[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre Will Play

Adrenaline

The more I think about it this whole ordeal should make the draft a piece of cake for the new coaching staff next year. They likely had to come up with two game plans this year, one with and one without.

I'm obviously not a Packers fan, but my initial reaction to this news is that I was a little disappointed for the Packers. I mean sure, Favre is a HOF Quarterback and he always brings enough talent to win those close games, but I think everybody (but Favre) is about ready to see what the next phase of the Packers history will look like. It just feels like with this news everything has just been put on hold for one more year for Green Bay. Am I alone in this sentiment?

I've always liked Brett Favre. I'm glad to see him come back another year, as he is simply a fun player to watch. However, I think that Favre's best year's are obviously behind him, and I, unfortunately, don't see this season going in a positive direction for the Packers or Favre. Just my $.02

I'm going to say this one more time...

1. Favre faced a BUNCH of media critics/doubters one other time in his career.

2. Because of that, he predicted a championship and went into the season dead-set on proving his critics wrong.

3. Favre led the Packers to the SuperBowl and won it.

4. Favre is facing both critics AND doubters again this year.

5. Since this will be his last year, he'll have even MORE motivation to succeed this year.

1+2+3+4+5 = The Packers will at LEAST compete for the division title. Just like the last few years, the NFC North is up for grabs. Hell, the entire NFC is up for grabs. Once the playoffs start, all bets are off.

And, IF the Packers DO make the playoffs, you can bet that I won't be the only one saying, "Look out for Brett Favre."

2. Because of that, he predicted a championship and went into the season dead-set on proving his critics wrong.

5. Since this will be his last year, he'll have even MORE motivation to succeed this year.

1+2+3+4+5 = The Packers will at LEAST compete for the division title. Just like the last few years, the NFC North is up for grabs. Hell, the entire NFC is up for grabs. Once the playoffs start, all bets are off.

And, IF the Packers DO make the playoffs, you can bet that I won't be the only one saying, "Look out for Brett Favre."

1438226[/snapback]

If this is his last year playing, can you imagine how cool this game will be:

Thursday December 21, Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers - 7:00 p.m.

Potentially Favre's last home game, and it's against the Vikes... gotta love it!

You guys putting nails in Favres QB coffin are way, way, way to premature.

Favre still has more talent in his left pinky, than a plethora of other starting NFL QB's.

Rodgers has another year to learn (which I think is a good thing), the O'line began coming along at the end of last year & commiserate with their development, the running game finished strong. Ted Thompson will address the D in this draft.

The only thing needing to be done is to get Walker back in the fold.

If Favre could swallow his pride just a little bit and apologies for publicly sticking his nose in Walkers business last year and Thompson uses some of that massive cap room he's got, on a fair contract for Walker, all will be well in Cheese Head land.

as long as you mean "win" in the feel-good happy happy sense, and not "win" football games.  'cause i don't see that division doing much "winning" on sundays. :D

1438179[/snapback]

+1

Favre still has more talent in his left pinky, than a plethora of other starting NFL QB's.

Rodgers has another year to learn (which I think is a good thing), the O'line began coming along at the end of last year & commiserate with their development, the running game finished strong. Ted Thompson will address the D in this draft.

If Favre could swallow his pride just a little bit and apologies for publicly sticking his nose in Walkers business last year and Thompson uses some of that massive cap room he's got, on a fair contract for Walker, all will be well in Cheese Head land.

1438259[/snapback]

Agree 100%.

1438259[/snapback]

right on the money

1438226[/snapback]

you're starting to sound like one of those perpetually (naively) optimistic lions fans :D

Big Pack fan here.I am glad to hear Favre is coming back but if he plays as he did last year I will be sadly disappointed.29 picks is an f--------in joke.The Pack lost many tight games last year even with a sub-par team.The defense was respectable in the latter part of the season.The way Favre tried to force things last year probably accounted for about half of his INT's.Last year was the the first time I thought he was a bigger part of the problem than he was of the solution.I am just tired of watching him throw picks for no other reason than he feels like he has to win the game all by himself.Now if he can come back and play within the scheme of the offense and not force the ball deep every third throw than fine.I seriously think the Pack can be a 9-7 team next year if Brett can cut his picks in half,and we get A.J Hawke in the draft.

You're starting to sound like a parrot who just listens to all the talking heads on ESPN.

1438340[/snapback]

:D what's that supposed to mean? who am i parroting? all i ever hear from the talking heads is the same kind of brett favre manlove YOU'RE expressing. "last time people doubted brett favre....he threw for, like, less than 25 picks" oooooh, i'm sure the rest of the league is quaking :D

:D what's that supposed to mean?  who am i parroting?  all i ever hear from the talking heads is the same kind of brett favre manlove YOU'RE expressing.  "last time people doubted brett favre....he threw for, like, less than 25 picks"  oooooh, i'm sure the rest of the league is quaking :D

1438353[/snapback]

Are you serious? Hmm...maybe you are more separated from the NFL than I thought. :D

Pretty much EVERY SINGLE person in the media is STILL criticizing Favre for his decision to return. As I type this, I'm listening to Dan Patrick and Keith Olberman agree with SI's Rick Reilly that it was a bad decision because the team is so terrible.

Colin Cowherd said the same thing two hours ago. Writers everywhere are saying the same thing. You're just regurgitating it.