[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Great Taco Caper

cliaz

I am going to conduct an experiment on my neighborhood starting this weekend. I have investors already line up (not that it’s going to cost a lot of money) and laying out my plan of attack.

Reason why? I’m curious to see if what I do can make the local paper and really curious to see how they will report on it.

Okay, stay with me on this:

I have been given $100 by my secret investor and I am putting $100 to it myself.

Materials: min. of 200 99cent tacos, min. of 200 paper (white) dolies (sp?) (already have a box from our wedding), 200 paper thank you cards.

Objective: Don’t know yet but hopefully to make the local paper.

Mission: I am going to order tacos from this local taco shop in groups of 8 to 10 over the course of a month. I am also going to have my wife go and 2 other friends do this as well, that way they won’t remember one guy coming in and ordering 200 tacos.

I will freeze the tacos until I’ve reached the number of 200. Then I will take normal white construction paper and cut it into little name tags that you fold in half and place on a table (like at a wedding.) and write the words “Thank you” on them.

Goal: To head out into the neighborhood in the early morning hours and leave one taco on a white paper doly with a thank you card on their door step. BUT There will be 1 bite taken out of the taco.

We did something like this back in the day but on a much smaller scale.

Hopefully people will be like “what the hell, someone left 200 tacos on 200 door steps with bites taken out of them and a thank you card.”

Worst case scenario: Just another in the long line of stupid experiments I do that goes no where.

Is the ONLY goal here to make the papers, or are you going to try to observe how people react to the taco? 

(what a weird sentence)

1297202[/snapback]

Not sure, I'm just going through a bored stage right now and tended to do stupid Athena at time.

I'd be really curious to see their reaction in the Am but I think that will be impossible

Be wary of a overzealous prosocutor that might try to book you on disorderly conduct charges.

1297233[/snapback]

or trespassing, or littering, or a violation of civil rights-why didn't you leave a hamburger, since I'm mexican did you think I'd want a taco? :D

or trespassing, or littering, or a violation of civil rights-why didn't you leave a hamburger, since I'm mexican did you think I'd want a taco?  :D

1297249[/snapback]

already done the hamburger before. Tacos are cheap.

Are you fully prepared to eat 200 bites of taco in a very short period of time?  I'm more curious to hear about your Polk stories afterwards!  :D

1297251[/snapback]

Take a bite yes, swallow that bite, no.

I like to knock on random doors with an open snackpak of pudding and ask people if its ok to eat the pudding.

"This is kinda old, but it tastes ok.  Is it safe to eat this?"

1297282[/snapback]

AtomicCEO - right up my alley, I have a strange sense of humor that most people don't get (case in point, the tacos). That right there is dead on funny as Athena.

AtomicCEO - right up  my alley, I have a strange sense of humor that most people don't get (case in point, the tacos).  That right there is dead on funny as Athena.

1297297[/snapback]

I have videotape of us doing this in high school. Not just houses, but cars at stoplights. Some people are weird... and I am one of us.

We got into the local paper by reporting a fake hole in one during a golf outing coinciding with our 10 year high school reunion.

When I tell golfers about this they get mad. :D

enjoy him huddlers.  with ideas like these, cliaz is surely bound for bigger and better things than our humble little message board.

1297583[/snapback]

Step 1: Tacos Caper

Step 2: Russian Mail order brides

Step 3: Purchase Peanutbutter Factory

Step 4: Plan Escape route out of country

Step 5: Enslave the World with my Peanutbutter Powered Russian Mail order Brides