[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Friday Night Poker

whomper

Are you guys ever planning to move this to a real money private tourney in the future? That way, you could schedule the tourney start time, the site would handle the payouts, and all that good stuff.

Is it a matter of people not wanting to make a deposit into a poker site? Or is it that no sites offer a real money private tourney? I know Poker Stars does, but you have to have a certain number of player points or whatever...

Is there any interest in ever changing the venue if that opportunity comes up?

Are you guys ever planning to move this to a real money private tourney in the future?  That way, you could schedule the tourney start time,  the site would handle the payouts, and all that good stuff.

Is it a matter of people not wanting to make a deposit into a poker site?  Or is it that no sites offer a real money private tourney?  I know Poker Stars does, but you have to have a certain number of player points or whatever...

1265288[/snapback]

Not sure how many of us would go for that. It's a pretty informal affair now, and have never had a problem with payment. And I know some of us would hesitate in opening an account, just because that's a road some of us may not want to go down.

As it is now, you lose $10 and it's not that big a deal. I for one know if I had $50 sitting in an online poker site I would tend to play more online, and my finances and family deserve better than that.

Just my .02.

Are you guys ever planning to move this to a real money private tourney in the future?  That way, you could schedule the tourney start time,  the site would handle the payouts, and all that good stuff.

Is it a matter of people not wanting to make a deposit into a poker site?  Or is it that no sites offer a real money private tourney?  I know Poker Stars does, but you have to have a certain number of player points or whatever...

1265288[/snapback]

Between doing it the way we do it and playing a Real money table, what are the advantages? The way I see it, we still play for money but we don't pay a rake. 100% of the money we put in is paid out. I play for real money on a few sites but in this situation, I think its a good setup.

To be clear, I'm not knocking your setup or suggesting you should change anything, I'm just trying to understand how it works and if you've ever considered changing the venue.

Regarding the setup: As I understand it, someone sets up a play money NL ring game table, distributes the password, and you guys essentially play a 10 man SNG tourney... right?

If that's true, how do you escalate the blinds? Or do you?

If that's true, how do you escalate the blinds?  Or do you?

1265385[/snapback]

That's where you got us. We cannot raise the blinds at the same table so we raise the minimum bet every 20 minutes. One downfall is the blinds can fold (even the big blind) in that scenario. I guess would could require the BB to call the minimum bet, but we haven't yet.

That's where you got us.  We cannot raise the blinds at the same table so we raise the minimum bet every 20 minutes.  One downfall is the blinds can fold (even the big blind) in that scenario.  I guess would could require the BB to call the minimum bet, but we haven't yet.

1265435[/snapback]

In either case, stealing blinds is not possible.

EDIT: Of course stealing the blinds is possible in the first scenario, but if the minimum bet is 100, you aren't getting the full benefit of stealing a BB of 25.

Edited by steeler