[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddler Fistfight #8

Jumpin Johnies

Who would win this fight?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win this fight?

• Grits
    • Lawdawg

::D

I can see your strategy now.  Run the mouth until I fall asleep.  Having good upper body strength is huge in any fight that goes to the ground.

Bottom line....I'd have fun with this.  I always enjoy getting in the ring / cage with people that actually know how to fight and I think Blitz would bring a good challenge.  I'll repeat myself from an earlier post:  Standing, he probably has an advantage due to his reach.  If he could keep me outside, I'd be limited.  On the ground, no contest.

1278021[/snapback]

I don't think reach plays as much of an advantage in MMA because most of the time one of the fighters either shoots in, or clinches and goes for the takedown. In a boxing match or standup only fight, reach would certainly play a bigger part.

Just my .02 of course.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still waiting for a Spain match breakdown where he calls us both pussies.  Those make me laugh.

1278031[/snapback]

That normally comes several hours after the original posting.

1278041[/snapback]

You can't rush good pizza (ode to bloodninja) or a good spain fight review!

I don't think reach plays as much of an advantage in MMA because most of the time one of the fighters either shoots in, or clinches and goes for the takedown.  In a boxing match or standup only fight, reach would certainly play a bigger part.

Just my .02 of course.

1278039[/snapback]

Thats what I said:

Standing, he probably has an advantage due to his reach.

Once on the ground, having longer limbs is actually a detriment. There are a lot of MMA fighters who have great standup and are successful keeping the fight on their feet. My plan would definitely be to shoot in for a takedown but you have to wait for the right opportunity. I've caught plenty of people shooting in with a strong knee to the head that ended the fight.

Edited by Seattle LawDawg

Sarge needs to have a battle vs. his Athena list.  Myself and about half the huddle is on it.  His Athena list wins in a landslide.

1278057[/snapback]

You'll have to wait and see it will be a classic. Puddy's up tomorrow, his will be a two day weekend special.

Edited by Jumpin Johnies

You'll have to wait and see it will be a classic.  Puddy's up tomorrow, his will be a two day weekend special.

1278059[/snapback]

Bean Counter vs. bean Counter matchup?

Can Puddy use his pocket protector and adding machine as special weapons in this match?

:D I like to pick these fights based on who they are HERE. Not who they really are. Given that - it is still a good matchup because of Blitzes treatment of noobs, which SLD still is relatively speaking.

Blitz used to piss me off so much that I would have never voted for him in the past. When I first started perusing the main forum, he was responding to all WDIS posts that were in the wrong forum by copying and pasting a long-ass list of rules about posting to teach everyone to go to the advice forum. It was a good idea the first 500 times he did it but after that I got tired of scrolling :D

Over time Blitz began to grow on me. I appreciated the way he was let loose a littany of swear words one day in the main forum only to immediately get put on timeout by DMD. Blitz didn't post for a couple of months after that. Something didn't seem right around here during that time. I think I was actually missing Blitz :D .

LawDawg showed up on the scene this year and acclimated himself quickly. Didn't Oprah around with the main forum before diving right into the tailgate. Posted some funny ass poop story that everyone loved and I sort of accused him of plagiarism at the time. He never did claim it was his story from the get go, but people were swingin' on his nut sac so hard, I had to let everyone know it was copied. Now that I know what a bad ass he is, I retract everything I said :D

Now I don't know who's training is superior as I'm pretty sure they could both kick my ass (although I was a Cub Scout but never made it to Weeblos)....

I'm going to go with the Huddle experience as Blitz puts another newbie in his place

Dang - I was going to get hammered tonight too.  Looks like I'll have to be in bed by 8:00.

1278097[/snapback]

Not if you use the twiley training program.

Start drinking now.

Hit strip clubs one hour before fight.

Become engulfed in cheap stripper perfume.

Show up to fight.

Paralyze opponent with stench of cheap perfume and alcohol breath.

Beat them to a bloody pulp while not spilling any of that oh-so delectable nectar of the Gods.

Grab beer and stripper and enjoy the morning.

Here's the real angle to consider:

We all know that men who spend a lot of time working out are gay (and that's fine). However, it is well known that Blitz, underneath his tough image, has strong fears of the momo lifestyle--which is why he hates it so much.

We've seen lawdog talk about how if he got blitz on the ground, he has the advantage. It's quite obvious why he thinks that--he would go after Blitz not with punches or kicks--but with kisses and hugs. Blitz would immediately be horrified as this would bring him face-to-face with his own man-love tendencies. It is at this exact moment that Blitz would snap, overwhelmed by the weird feelings he was having, you know, down there. Blitz would convert these feelings into a rage that could bring down a city--and the poor, hapless Lawdog would be so much plasma and tissue draining into the ground.

Not if you use the twiley training program.

Start drinking now.

Hit strip clubs one hour before fight.

Become engulfed in cheap stripper perfume.

Show up to fight.

Paralyze opponent with stench of cheap perfume and alcohol breath.

Beat them to a bloody pulp while not spilling any of that oh-so delectable nectar of the Gods.

Grab beer and stripper and enjoy the morning.

1278114[/snapback]

To each his own

Here's the real angle to consider:

We all know that men who spend a lot of time working out are gay (and that's fine).  However, it is well known that Blitz, underneath his tough image, has strong fears of the momo lifestyle--which is why he hates it so much. 

We've seen lawdog talk about how if he got blitz on the ground, he has the advantage.  It's quite obvious why he thinks that--he would go after Blitz not with punches or kicks--but with kisses and hugs.  Blitz would immediately be horrified as this would bring him face-to-face with his own man-love tendencies.  It is at this exact moment that Blitz would snap, overwhelmed by the weird feelings he was having, you know, down there.  Blitz would convert these feelings into a rage that could bring down a city--and the poor, hapless Lawdog would be so much plasma and tissue draining into the ground.

1278237[/snapback]

Or SLD could just show up to the fight in a half shirt and thong. How much would Blitz want to grapple then?

::D

I can see your strategy now.  Run the mouth until I fall asleep.  Having good upper body strength is huge in any fight that goes to the ground.

Bottom line....I'd have fun with this.  I always enjoy getting in the ring / cage with people that actually know how to fight and I think Blitz would bring a good challenge.  I'll repeat myself from an earlier post:  Standing, he probably has an advantage due to his reach.  If he could keep me outside, I'd be limited.  On the ground, no contest.

1278021[/snapback]

:D I will "run my mouth" at the same time I'm beatin' you down .. no worry I can multi-task.

Thats what I said:

Standing, he probably has an advantage due to his reach.

Once on the ground, having longer limbs is actually a detriment.  There are a lot of MMA fighters who have great standup and are successful keeping the fight on their feet.  My plan would definitely be to shoot in for a takedown but you have to wait for the right opportunity.  I've caught plenty of people shooting in with a strong knee to the head that ended the fight.

1278047[/snapback]

No doubt you'd likely have me if we went to the ground ... that's why you wouldn't get past my guard.

It would be fun though.