[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddler Fistfight #8

Jumpin Johnies

Who would win this fight?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win this fight?

• Grits
    • Lawdawg

Here's the real angle to consider:

We all know that men who spend a lot of time working out are gay (and that's fine).  However, it is well known that Blitz, underneath his tough image, has strong fears of the momo lifestyle--which is why he hates it so much. 

We've seen lawdog talk about how if he got blitz on the ground, he has the advantage.  It's quite obvious why he thinks that--he would go after Blitz not with punches or kicks--but with kisses and hugs.  Blitz would immediately be horrified as this would bring him face-to-face with his own man-love tendencies.  It is at this exact moment that Blitz would snap, overwhelmed by the weird feelings he was having, you know, down there.  Blitz would convert these feelings into a rage that could bring down a city--and the poor, hapless Lawdog would be so much plasma and tissue draining into the ground.

1278237[/snapback]

Quack.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know that men who spend a lot of time working out are gay (and that's fine).  However, it is well known that Blitz, underneath his tough image, has strong fears of the momo lifestyle--which is why he hates it so much. 

We've seen lawdog talk about how if he got blitz on the ground, he has the advantage.  It's quite obvious why he thinks that--he would go after Blitz not with punches or kicks--but with kisses and hugs.  Blitz would immediately be horrified as this would bring him face-to-face with his own man-love tendencies.  It is at this exact moment that Blitz would snap, overwhelmed by the weird feelings he was having, you know, down there.  Blitz would convert these feelings into a rage that could bring down a city--and the poor, hapless Lawdog would be so much plasma and tissue draining into the ground.

1278237[/snapback]

:D

I think these 2 guys are very skilled fighters as I assume in good faith that what they say is true. That being said its tough to base it on who is more qualified or who has more tourney wins because these 2 skilled combatants can capitalize in a hurry on a mistake..Blitz can always fold both of his ears and form a protective cocoon around his body which may prove difficult to penetrate.

1277873[/snapback]

:D Whomp you never cease to entertain me.

OK to the fight, from what I've read on both they are well trained however it seems SLD has been in more "real" fighting situations as far as full contact goes. I know grits has sparred and fought in tournaments but I'm sure they were the ones with headgear and gloves and rules about different techniques and not being able to use them. I see him being a good fighter with rules and head gear and a ref awarding points but facing another trained fighter in a street brawl is a different story. Noones gonna stop it after a "point" is awarded and give you time to collect yerself. I'm givin this one to Dawg barring any huge mistakes on his part. :D

Great match up JJ :D

1278237[/snapback]

If you are into it, 365 isn't that tough.  I was doing 395 in high school, and for some reason could never get over the mental hump and put up 400.  Of course a torn rotator cup later and I can only push out about 225 before my shoulder wants to come out of it's socket.  That and I haven't stepped foot in a gym in two years.

1277823[/snapback]

I used to lift weights 6x/week for about 1 1/2 hours per for about four years (1986-1990). My thoughts are as follows:

If you can bench 2x your weight and you weigh over 175 pounds, you are studly. Much easier for small guys, but still impressive. I have never in my life been able to do it (closest I would have gotten was weighing about 190 and benching 370 or so ...)

Natural strength makes a big difference. I had one friend in college who only lifted occasionally, who was not near as muscular as I was, but he was much stronger pound for pound ... he looked a lot like Henry Rollins.

Looking back on it, after two shoulder surgeries resulting from a lifting accident doing military presses, I wished I had focused more on size and less on power lifting. After my accident, I have not really lifted much save for some Nautilus type machines here and there ... now I am a doughboy ...

:D Whomp you never cease to entertain me.

OK to the fight, from what I've read on both they are well trained however it seems SLD has been in more "real" fighting situations as far as full contact goes. I know grits has sparred and fought in tournaments but I'm sure they were the ones with headgear and gloves and rules about different techniques and not being able to use them. I see him being a good fighter with rules and head gear and a ref awarding points but facing another trained fighter in a street brawl is a different story. Noones gonna stop it after a "point" is awarded and give you time to collect yerself. I'm givin this one to Dawg barring any huge mistakes on his part. :D

Great match up JJ :D

1278377[/snapback]

I have never participated in a tournament where the fight is stopped after a point is scored ... I agree that's pretty bogus and I wouldn't be apart of it.

I have been pretty busy today ... but have tried to give some thought to the name of this bout ...

1. Battle of the Titans

2. Battle for Jurisdiction

3. Justifiable Manslaughter

4. Application of Jurisprudence

5. The Main Event, Dawgy Style

Still thinking ...

6. All Dawgs go to Heaven

Edited by Grits and Shins

Sarge can have the 2nd round ... I'll be done with Dawg in the 1st.

Last I talked to Sarge he hasn't kept his training up ... maybe he can ride in the same ambulance as Dawg?

1278001[/snapback]

Im 20 lbs overweight, and havent been in the dojo in 2 plus yrs now, and I could still take you out in about 55 seconds. See son, once I get you on the ground, its over. Your sissy boy show kicks wont help you when you are lying on your back on the mat, which it should take me no more than 15 seconds to get your there. ill give you the benefit of about 30 seconds before I either get the arm bar, or the chokehold. Then your pride will allow you to hold on for about 10 seconds if you are lucky, then you can just start tapping the mat, until Im pulled off of you. Afterwards we can go have a cold one, and I can let you know why you lost. :D

Im 20 lbs overweight, and havent been in the dojo in 2 plus yrs now, and I could still take you out in about 55 seconds.  See son,  once I get you on the ground, its over.  Your sissy boy show kicks wont help you when you are lying on your back on the mat, which it should take me no more than 15 seconds to get your there.  ill give you the benefit of about 30 seconds before I either get the arm bar, or the chokehold.  Then your pride will allow you to hold on for about 10 seconds if you are lucky, then you can just start tapping the mat, until Im pulled off of you.  Afterwards we can go have a cold one, and I can let you know why you lost.  :D

1278458[/snapback]

You've obviously been hit in the head too hard several times too many.

It might be a fair fight if BOTH you and Dawg were to try me.

Im 20 lbs overweight, and havent been in the dojo in 2 plus yrs now, and I could still take you out in about 55 seconds.  See son,  once I get you on the ground, its over.  Your sissy boy show kicks wont help you when you are lying on your back on the mat, which it should take me no more than 15 seconds to get your there.  ill give you the benefit of about 30 seconds before I either get the arm bar, or the chokehold.  Then your pride will allow you to hold on for about 10 seconds if you are lucky, then you can just start tapping the mat, until Im pulled off of you.  Afterwards we can go have a cold one, and I can let you know why you lost.  :D

1278458[/snapback]

There's a lot of repressed man-love in that post.

You've obviously been hit in the head too hard several times too many.

It might be a fair fight if BOTH you and Dawg were to try me.

1278460[/snapback]

Oh Ive definately been hit in the head too hard too many times. But I have never been knocked out. Unfortunately Ive had my nose broken several times, broke 2 bones in my right hand, and even broke a few toes that ended matches early. But that was my own fault. See I tried to make the fight a spectacle, and unfortunately that is not my style. You are all about style blitz. Style gets you on your back wondering what the hell happened.

No thanks, he'd get in my way, Id have to take him out before I whipped you. :D

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Yes, yes you're getting the picture now ... you'd be my whipping boy ...

1278476[/snapback]

Hey, I love a challenge. maybe we can put the gi's on and find out sometime. Im working my way back in shape now, PM me your info and we can make it happen sometime.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Oh Ive definately been hit in the head too hard too many times.  But I have never been knocked out.  Unfortunately Ive had my nose broken several times, broke 2 bones in my right hand, and even broke a few toes that ended matches early.  But that was my own fault.  See I tried to make the fight a spectacle, and unfortunately that is not my style.  You are all about style blitz.  Style gets you on your back wondering what the hell happened.

No thanks, he'd get in my way, Id have to take him out before I whipped you.  :D

1278472[/snapback]

No broken bones here ... although I have had the left eye stitched up one, and opened up another time. Tore the rotator cuff once (partially) doing a scissor sweep. See more often than not it's my opponent that has the broken bone or cut.

Hey, I love a challenge.  maybe we can put the gei's on and find out sometime.  Im working my way back in shape now, PM me your info and we can make it happen sometime.

1278491[/snapback]

Not the "meet me at the Dojo routine" again...

I'm still waiting for a Spain match breakdown where he calls us both pussies.  Those make me laugh.

1278031[/snapback]

Sorry SLD! I have been on conference calls all friggin day. I just got off one where the leader of the call was a dot head Indian named Raju. You think growing up with the name "Whitney" is bad. How would you like be named after cheap spaghetti sauce? I guess if he ever got into a boxing match, they would refer to him as a "tomato can"... :D

Let me guess, Im matched up against Menudo.  Come on, at least make it someone who has some sack to spar or show up.  That Rosie O'Donnell reminds me of a french canadien, not that there is anything wrong with that.

1278499[/snapback]

Menudo was offered a Division I wrestling scholarship, still holds high school football receiving records and played college football. He's more than qualified to serve you a beatdown. You will be surprised with who I pair you up against though.

Menudo was offered a Division I wrestling scholarship, still holds high school football receiving records and played college football.  He's more than qualified to serve you a beatdown.  You will be surprised with who I pair you up against though.

1278515[/snapback]

He writes poems, methinks he's gotta be a pansy. :D