[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eli vs. Ben

Menudo

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually switching my earlier vote.  Eli has digressed dramatically in the past 6 games.  I've seen high school QBs that are more accurate than this guy.  I now agree with Menudo, I think Eli sucks even more than Roethlisberger.

1236183[/snapback]

how many of those HS QB's have you seen that could be higher than 5th in the nfl in passing yards and TD's thrown?

Bledsoe isnt the answer for Dallas long term. Id rather not have the QB on my team yet, still searching for a stud, than have a dud, I invested a 1st round pick in, that Im stuck with for the next decade. Neither of those Qbs will ever lead their team to a SB, while Dallas will win the SB within the next 5 yrs.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Bledsoe isnt the answer for Dallas long term.  Id rather not have the QB on my team yet, still searching for a stud, than have a dud, I invested a 1st round pick in, that Im stuck with for the next decade.  Neither of those Qbs will ever lead their team to a SB, while Dallas will win the SB within the next 5 yrs.

1236452[/snapback]

:D

Why are you calling me a Newbie ?  Are you really that clueless ?

Big John, enlighten this young man please.

1236367[/snapback]

:D Menudo is an old-timer here. His join date is misleading since he lost his password a few times and had to create new accounts.

Bledsoe isnt the answer for Dallas long term.   Id rather not have the QB on my team yet, still searching for a stud, than have a dud, I invested a 1st round pick in, that Im stuck with for the next decade.  Neither of those Qbs will ever lead their team to a SB, while Dallas will win the SB within the next 5 yrs.

1236452[/snapback]

Yes, all of us in Pittsburgh are very disappointed. The 5th best QB Rating in the NFL as a rookie, as well as NFL Rookie records for QB Rating, Completion %, and Wins. He was also the unanimous selection for "Rookie Of The Year". This year, he is 3rd in Passer Rating. We really wish they would have picked someone else last year. :D Some of you people get funnier and funnier. :D

Edited by Menudo

Let's compare stats in two completely opposite games. :D

Pittsburgh, playing a dead on their feet Cleveland team, with nothing to play for.

NYG, playing a team fighting for their lives, in a playoff type game, with a 5X better defense and a 20X better pass rush.

First play of the game, Eli throws a 50 yard bullet, pinpoint to Burress, in the end zone, right off his hands. He catches that, the stats look different.

Fourth quarter, Eli throws another pinpoint ball for a TD, about 35+ yards, and it gets called back by a ticky tack holding call.

Granted, I did not watch the Cleveland/Pittsburgh game, and I'm sure Ben had plenty of long, field stretching throws that were right on target to keep the awesome Cleveland defense on their heels.

How about grown men calling the guy, "Ben." You don't know him personally. Unless you have a taboo gay feeling/relationship with him, you should refer to him like any other athlete. How about Roethlisberger? Would that be too difficult? Also, do the men in Pitt. enjoy saying "Big Ben?" :D

I'm actually switching my earlier vote.  Eli has digressed dramatically in the past 6 games. 

1236183[/snapback]

Eli has drasitcally strayed from his subject in speaking or writing the last 6 games?

I'd definitely downgrade him for that as well. If a QB can't stay on point, the team won't follow him.

This is easy to end.  If the Steelers woulda selected Eli, Eli would be better in Menudos eyes.  But since they selected Big Ben, he is better.  No reason to argue cuz nobody can win.  Eli is better to Giants fans and Big Ben is better to Steelers fans.

1237439[/snapback]

I'm a fan of neither and Rothlisberger is the better QB right now

I'm a fan of neither and Rothlisberger is the better QB right now

1237542[/snapback]

I would tend to agree; Roeth doesn't NEED to pass as much - or at least, isn't allowed to - but his ability to make something happen when plays break down puts him a notch above IMO.

Listen, I know everyone loves to make the Menudo loves Ben comments, and that is fine. I definitely defend the guy. Lets put things in perspective though. I don't think Ben is the best QB in the NFL, the AFC, or the AFC North. I just think he has been extremely good thus far, and I get tired of hearing people say that he is a "product of the system". When he wasn't in there this year, the "system" broke down, and they were a pathetic offense. The only reason I bring up the Eli thing, is, and you can go back and look at it, I was told I was ridiculous for using Ben in the same category as Eli, because Eli ii on another level. That is simply not true, and I stand by what I said. If you think Eli is going to be better, it can only be based on a prediction for the future, because thus far, Ben has been the better QB. I've defended Ben enough, and I will try to ease off, because I know it has become tiresome to many.

Edited by Menudo

Listen, I know everyone loves to make the Menudo loves Ben comments, and that is fine.  I definitely defend the guy.  Lets put things in perspective though.  I don't think Ben is the best QB in the NFL, the AFC, or the AFC North.  I just think he has been extremely good thus far, and I get tired of hearing people say that he is a "product of the system".  When he wasn't in there this year, the "system" broke down, and they were a pathetic offense.  The only reason I bring up the Eli thing, is, and you can go back and look at it, I was told I was ridiculous for using Ben in the same category as Eli, because Eli ii on another level.  That is simply not true, and I stand by what I said.  If you think Eli is going to be better, it can only be based on a prediction for the future, because thus far, Ben has been the better QB.  I've defended Ben enough, and I will try to ease off, because I know it has become tiresome to many.

1237691[/snapback]

Come the cold winter

Menudo will no longer

Debate Ben - Eli