[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Satellite or Cable?

Footballjoe

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Satellite but my wife has a new marketing position for a rather large communications company now so I think I get digital cable, internet, and phone for free, so I guess to answer your question.... both.

Edited by twiley

DirectTV for two reasons, the first is the Suday Ticket. The second, is because I live out in the country, the cable provider out there really sucks, and the cable was going out more in a years time than in the three years I'v had the dish, and it would be down for the better part of a day or two.

I'm currently pricing out my options. I have a complicated situation in that I want digital TV and high speed internet... but I have no home phone.

Comcast just jumped my bill from the promotional rate of $76/mo for digital cable and internet to $140. After getting pretty cranky at them, they got me down to $88 dollars... but only for 3 months... then it goes back up. So, I have 3 months to switch.

I looked at DirecTV... but I'd have to bundle it with Qwest DSL to get a better price. And... they require that a home phone is a part of that bundle, along with all it's gay hidden taxes and fees, so who knows how much that would cost in the end.

I looked at Dish Network, but I hear their customer service is awful, and I'm getting pissed at talking to their resellers who don't know what they are talking about but are very pushy to close a sale. Does anyone know if they bundle with any high speed internet? The last lady I talked to said that they did... but what she was saying made no sense. Also, their $29 package will cost $45 once all their equipment rental fees and crap get added. Did you know they charge an extra $5 if you don't have a phone line attached to the receiver? Losers.

I'm thinking of getting standard non-digital cable and buying a TiVo box to hook up to it. They make those for analog cable, right? Then I could buy DSL alone for like $30.

Crap. Analog cable TiVo boxes require a phone line. :D

... and it's $20 month for service. Crap.

Yeah. I'm not sure if they do it any more but TiVo use to offer a lifetime membership that would only apply to that unit. I have a lifetime membership on one receiver but if it ever craps out I'll have to re-up for the monthly fee.

Cable. Can't get abc, cbs, nbc or fox on Directtv where I'm at.

I'd have to have the cable for at least them so just went with the cable company.

'sides, I have my phone and internet with them and do get a bulk discount that way

I looked at Dish Network, but I hear their customer service is awful, and I'm getting pissed at talking to their resellers who don't know what they are talking about but are very pushy to close a sale. Does anyone know if they bundle with any high speed internet? The last lady I talked to said that they did... but what she was saying made no sense. Also, their $29 package will cost $45 once all their equipment rental fees and crap get added. Did you know they charge an extra $5 if you don't have a phone line attached to the receiver? Losers.

Yes, Dish Network's customer service is horrible. I had a remote go bad a few weeks ago. It took at least a half hour to get a live person on the phone and then they acted like it was my fault the f'ing buttons quit working after 5 years. After finally convincing them that there remote was old and needed replaced they sent me a new one.

I didn't think that they had high speed internet, but I may have to call to find out because I would like to have it if they do.

RCN cable, 10 MB modem and phone bundled.

Crap. Analog cable TiVo boxes require a phone line. :D

... and it's $20 month for service. Crap.

my friend has a stand-alone tivo and no land-line phone and he was able to set it the machine up so it gets updates through his wireless network. i'm pretty sure he has digital cable, though, so i don't know if that's the catch.

Cable here. Why?

I don't want to have a box for every freakin' TV.

I don't want a dish on the front of my house

I don't want 2 dishes (From what I can tell that's what I need in my area) in the front of my house.

I don't want to deal w/ weather, not to mention trees could get in the way.

I wouldn't pay $200+ for the Ticket anyway. Heresy....mebee! :D I get enuff on normal TV, besides there is always the internet.

I do want someone to come out and fix it FREE! Though my cable TV has run flawlessly for years.

I do want On Demand

I do want BB, no DSL available here.

The savings for a dish is minimal w/ a maxed out pack that I have.

My cuz's boyfriend, some of you know my disdain for him, has the Dish. I'll take every opportunity to piss him off and argue with the yutz. :D

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

comcast tv

comcast internet

comcast digital voice

all on one bill & a very nice discount having all 3.

EDITED to ADD - i'd love the nfl ticket but it's not worth it for me having seahawks season tickets. if I need to see a particular game..... there's at least 5 bars within crawling distance of my casa.

Edited by Down Goes Frazia