[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

An apology to my fellow huddlers

polksalet

When I first started posting here on an everyday basis I didnt get Polk..Then after a while I began to recognize the brilliance. Then Polk stopped posting here a lot.

:D

When I first started posting here on an everyday basis I didnt get Polk..Then after a while I began to recognize the brilliance. Then Polk stopped posting here a lot.

Yeah dude, I had to get a job. It sucks and I am trying to talk the wife out of the finality of it. Unfortunately for the next 13.235 months I am the intern slave boy. After that I can load my laptop and cell moden and post to the huddle from alligator infested swamps.

Yeah dude, I had to get a job. It sucks and I am trying to talk the wife out of the finality of it. Unfortunately for the next 13.235 months I am the intern slave boy. After that I can load my laptop and cell moden and post to the huddle from alligator infested swamps.

Cell modems suck ass. Get an aircard and you get broadband speeds.

Happy Juneteenth to you too! Freeing the slaves was good for us white southerners too. During slavery, poor whites could never demand higher wages because the rich land owners/business owners could just go get some slaves to do the work for free. Once slavery ended, that free labor pool dried up and it allowed for higher wages for whites in the south. It helped us all. Well, except for the Limosine Liberals...

Happy Juneteenth to you too! Freeing the slaves was good for us white southerners too. During slavery, poor whites could never demand higher wages because the rich land owners/business owners could just go get some slaves to do the work for free. Once slavery ended, that free labor pool dried up and it allowed for higher wages for whites in the south. It helped us all.

that is actually a somewhat interesting hypothesis--I wonder if there is any research on it :D

Happy Juneteenth to you too! Freeing the slaves was good for us white southerners too. During slavery, poor whites could never demand higher wages because the rich land owners/business owners could just go get some slaves to do the work for free. Once slavery ended, that free labor pool dried up and it allowed for higher wages for whites in the south. It helped us all. Well, except for the Limosine Liberals...

that is actually a somewhat interesting hypothesis--I wonder if there is any research on it :D

I have no idea since I just came up with it...

Seems to me espana is noticing our country is going through these growing pains again. Substitute poor whites and slaves with Mexicans and there you go.

Seems to me espana is noticing our country is going through these growing pains again. Substitute poor whites and slaves with Mexicans and there you go.

The difference being, these Mexican slaves actually work...

Lived in Texas the majority of my life and only became aware of Juneteenth about 10 years ago.

They made a gig deal of it when I lived near Milwaukee, but hadn't heard it anywhere else.