[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

sleeper QB's

Avernus

okay...not as popular as RB's...but I'll do this the way RB's should have been done...

3 backups that you think have the best shot at fantasy production if they had to come in.....and 3 starters that aren't valued in the top 15 ...or around it....more-so around 20....in any general rankings...even use Huddle rankings if you want to....

Starters

Chris Sims

Aaron Brooks

Brad Johnson

Backups

Kelly Holcomb

Brian Griese

Jeff Garcia

I noticed on the huddle rankings...Brooks is ranked 9th...

oddly enough...he's always warranted around top 10 QB value...and now he has better weapons....it actually makes sense....lol...

I didn't have him 9th...but in no way will I dispute it...it re-opened my eye to him....because he's primarily a big-play QB...or nothing lol...

backups:

1. Matt Schaub

2. Kelly Holcomb

3. Ummmm.....Joey Harrington?

likely starters:

1. Drew Brees - is his situation in NO that different from SD?

2. Steve McNair - decent O-Line, WR corps, TE, and schedule....has possibilities to be a solid play.

3. Billy Volek - he can air it out, will likely have the opportunity. knows this is his shot to excell.

backups:

1. Matt Schaub

2. Kelly Holcomb

3. Ummmm.....Joey Harrington?

likely starters:

1. Drew Brees - is his situation in NO that different from SD?

2. Steve McNair - decent O-Line, WR corps, TE, and schedule....has possibilities to be a solid play.

3. Billy Volek - he can air it out, will likely have the opportunity. knows this is his shot to excell.

Brees had a pretty nice season last year to be considered a sleeper :D

okay...not as popular as RB's...but I'll do this the way RB's should have been done...

3 backups that you think have the best shot at fantasy production if they had to come in.....and 3 starters that aren't valued in the top 15 ...or around it....more-so around 20....in any general rankings...even use Huddle rankings if you want to....

Leftwich

Rivers

Volek

Gerrard

Frerotte

Schaub

Starters:

Volek - Is Calico injury free?

Frye - Jurevicious is a great target in the end zone

McNair

Backups:

Schaub - Same receivers Vick has... how come he gets more yards?

J. McCown

Rattay - Gannon like possibilities with Gruden?

Starters

Daunte

Brunell

Grossman

Backups

Hey guys I am going to give you a keeper pick that even thehuddle rankings don't have and it's Josh McCown a young guy with the arm power to just sling it up to the Boldin and Fitzgerald gone wrongs. Kitna won't be here forever and with that WR core they have to explode sometime!! And one for PUDDY in a year where Detroit has gone nuts (Red Wings lose-Pistons suck--the Tigers are good) and now the Lions it's the Detroit Debacle :D

CUTLER

Adrian McPherson

I've been saying it since the draft, the number 1 sleeper QB this year (according to my definition of a sleeper, which is based on how well a player progresses and goes above and beyond what is expected of him for the year, not so much how he does in comparison to other QBs) is Alex Smith. David Carr is a good one to watch as well, and I'll go with Andrew Walter over Aaron Brooks.

I don't have any idea about the backups.

Edited by Crazysight

For a sleeper QB, me likee some Kitna.

Definitely. Martz offense and nice receiving weapons. Roy Williams is ranked in the top 20 - someone has to throw to him. I have no problem waiting til the end of the draft to take him as my #2.

Starters:

Carr: Kubiak at the helm, has always had decent recieving weapons (Johnson, DD)

Lefty: everyone dropping him a notch after losing Smith, but he still has some sweet options with Williams, Wilford and Jones

Rivers: I'll take a shot on any QB that gets to play in an offense with weapons such as LT & Gates

Back-ups:

Kitna: not if, but when

Boller: with the pressure of being the starter gone, an aging Mcnair in front of him, and surrounded by solid plyers at all positions, he could deliver

Ferrotte: any injury to Bulger, and Ferrotte gets to toss to Holt/Curtis/Bruce

Starters:

Carr: Kubiak at the helm, has always had decent recieving weapons (Johnson, DD)

Lefty: everyone dropping him a notch after losing Smith, but he still has some sweet options with Williams, Wilford and Jones

Rivers: I'll take a shot on any QB that gets to play in an offense with weapons such as LT & Gates

Back-ups:

Kitna: not if, but when

Boller: with the pressure of being the starter gone, an aging Mcnair in front of him, and surrounded by solid plyers at all positions, he could deliver

Ferrotte: any injury to Bulger, and Ferrotte gets to toss to Holt/Curtis/Bruce

Kitna is starting..

I'm liking Frye as a good value. In 5 stints of significant action, yeah, his numbers weren't eye popping (60% comp, 944 yds/185 ypg, 6.5 ypc, 4 td/4 int) but solid, especially for a rookie on a bad team.

Full season, that's 3000 yds, 13 tds. I think that's a nice floor and while the td #s are sorta putrid, I think his ability to make plays with his feet and experience from last year will put him up into the high-teens/flirting with 20.

Nice backup with upside, GREAT pick for a keeper/dynasty type league.