[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brokeback Mountain

Guest Sores

Wow. The original thread locked. Not sure what to make of that.

I finally saw Brokeback tonite. A good, but not great film. Packing a 20+ year story into 135 minutes is not easy, but Ang Lee did a pretty good job.

For all you homo-phobes, you will be happy to note that while sex scenes are depicted, they are done so in a manner where you see nothing...but you certainly feel the energy and passion. The two principals do kiss and hold each other and why not? They are in love.

It was interesting on several levels to see this following the marriage thread I started this week. I won't spoil it for those who have not seen it yet, but when a single word is shown stamped on a postcard in the film, your heart will drop and you will feel the loss along with Heath Ledger's character.

Guys, I know some of you are dead set in your thoughts and beliefs when it comes to gays, but at the same time you show love and support equally for your wives, girlfriends, and even at times for your fellow Huddlers. That doesn't make you less a man. If anything it proves your worth as a husband, boyfriend, friend and person.

Getting back to the movie....it is a believable (except for Anne Hathaway's wigs) story of two people who find happiness in being together. That is not a bad thing.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I know some of you are dead set in your thoughts and beliefs when it comes to gays, but at the same time you show love and support equally for your wives, girlfriends, and even at times for your fellow Huddlers.  That doesn't make you less a man.  If anything it proves your worth as a husband, boyfriend, friend and person. 

1281005[/snapback]

One of the best things ever written here.

:D

I can only assume that this is a fishing expedition by my obsession, and if it is, bravo! :D Great job! Because even being able to post a thread with a "straight" face about wanting to go see two rump rangers cuddling and making out is more than most hetero-sexual men can do. I frankly dont give a rat's ass about pole smokers, but watching makeout scenes of queers in a loving embrace is not something I want to see. It is weird and makes me want to vomit. And to compare it to a love scene between a man and a woman in terms of entertainment value for heterosexual men is idiotic. I certainly dont want to go watch a love story about 2 hairy ass men who decide they want to insert each others dik's into their respective rectums and mouths. Call me a homo-phobe or a redneck or a Bubba or whatever other names you politically correct types have for hetero-sexual men who dont feel the need to accept as normal every freakish fetish and bizarre lifestyle out there. But to expect hetero-sexual men to go watch a homo fest in order to be p.c. is absurd and unrealistic.

Loving my wife and showing support for her has nothing to do with watching gay movies. And going to a movie about 2 homo Cowboys doesnt prove you are more of a man, or a better husband, or whatever your point was. Real frankly, if someone doesnt have a sickening reaction to 2 queers playing hide the sausage, I think it says more about them than it does about those of us who are sickened by this crap.

Edited by spain

I can only assume that this is a fishing expedition by my obsession, and if it is, bravo! :D  Great job!  Because even being able to post a thread with a "straight" face about wanting to go see two rump rangers cuddling and making out is more than most hetero-sexual men can do.  I frankly dont give a rat's ass about pole smokers, but watching makeout scenes of queers in a loving embrace is not something I want to see.  It is weird and makes me want to vomit.  And to compare it to a love scene between a man and a woman in terms of entertainment value for heterosexual men is idiotic.  I certainly dont want to go watch a love story about 2 hairy ass men who decide they want to insert each others thingie's into their respective rectums and mouths.  Call me a homo-phobe or a redneck or a Bubba or whatever other names you politically correct types have for hetero-sexual men who dont feel the need to accept as normal every freakish fetish and bizarre lifestyle out there.  But to expect hetero-sexual men to go watch a homo fest in order to be p.c. is absurd and unrealistic.

1281150[/snapback]

Would you go see it if it were a love story about 2 beautiful cowboys?

Loving my wife and showing support for her has nothing to do with watching gay movies.  And going to a movie about 2 homo Cowboys doesnt prove you are more of a man, or a better husband, or whatever your point was.  Real frankly, if someone doesnt have a sickening reaction to 2 queers playing hide the sausage, I think it says more about them than it does about those of us who are sickened by this crap.

1281150[/snapback]

Chief Dick said it best...

One of the best things ever written here.

:D

1281149[/snapback]

Would you go see it if it were a love story about 2 beautiful cowboys?

1281151[/snapback]

:D What would be wrong with that?

Buncha homophobic sissies. I think a great deal of the point is that you need to look beyond the individuals depicted to the themes.

1281183[/snapback]

Well, lets see. If I were able to look beyond the tonsil tickle and lick fest, what exactly are the themes? That 2 seemingly normal, AND MARRIED, men hook up once per year to screw? Great! So, the theme is supposed to be something along the lines of "Adulterous macho gay men playing dress-up Cowboys show us the "true meaning" of love by cheating on their wives as they have homosexual affairs". Great theme! Bring the kids! Get real. I am supposed to appreciate not only the loving, tender moments between homo's, but men that cheat on their wife's so they can accomodate another man's weiner deep within their bowels. Some themes dont really need to be made into a movie.

Edited by spain

Well, lets see.  If I were able to look beyond the tonsil tickle and lick fest, what exactly are the themes?  That 2 seemingly normal, AND MARRIED, men hook up once per year to screw?  Great!  So, the theme is supposed to be something along the lines of "Adulterous macho gay men playing dress-up Cowboys show us the "true meaning" of love by cheating on their wives as they have homosexual affairs".  Great theme!  Bring the kids!  Get real.  I am supposed to appreciate not only the loving, tender moments between homo's, but men that cheat on their wife's so they can accomodate another man's weiner deep within their bowels.  Some themes dont really need to be made into a movie.

1281226[/snapback]

Your gonna get this one locked as soon as DMD wakes up arent ya? :D

I am supposed to appreciate not only the loving, tender moments between homo's, but men that cheat on their wife's so they can accomodate another man's weiner deep within their bowels.

Ah Spain, You're the best ... :D:D:D

Edited by Front Row

Well, lets see.  If I were able to look beyond the tonsil tickle and lick fest, what exactly are the themes?  That 2 seemingly normal, AND MARRIED, men hook up once per year to screw?  Great!  So, the theme is supposed to be something along the lines of "Adulterous macho gay men playing dress-up Cowboys show us the "true meaning" of love by cheating on their wives as they have homosexual affairs".  Great theme!  Bring the kids!  Get real.  I am supposed to appreciate not only the loving, tender moments between homo's, but men that cheat on their wife's so they can accomodate another man's weiner deep within their bowels.  Some themes dont really need to be made into a movie.

1281226[/snapback]

You sure know alot about this movie.

1281226[/snapback]

:D:D:D

No way, it isn't happening, no reason for it!

I love it when people trash movies they haven't seen. It's so...credible. I haven't seen it either, mind you, and I have no idea whether it's good or not but at least I haven't devoted a bunch of time giggling and pretend vomiting over it.

I love it when people trash movies they haven't seen. It's so...credible. I haven't seen it either, mind you, and I have no idea whether it's good or not but at least I haven't devoted a bunch of time giggling and pretend vomiting over it.

1281367[/snapback]

Agree 100%. It happens on both sides of the aisle, whether it's this or Passion of the Christ. I won't trash a movie that has subject matter that I don't like, it just means that I won't spend any of my time or money in support of it.