jamaal Brown. Jamie Martin has spent 12 seasons in the NFL, but he's only started three games. Martin had two INTs Monday night; the Saints plan to blitz him as much as possible, especially with two rookies on the Rams' offensive line. St. Louis wants to run Steven Jackson while the Saints plan to attack the Rams' porous secondary.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5017480

I think/hope that we see alot of Jackson today....this news now makes me feel better about starting Curtis over Glenn as well.

Tough break for the Rams...but I'd be suprise if they didn't win still.

Edited by nhoops

More info from rotoworld as of 9:05 am et. This is troubling news because late-week downgrades often result in deactivation. Doesn't sound like he will play. :D

Torry Holt has been downgraded to questionable with a knee injury for week seven and is not expected to play. It looks like the Rams were laying in the weeds with this one all week, listing Holt as probable despite not practicing. Kevin Curtis will probably start opposite Dane Looker, with Shaun McDonald on the field plenty for the Rams.
Edited by quincyxg

Totally screws me. If they had announced this on Wednesday like they were supposed to, or even on Friday, or if the darn miami-kc game had been played as originally scheduled, I could have put Gonzo in his place, as it is I'm stuck putting in Toomer for him.

my starting WRs this week were going to be

Holt Ward Glenn Burleson

decided to bench Kennison on a hunch now his 4pts would be nice...my alternative is now to start Veron Haynes

:D

crispy you are one lucky SOB today

in another league i have to bench moss and play KROB :D

and in another i have to bench Roy W(SSmith on bye) and play Charlie Adams :D

Edited by keggerz

Is ANYONE other than FOX reporting that Holt is out? Rotoworld is reporting the FOX report... the Rams website report from yesterday details that Holt was downgraded but it does say he's still expected to play... I'd love to hear this confirmed somewhere ELSE other than Fox before taking Holt out of my lineup...

This is from the Rams website report from yesterday:

Perhaps more worrisome is the downgrade of Torry Holt from probable to questionable because of a knee injury. Holt played last week after being listed as questionable all week. He said he felt fine in the early part of that game, but the knee started to get sore as the game wore on. Holt will probably still go on Sunday, but everyone would prefer that the knee gets better instead of worse considering he didn't do much of anything in practice this week.

This is wildly frustrating... soooo many injuries. :D

Is ANYONE other than FOX reporting that Holt is out?  Rotoworld is reporting the FOX report... the Rams website report from yesterday details that Holt was downgraded but it does say he's still expected to play... I'd love to hear this confirmed somewhere ELSE other than Fox before taking Holt out of my lineup...

1091329[/snapback]

ditto...my only other option is Housh.. :D