[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Boomer Esiason TRASHES Marvin Lewis/Bengals

Steeltown Dre

I have to agree with Boomer on this one. Sounds like the halftime incident is true, there are way too many places reporting it for there to be no truth to it. Bengals thought they were the next big thing, Chad Johnson basically guaranteed they would meet the Colts in the AFC Championship. They fell short. Very, very short. And ended the regular season very poorly. All of that built up and now they look like a bunch of whining kids wondering what might have been. Sad way to finish the season, I hope it doesn't carry over to next season for them. I like that team.

Okay, I'll try to restate this in a way people from Pittsburgh can understand it:

1. The Bengals are out of the playoffs. Done. Season over.

2. Boomer works for CBS, who is covering the game this week, so it's his job to say stupid crap to get attention. Apparently, there is nothing remotely interesting about the Colts game, so you guys are still talking about a halftime incident that no one anywhere has any details about.

3. The team found out at halftime that Carson's injury was not only game-ending, but possibly even career-ending. The lousy play in the second half was because of that. Any altercation in the lockerroom was related to that.

Seriously, I'd be worried about Cowher. Where is his head? Why isn't he and his team completely, 100 percent focused on the Colts? Look at this again ...

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger expressed surprise yesterday when responding to Lewis' charge.

"You don't expect that coming from a guy like that," Roethlisberger said. "Obviously, he was a little frustrated, but I don't remember complaining.

"It's just unfortunate coming from a guy like that."

Steelers coach Bill Cowher had addressed Lewis' remark Tuesday, saying "I would like to think it was said out of frustration."

So, Cowher is whining about it on Tuesday, and Big Ben, taking his HC's lead, is whining about it still on Wednesday.

I mean, the story here isn't Chad Johnson and Marvin Lewis. The story is that Cowher can't get himself or his team focused on their biggest game of the year. It's a team bitten by the fact that no one sees their first playoff win as legit because they took out the franchise QB on the first offensive series during a 66-yard pass play. And rather than focus on the game at hand, the team is already looking for excuses and distractions to blame when they lose.

I gotta admit, though, I do love that people are talking about the Bengals even after a sorry playoff game. It's just so weird.

Okay, I'll try to restate this in a way people from Pittsburgh can understand it:

2. Boomer works for CBS, who is covering the game this week, so it's his job to say stupid crap to get attention. Apparently, there is nothing remotely interesting about the Colts game, so you guys are still talking about a halftime incident that no one anywhere has any details about.

3. The team found out at halftime that Carson's injury was not only game-ending, but possibly even career-ending. The lousy play in the second half was because of that. Any altercation in the lockerroom was related to that.

Seriously, I'd be worried about Cowher. Where is his head? Why isn't he and his team completely, 100 percent focused on the Colts? Look at this again ...

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger expressed surprise yesterday when responding to Lewis' charge.

"You don't expect that coming from a guy like that," Roethlisberger said. "Obviously, he was a little frustrated, but I don't remember complaining.

Steelers coach Bill Cowher had addressed Lewis' remark Tuesday, saying "I would like to think it was said out of frustration."

So, Cowher is whining about it on Tuesday, and Big Ben, taking his HC's lead, is whining about it still on Wednesday.

I mean, the story here isn't Chad Johnson and Marvin Lewis. The story is that Cowher can't get himself or his team focused on their biggest game of the year. It's a team bitten by the fact that no one sees their first playoff win as legit because they took out the franchise QB on the first offensive series during a 66-yard pass play. And rather than focus on the game at hand, the team is already looking for excuses and distractions to blame when they lose.

I gotta admit, though, I do love that people are talking about the Bengals even after a sorry playoff game. It's just so weird.

1261751[/snapback]

:D Thanks for the morning laugh.

1. Where do you get that the Steeler fans are the ones that can't let this situation go. Many of the posts are from Non-Steeler fans. I have said several times that this issue isn't a big deal.

2. There are many more stories and talk regarding the Colts game. Cowher and Roethlisberger are simply answering questions that are asked of them over and over again by the media. Get over yourself thinking that the Steelers care one bit about the Bengals. As usual at this time of year, the rest of the AFC North is in the rear view mirror.

3. Thanks for making the excuse that you lost because we "took out" Carson Palmer on the first play of the game. I truly wish he would have played the whole game, the Bengals have no defense and were proven to be a pretender, while the Steelers proved that they are still the class of the division.

4. As for the Steelers playing the Colts, I love the fact that everyone is so excited at the prospects of the Steelers losing to the Colts. However, if you are a fan of a team this already eliminated, please shut the Oprah up. The Steelers made it farther than your team did, so you should really have nothing to say.

Note: It doesn't matter what we fans concern ourselves with during the week, only what the team concerns themselves with, and I am :D that you think they are wasting anytime worrying about the Bengals.

Edited by Menudo

For all of you criticizing Boomer, Cowher, Roethlisberger, Steelers fans...why aren't you criticizing the guilty parties?

I like Chad AND Marvin Lewis, but both of them have plenty to answer for right now.

Chad -- lost his mind at halftime, put his WRs coach in a headlock, and almost (inadvertently) decked his HC. Then, even worse, he called a press conference TO LIE ABOUT IT. What the hell is that about?

Marvin -- witnessed his best player physically assault one of his coaches and still let him play in the second half. Then, he "implied" that nothing happened in the locker room. Then, he criticized a player from another team when it was completely unnecessary.

I can understand the behavior, without a doubt. But until both of them explain their f-ups, then they DESERVE to be called out.

Esiason is a Cincinnati icon -- one of the few all-time Bengals greats. If I were him, I'd be pissed about the situation, too, since it just brings the franchise down a couple of levels from where they had climbed. Seems simple to me.

I thought the rosters were limited to 53 players.  How could Boomer have 100 Hines Wards on his team?

1261367[/snapback]

I'm sorry, but 100 Hines Wards, or 53 Hines Wards would not make a good football team...their O-Line and D-Line would be way undersized and would get killed at the line of scrimmage...sure, they'd have the best receiving corps in the NFL, but who's gonna get the ball to them downfield, especially with no time to throw the ball...also, the run game would most likely suffer with Hines Ward at Running Back and at Fullback...

I'm sorry, but 100 Hines Wards, or 53 Hines Wards would not make a good football team...their O-Line and D-Line would be way undersized and would get killed at the line of scrimmage...sure, they'd have the best receiving corps in the NFL, but who's gonna get the ball to them downfield, especially with no time to throw the ball...also, the run game would most likely suffer with Hines Ward at Running Back and at Fullback...

1261853[/snapback]

:D

1261751[/snapback]

I wonder what the Colts think of what Marvin Lewis had to say after the game last Sunday. :D

Oh, that's right, the Colts are busy preparing for a football game this weekend.

I wonder what the Colts think of what Marvin Lewis had to say after the game last Sunday.   :D

Oh, that's right, the Colts are busy preparing for a football game this weekend.

1261907[/snapback]

No one stirs the pot like Vet.

Edited by Menudo

::D chad f'ed up and there were fireworks in the locker room. got it. growing pains. i can't think about this anymore ... all i want to know about is ...

carson's knee.

::D  chad f'ed up and there were fireworks in the locker room.  got it.  growing pains.  i can't think about this anymore ... all i want to know about is ...

carson's knee.

1261914[/snapback]

Sorry, I don't have time to find any information for you. I was told to concentrate on the Colts game. :D

Personally, I like Boomer. He's on local sports radio each week for an interview, usually on Mondays. He seems like a decent guy who knows his stuff.

I don't like that Chad had the blowup but jeez, it happened in the lockerroom at half time. I'm sure all kinds of shucks goes on in the lockerroom all the time and we never hear about it. :D I still like CJ better than that tool TO. Or Keyshawn Johnson. Or Steve Smith -- I don't care if he's "changed."

blah blah blah... I mean, the story here isn't Chad Johnson and Marvin Lewis. The story is that Cowher can't get himself or his team focused on their biggest game of the year. It's a team bitten by the fact that no one sees their first playoff win as legit because they took out the franchise QB on the first offensive series during a 66-yard pass play. And rather than focus on the game at hand, the team is already looking for excuses and distractions to blame when they lose.

1261751[/snapback]

Talking about the Bengals still, well, that's true. But if Bengal fans such as yourself find some kind of victory in the fact that they totally melted down and self destructed after the resident endzone dancing comedian gave them a half time pep talk, well that just goes to show what 15 years of Cincinatti sucketude will do to a fans expectations.

1261751[/snapback]

sorry.. but some of you bengal fans just had it coming.. the fans and your team did nothing but run their mouths all year long. seeing everything blow up in your faces makes me laugh. i like palmer and think he is a classy and cool dude.. i hope he is back in time for next season so the rivalry can start right where it left off. but seeing johnson go nuts and your coaches unable to stop him is just f*ckin hilarious. all year we kept hearing how johnson was just a fun guy, he loves the team, fun fun fun... look at him now.. typical arrogant receiver.. he doesnt get the ball and loses so he blames it on the coaches. he didnt do sh*t all year vs pittsburgh because ike taylor has become a great young cb.. he can match johnson's speed easily, he is stronger and more physical than johnson also. johnson was pissed because he met his match and the qb wouldnt throw into tight coverage.

if i were ben, i'd defend myself too.. when someone says you cried about something after you make the opposing team's defense look like a jv team.. id have some choice words too. i dont know why you think it is a bad thing for a coach to defend his qb when he is being called out like that. responding to stupid criticism during an interview does not mean he is overlooking the colts.

oh well.. the fact is the bungles are going to be sitting at home this week watching the playoffs instead of heading to denver. WHO DEY.. WE DEY!

Boomer may want 100 Hines Wards but I only need one Tedy Bruschi.

1263056[/snapback]

That would be a hell of a game....100 Hines Wards against Tedy Bruschi. They should play that instead of the Pro Bowl. Put it on pay-per-view. I know I'd plunk down my $49.99 to see that! :D